HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Daniel Přibyl does not receive an offer. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1439595)

Dr Gonzo 06-01-2013 06:09 PM

Daniel Přibyl does not receive an offer.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 3m
Montreal did not sign 4th round pick F Olivier Archambault (former 1st overall QMJHL pick) and 6th round pick F Daniel Pribyl.

I liked this kid, but I suppose you can't sign all your prospects.

Crimson Skorpion 06-01-2013 06:10 PM

That's a shame. Definitely had the tools and a good attitude, just too far behind on the depth chart, I guess.

HCH 06-01-2013 06:12 PM

I was hoping he would develop but if his skating is a big issue I can understand why there was no offer.

FlyingKostitsyn 06-01-2013 06:26 PM

I guess they don't want to hit the contract limit within two or three years. It makes sense not to sign prospects they believe have little NHL upside.

CaptainIginla 06-01-2013 06:30 PM

2011 was such a disgusting draft for the Canadiens (including Beaulieu, always wanted Brandon Saad)

That 06-01-2013 06:35 PM

I'm a fan of Pribyl, so I'm disappointed that they didn't sign him. Great frame with awesome puck skills. I think his poor skating ability and lack of a physical game must've been key in the decision not to sign him.

HABS2DCUP 06-01-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainIginla (Post 66876565)
2011 was such a disgusting draft for the Canadiens (including Beaulieu, always wanted Brandon Saad)

True, but lets not be to hasty in writing beaulieu off, the draft was only 2 years ago! Lets hope Nygren and Dietz make up for the other shortcomings of that draft though!

Whitesnake 06-01-2013 06:46 PM

Really ordinairy draft that 2011 is. Though Beaulieu, Nygren and Dietz will become NHL'ers so in the end...not THAT bad. And Didier's progress is still out there. Sullivan will be a longshot. But honestly, that was a really a 7th rounder. Kid had enough upside to warrant a 7th round. Honestly, one of the best 7th rounder in quite a long time. Even if he doesn't make it.

If people remember, Beaulieu falling was seen as great news. it was THE pick to make.

MonkeyBusiness 06-01-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Including Beaulieu? What are you talking about? Beaulieu had a great first season in the AHL and improved drastically defensively. He is exactly what we will be missing when Markov's no longer with the team. It's annoying that alot of people on this board don't like Beaulieu.

Dr Gonzo 06-01-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness (Post 66878953)
Including Beaulieu? What are you talking about? Beaulieu had a great first season in the AHL and improved drastically defensively. He is exactly what we will be missing when Markov's no longer with the team. It's annoying that alot of people on this board don't like Beaulieu.

Especially since he was the obvious BPA at the time, and he's been progressing nicely.

I don't get the Beaulieu hate either.

Laboeuf 06-01-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Defense takes longer to develop than wingers. If the team looses, fans blame defense and goalie and never wingers, if team wins, wingers get credit.

development chart time
-> means more time to develop

wingers ----->
center --------->
defense (with size) ---------------->
goalie ---------------------->

Habiton 06-01-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laboeuf (Post 66880143)
Defense takes longer to develop than wingers. If the team looses, fans blame defense and goalie and never wingers, if team wins, wingers get credit.

development chart time
-> means more time to develop

wingers----->
center--------->
defense (with size)---------------->
goalie---------------------->

I agree with you for sure, as always we need to be patient! Deitz had a phenomenal year

NewHabsEra* 06-01-2013 07:54 PM

I think we did fairly well without second and third round picks..

Habiton 06-01-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsEra (Post 66882175)
I think we did fairly well without second and third rd picks..

The lesson here imo is that we need all of our picks to be an effective franchise. I dont like trading picks away because we, as an organization, have invested so much resources, man power and time into our scouting staff that every pick has a chance to be something special. No sense to give that away for guys like Dominic Moore and James Wisneiwski (although I really liked both of them, if we are going to give assets to get them we need to sign them!).

25get 06-01-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Beaulieu is a D-Men who is going to become a top-4.
He has very good offense and skating.

He will need a year to improve his defense.
Question is if Beaulieu will be a top-4 or top-2.

Saad is great but forwards do develop faster.
For now, he is playing with Toews so his numbers are up there.

Three years from now, Beaulieu may turn out to be a better pick than Saad.
One thing for sure, I think Beaulieu will be very good at 25 years old.
Too fast to judge when you compare a d-men with a forward.

25get 06-01-2013 08:51 PM

Timmins probably gave his feedback about Prybil...
I am sure he is involved in all our decisions about our picks.

It is quite rare to give up on a 20 years old 2011 pick.
He was the youngest player of his team and is 6'2".

This is a very surprising decision.
With him and Archambeault, we have given up on two 2011 picks.

We need to wait a few months to understand this better.

googlymoogly 06-01-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24get (Post 66884483)
Beaulieu is a D-Men who is going to become a top-4.
He has very good offense and skating.

He will need a year to improve his defense.
Question is if Beaulieu will be a top-4 or top-2.

Saad is great but forwards do develop faster.
For now, he is playing with Toews so his numbers are up there.

Three years from now, Beaulieu may turn out to be a better pick than Saad.
One thing for sure, I think Beaulieu will be very good at 25 years old.
Too fast to judge when you compare a d-men with a forward.

I was aboutto mention the same thing. Saad has the privilege of playing for a stacked Hawks team. No denying Saad is good but his numbers are higher because of the players he is surrounded by.

overlords 06-01-2013 09:00 PM

I guess his skating really was THAT bad.

Richiebottles 06-01-2013 09:03 PM

Too bad. I was hoping he could develop into a poor man's pleks. Best of luck to him !

Analyzer 06-01-2013 09:08 PM

Stats wise he wasn't too bad.

Shame he wasn't signed.

Et le But 06-01-2013 09:15 PM

Thought he had a lot of promise, but if you can't skate, you ain't making the NHL.

Crimson Skorpion 06-01-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 66888009)
I guess his skating really was THAT bad.

He knew it too. Said it was something he was going to work on. Guess it was easier said than done.

Analyzer 06-01-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Private Encounter (Post 66890869)
He knew it too. Said it was something he was going to work on. Guess it was easier said than done.

To improve skating takes a while. If he had problems of weak ankles, then he'll never be able to improve it.

otto bond 06-01-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Private Encounter (Post 66875797)
That's a shame. Definitely had the tools and a good attitude, just too far behind on the depth chart, I guess.

I guessing skating was is strong asset?:sarcasm:
Got to keep up and maybe in 3-5 years, he'll have a shot somewhere. At 6'3, he was very interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness (Post 66878953)

I liked Beaulieu but he needs to be shelted a bit more defensively. Could he step up next year/ I say he could but it may have to relate to injuries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 66889089)
Stats wise he wasn't too bad.

Shame he wasn't signed.

Yet an other Avstin. I guess being tall does not always garenty you a NHL contract.

Galchenyuk4habs 06-01-2013 10:27 PM

Shame, I heard he was the most improved prospect of the habs this year, he's also 6'4" now. Was really hoping to see him make the club, he is/was our biggest forward prospect. I was hoping for him to develop to another late-round European gem :/