HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Alex Lepkowski not signed (Invited to Dev Camp) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1439579)

26CornerBlitz 06-01-2013 05:50 PM

Alex Lepkowski not signed (Invited to Dev Camp)

@coreypronman

Buffalo did not sign 2011 5th round pick D Alex Lepkowski from Barrie in the OHL.

SundherDome 06-01-2013 06:36 PM

Not sure why they didn't but it could be the 53 contracts we have ..including fa and rfa

Chainshot 06-01-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp (Post 66876823)
Not sure why they didn't but it could be the 53 contracts we have ..including fa and rfa

For next season, they only have 34 contract on the books at the moment.

SundherDome 06-01-2013 07:35 PM

Seems odd then ..I don't see them bring back 16 people, hell I don't see them bringing back 10 of them.

Woodhouse 06-01-2013 07:43 PM

Kevin Snow ‏@kwsnow 1h
No update on Alex Lepkowski - the only unsigned jr player remaining from Sabres' 2011 draft class. Deadline is Midnight tonight.

Link: https://twitter.com/kwsnow/status/340966367777943552

Kevin Snow ‏@kwsnow 55m
@ryanaronica Austin isn't signed yet. Probably has more to do with the Ruhwedel signing.

Link: https://twitter.com/kwsnow/status/340977765874548736

Chainshot 06-01-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp (Post 66880661)
Seems odd then ..I don't see them bring back 16 people, hell I don't see them bringing back 10 of them.

Seven of their RFA's look like they'd get signed: Enroth & Hackett, Weber, Hodgson, Flynn, Tropp and Adam. That brings them to 43. After that, they have decisions to make on QA's for Schiestel, Lagace, and Crawford. I suspect they let Lagace go and I'm not sure they QA either of the two.

Given that scenario, they'd have 13 F's, 5 D, and 2 G in Buffalo (including Miller), so they'll need to either bring up or sign 2 D-men to round out the unit.

Something I've put forward in the past is that perhaps, if Lepkowski isn't drafted now that he's back in the draft, they invite him to Development Camp and then invite him to Amerks camp with the opportunity to earn a minor league deal akin to what they did with Fienhage and Legault. It's possible they want to have the flexibility to sign some other people while still putting the guy into their system.

SundherDome 06-02-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 66881487)
Seven of their RFA's look like they'd get signed: Enroth & Hackett, Weber, Hodgson, Flynn, Tropp and Adam. That brings them to 43. After that, they have decisions to make on QA's for Schiestel, Lagace, and Crawford. I suspect they let Lagace go and I'm not sure they QA either of the two.

Given that scenario, they'd have 13 F's, 5 D, and 2 G in Buffalo (including Miller), so they'll need to either bring up or sign 2 D-men to round out the unit.

Something I've put forward in the past is that perhaps, if Lepkowski isn't drafted now that he's back in the draft, they invite him to Development Camp and then invite him to Amerks camp with the opportunity to earn a minor league deal akin to what they did with Fienhage and Legault. It's possible they want to have the flexibility to sign some other people while still putting the guy into their system.

I'm not sure they bring back adam, but with the lack of scoring in rochester and eventual injury over 82 game season and being a rfa And former second round pick they may do what they did with persson. Makes sense that's a good view on lepkoowski..but he had a decent playoffs and was physical I'd take a 7th round flyer on him if I'm a physical dman depleted team.

Sabretip 06-02-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp (Post 66905577)
I'm not sure they bring back adam, but with the lack of scoring in rochester and eventual injury over 82 game season and being a rfa And former second round pick they may do what they did with persson. Makes sense that's a good view on lepkoowski..but he had a decent playoffs and was physical I'd take a 7th round flyer on him if I'm a physical dman depleted team.

If Ruff were still there, I'd bet my house that Adam would be allowed to walk - he didn't seem likely to ever escape Ruff's doghouse - but it's hard to know where Rolston sees Adam. Regier probably is loathe to abandon one of his own recent draft picks so, like you say, keeping Adam for depth in Rochester is probably what happens.

ottsabrefan 06-02-2013 01:22 PM

Disappointed, but not surprised. Who needs mean Dmen, right?

Zip15 06-02-2013 02:49 PM

Wasn't Lepkowski the guy who was unrated by the scouting services but they liked him enough at the Sabres draft combine to use a 5th on him? Whoops.

Chainshot 06-03-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 66913695)
Wasn't Lepkowski the guy who was unrated by the scouting services but they liked him enough at the Sabres draft combine to use a 5th on him? Whoops.

HP had him at 165 on their list for '11. *shrug* He was a Franny boy who knew Fattay, impressed at their draft combine. I still think he'll slip through the draft and be available for a pro tryout for the Amerks come fall.

Chainshot 07-08-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 66881487)

Well, he's coming to Dev Camp.