HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Dion Phaneuf (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1440329)

DougGilmour93 06-02-2013 09:44 PM

Dion Phaneuf
 
What would your team offer for his services?

tfong 06-02-2013 09:46 PM

Why u trading him?

The Podium 06-02-2013 09:47 PM

Gardiner - Gunnarsson
Franson - Liles
Fraser - Holzer?

:help:

This team NEEDS D, why the hell would we trade out best away,

Sokil 06-02-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Podium (Post 66930883)
This team NEEDS D, why the hell would we trade out best away,


AnthonyJohnson 06-02-2013 09:48 PM

Kassian + 2014 1st

Sniper99 06-02-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Podium (Post 66930883)
Gardiner - Gunnarsson
Franson - Liles
Fraser - Holzer?

:help:

This team NEEDS D, why the hell would we trade out best away,

Its a big trade forum. Everyone and their dog has to be traded for whatever reason.

DougGilmour93 06-02-2013 10:45 PM

I'd rather spend 6.5m elsewhere.

cyris 06-02-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 (Post 66933311)
I'd rather spend 6.5m elsewhere.

We aren't in cap trouble. Our biggest need is NHL Dmen and there aren't any D as good as Dion available to replace him.

Leafsforlife98 06-02-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 (Post 66930735)
What would your team offer for his services?

Bad move man :) Leafs fans are gonna blast you, even if he could/will possibly be traded. Trust me, I learned the hard way;) Good luck

Mikeyg 06-02-2013 11:11 PM

Oh my god is this a joke, top pair dmen rarely get traded, this team is desperate for 1 of morgan/finn/ranger/percy to breakout in camp next yr, but yeah lets just deal dion you are right. I swear to god toronto threads should be banned from the trade forums. Dion is a great 22 minute dman, anything over, he gets worn down. People dont understand that as the 2nd and 3rd pairs get better and more reliable, he will be able to play fewer minutes per game and be much more effective.
I swear if i see another "toronto for seth" or anymore crap like this im going to lose it.

Toronto is content with its team right now, we need another top 4 dman and a number 1 C, but we arent willing to blow up the team in order to get it, and I would personally just like to draft and develop our own players, then make unrealistic threads in the trade forums all day and get beat down by trolls.

Stopping Pucks 06-02-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeyg (Post 66934157)
Oh my god is this a joke, top pair dmen rarely get traded, this team is desperate for 1 of morgan/finn/ranger/percy to breakout in camp next yr, but yeah lets just deal dion you are right. I swear to god toronto threads should be banned from the trade forums. Dion is a great 22 minute dman, anything over, he gets worn down. People dont understand that as the 2nd and 3rd pairs get better and more reliable, he will be able to play fewer minutes per game and be much more effective.
I swear if i see another "toronto for seth" or anymore crap like this im going to lose it.

Toronto is content with its team right now, we need another top 4 dman and a number 1 C, but we arent willing to blow up the team in order to get it, and I would personally just like to draft and develop our own players, then make unrealistic threads in the trade forums all day and get beat down by trolls.

:leafs
1ST OVERALL PICK - 2013

:avs
Dion Phaneuf, 1st Round Pick - 2013, JVR

:D

Sparksrus3 06-02-2013 11:50 PM

If TML was looking to acquire Phaneuf they would offer Kulemen and a third. So if any team offered equal to that it should be accepted.

CanadienShark 06-02-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDZx (Post 66934583)
:leafs
1ST OVERALL PICK - 2013

:avs
Dion Phaneuf, 1st Round Pick - 2013, JVR

:D

This just in... **** charges are laid against Colorado towards Toronto. Toronto gets ****ed big time.

Halpysback 06-03-2013 12:11 AM

Stastny?

Avec Fromage* 06-03-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 66935823)
Stastny?

If the Leafs were looking for a 50 pt. centre, they would just target Stephen Weiss in free agency. He wants to play here and would come at $1M less, at least.

Sniper99 06-03-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avec Fromage (Post 66936151)
If the Leafs were looking for a 50 pt. centre, they would just target Stephen Weiss in free agency. He wants to play here and would come at $1M less, at least.

Do you have a quote exactly from Weiss on wanting to come here?

Mikeyg 06-03-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDZx (Post 66934583)
:leafs
1ST OVERALL PICK - 2013

:avs
Dion Phaneuf, 1st Round Pick - 2013, JVR

:D

mise well take frattin too, thats the going rate these days

LEAFANFORLIFE23 06-03-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper99 (Post 66937037)
Do you have a quote exactly from Weiss on wanting to come here?

there was a report at the 2011 trade deadline that he'd only Waive his no trade for Toronto

Vancouver Canucks* 06-03-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson (Post 66930939)
Kassian + 2014 1st

Yeah

add 6.5 to our team to make the cap floor :sarcasm::naughty:

EucaLEAFtys 06-03-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 (Post 66933501)
Bad move man :) Leafs fans are gonna blast you, even if he could/will possibly be traded. Trust me, I learned the hard way;) Good luck

I didn't blast you for your Kessel thread and I'm not going to blast the OP of this thread either because I happen to believe that it's time for Phaneuf to go play elsewhere. :)

Yes, the Leafs need to greatly improve their defence core, but is keeping Phaneuf and trying to find him a suitable partner really the answer? Given the Leafs' inability (since Phaneuf became a Leaf) to find him a suitable partner (having looked both from without and within), it's time that people realized that maybe - just maybe - Dion himself could be the problem, instead of the many defensive partners he's had over the past four or so seasons.

