HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   GDT: Cole's Plus/Minus: Game 1 - The one that we got zero (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1439801)

ColePens 06-01-2013 09:44 PM

Cole's Plus/Minus: Game 1 - The one that we got zero

This is going to be an easy thread. I actually loved the efforts and loved how this team played. The puck didn't go in. Whoooooppttty doo. I bet you if we play the same way we did in the first forty minutes, we win the series. No doubt in my mind. The team just needs to make sure they stay poised and focused.

I was honestly very happy with the play through the 2nd goal being scored. It was tremendous. We could have been up 2-3 goals easily. Let's just stay focused there.

Couple small moves i'd make to the line up:
1) Engo or Despres in; Eaton out.

2) Vitale in; Cooke suspended (come on...we know it)

3) Iggy to Sid's line; Kunitz to Malkin's. Sid's worst game by far and Kunitz needs some new love.

Small Game notes:

- Sid's worst game I've seen...ever? Probably. Bad from the start. He's frustrated for no reason. Calm down, 87, and play your game. You are fine.

- Letang: Defense first, and we will be fine.

Sivek 06-01-2013 09:46 PM

People will whine about the end of the 2nd period stuff but McQuaid faking his death was the turning point. If Cooke is suspended, would like to see BB on the wing on the 3rd-line. Morrow-Sutter-Kennedy is not good enough. TK is easily the best player on that line right now and that's bad. Bump Morrow to the 4th line.

leafspensfan 06-01-2013 09:46 PM

These refs are ****ing garbage

MrBurgundy* 06-01-2013 09:46 PM

I said this in the GDT, but no way in hell do they beat us 3 more times.

I've never been so confident if something in my life.

Frederick Stanley 06-01-2013 09:46 PM

Bruins got very lucky today, but Pens have to score early in the next game to get the monkey of their backs.

Waffle Fries 06-01-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leafspensfan (Post 66892377)
Could you imagine a future hall of famer actually playing the minutes of a top 6 player?

This is great

That's just insane! There is no way that could be allowed!

Could you imagine if we had a really talented rookie defensemen that was much better than Mark Eaton who makes our Norris trophy nominee play better? That'd be nuts, too. :laugh:

Bluefan75 06-01-2013 09:47 PM

- Refs. Forget what's a penalty in the first not being a penalty in the third, it appears the rule book is flexible depending on what uniform you were wearing.

Not why the Pens the lost, but it was interesting how things that sent he Pens to the box or dressing room, did not carry the same consequence for the Bruins.

66 to 87 06-01-2013 09:47 PM

Solid through the first 2 periods and flat in the third. Also this is not Vokoun's fault.

Pancakes 06-01-2013 09:47 PM

We played fine, the Bruins are just really tough when they get a lead. Comeback hockey is tough when they put up the trap.

This team is like playing the Devils in that we better get the first one or we will have a lot of trouble winning.

Ragamuffin Gunner 06-01-2013 09:47 PM

just a bull **** game

didn't get a bounce, boston got 2

refs and eaton can go **** themselves

End of Line 06-01-2013 09:47 PM

Still 6 more games.

Rask stole this and they converted, while we played sloppy and didn't.

ColePens 06-01-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBurgundy (Post 66892803)
I said this in the GDT, but no way in hell do they beat us 3 more times.

Unless this team gets frustrated and doesn't play their way. I'm in FULL agreement, MB. We were ****ing so good. They survived and got lucky. It happens. We score goals - game changes.

sexyllama 06-01-2013 09:47 PM

Look at it this way if Cooke gets suspended... then the Boston guy will... watch. They are going to do makeup central after this **** show of penalties...

Jacob 06-01-2013 09:47 PM

Agreed on Eaton. He's gotta be perfect to be affective and he was far from it. At least when Despres makes a mistake he has the talent to make up for it.

Marns 06-01-2013 09:47 PM

HotCoffey 06-01-2013 09:48 PM

+Vokoun, still solid
-Anything Bylsma touches
-Powerplay was atrocious, B's are going to eat us alive on it

Lim Ran 06-01-2013 09:48 PM

I hope Boston enjoys that win. They buried every chance, got all the bounces, and the refs were the biggest pile of ********* I've seen in a very long time.

Penguins in 5.

BrookswasHere44 06-01-2013 09:48 PM

- me not being man enough to delete my hf account...such babies

66 to 87 06-01-2013 09:48 PM

Not worried. Pens played solid most of the game and if they can bring that effort again I'm sure they turn this around.

Stad 06-01-2013 09:48 PM

Talk about unlucky lol, pretty good first 2 periods and a horrible 3rd. Onto game 2.

bambamcam4ever 06-01-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexyllama (Post 66892935)
Look at it this way if Cooke gets suspended... then the Boston guy will... watch. They are going to do makeup central after this **** show of penalties...

That's not how it works. You know who Shanahan's boss is, right?

TravisUlrich 06-01-2013 09:49 PM

That's about the best 3-0 loss you can have. Faceoffs sucked. But overall just didn't get our breaks. We'll get them next game.

domaug* 06-01-2013 09:49 PM

+ not really anything

- probably the second-least deserving win i've seen the Bruins get (for the first two periods). i refuse to give them credit. the Pens dominated them for most of the game.
- McQuaid showing everyone what the Bruins are about when they're pressured physically: turtle and embellish
- refs being completely inconsistent with their calls. you can NOT come in here and tell Pens fans that the Pens still get all of the calls. you can't. but, someone will.

-- just the Bruins in general. can't stand this team.

Killahpunk 06-01-2013 09:49 PM

+Malkin was good.

-Sid was bad.

Crafton 06-01-2013 09:49 PM

+dominating the possession battle (even more impressive with the Bruins winning all the faceoffs).
+Nisky stopped sucking. he lead the team in Corsi (+7) and Fenwick (+3).

-Eaton did not lead the team in Corsi (-9) and Fenwick (-5).
-lazy comparisons to the philly series.