If he is indeed the proverbial "problem-child who just can't mesh with anyone" (and I do believe this is the case), then that's a perfectly valid reason for the Leafs to trade him, regardless of how he might otherwise contribute to the team's overall level of success. The Leafs just can't continue playing "musical defencemen" at this stage of the game. Catering to one player's desires / needs,regardless of whom it is, is ultimately detrimental to the entire team and it needs to stop one way or the other.

Personally, I do believe Phaneuf should be traded and the sooner he leaves, the better off the team will be. With one year left on his contract and an overall game which really isn't getting any better, now's the time to move him for assets that can actually help the Leafs improve in the coming years.

As for Phaneuf's trade value, I'd like to think that he's worth a 2013 1st rounder and a a high-end prospect, but I seriously doubt he'd return that , (given his current contract status and the lowered cap for next season).

The Podium 06-03-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys (Post 66939279)
I didn't blast you for your Kessel thread and I'm not going to blast the OP of this thread either because I happen to believe that it's time for Phaneuf to go play elsewhere. :)

Yes, the Leafs need to greatly improve their defence core, but is keeping Phaneuf and trying to find him a suitable partner really the answer? Given the Leafs' inability (since Phaneuf became a Leaf) to find him a suitable partner (having looked both from without and within), it's time that people realized that maybe - just maybe - Dion himself could be the problem, instead of the many defensive partners he's had over the past four or so seasons.

If he is indeed the proverbial "problem-child who just can't mesh with anyone" (and I do believe this is the case), then that's a perfectly valid reason for the Leafs to trade him, regardless of how he might otherwise contribute to the team's overall level of success. The Leafs just can't continue playing "musical defencemen" at this stage of the game. Catering to one player's desires / needs,regardless of whom it is, is ultimately detrimental to the entire team and it needs to stop one way or the other.

Personally, I do believe Phaneuf should be traded and the sooner he leaves, the better off the team will be. With one year left on his contract and an overall game which really isn't getting any better, now's the time to move him for assets that can actually help the Leafs improve in the coming years.

As for Phaneuf's trade value, I'd like to think that he's worth a 2013 1st rounder and a a high-end prospect, but I seriously doubt he'd return that , (given his current contract status and the lowered cap for next season).

Your seriously gonna spew this ********:laugh: who was the revolving door of D? By my recollection it was Beauchemin (who he played quiet well with), Gunnarsson (who has been suitable), struggling Schenn, and minor league Kostka, Aulie, Komisarek. Not quiet the star cast of partners

BackhandToeyJoey 06-03-2013 06:31 AM

We've talked about him already. This thread is pretty much useless.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 06-03-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys (Post 66939279)
I didn't blast you for your Kessel thread and I'm not going to blast the OP of this thread either because I happen to believe that it's time for Phaneuf to go play elsewhere. :)

Yes, the Leafs need to greatly improve their defence core, but is keeping Phaneuf and trying to find him a suitable partner really the answer? Given the Leafs' inability (since Phaneuf became a Leaf) to find him a suitable partner (having looked both from without and within), it's time that people realized that maybe - just maybe - Dion himself could be the problem, instead of the many defensive partners he's had over the past four or so seasons.

If he is indeed the proverbial "problem-child who just can't mesh with anyone" (and I do believe this is the case), then that's a perfectly valid reason for the Leafs to trade him, regardless of how he might otherwise contribute to the team's overall level of success. The Leafs just can't continue playing "musical defencemen" at this stage of the game. Catering to one player's desires / needs,regardless of whom it is, is ultimately detrimental to the entire team and it needs to stop one way or the other.

Personally, I do believe Phaneuf should be traded and the sooner he leaves, the better off the team will be. With one year left on his contract and an overall game which really isn't getting any better, now's the time to move him for assets that can actually help the Leafs improve in the coming years.

As for Phaneuf's trade value, I'd like to think that he's worth a 2013 1st rounder and a a high-end prospect, but I seriously doubt he'd return that , (given his current contract status and the lowered cap for next season).


Yes HE is the problem lets ignore the GARBAGE that he's had with the likes of Kostka, Holzer, Komi etc he's played with.

I don't care who it is be it Phaneuf, Chara, Weber, PK, EK, Letang you name the guy, don't care who it is, you put them with the ******** that Phaneuf, has had for partners they WILL suffer.

Because NOBODY absolutely ****ing NOBODY is good enough to make Holzer, Komi Kostka,etc look good, the man that can do that does not exist.

roboninja 06-03-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 (Post 66940325)
Yes HE is the problem lets ignore the GARBAGE that he's had with the likes of Kostka, Holzer, Komi etc he's played with.

I don't care who it is be it Phaneuf, Chara, Weber, PK, EK, Letang you name the guy, don't care who it is, you put them with the ******** that Phaneuf, has had for partners they WILL suffer.

Because NOBODY absolutely ****ing NOBODY is good enough to make Holzer, Komi Kostka,etc look good, the man that can do that does not exist.

You say all of that, but all I see when I watch the Leafs (which is a lot as a Canadian) is Dion out there making mistake after mistake. If you keep changing partners with no improvement, you have to start considering the common factor as being the problem.

egd27 06-03-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 (Post 66933311)
I'd rather spend 6.5m elsewhere.

Where?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.