HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Pierre Groulx's contract will not be renewed (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1440693)

PyrettaBlaze* 06-03-2013 02:22 PM

Pierre Groulx's contract will not be renewed
 
@LouisJean_TVA:
Source says the #Canadiens have fired their goalie coach Pierre Groulx.

@CanadiensMTL:
Marc Bergevin announced that the organization will not renew the contract of goaltending coach Pierre Groulx.

Draft 06-03-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze (Post 66952225)
LouisJean_TVA: Source says the #Canadiens have fired their goalie coach Pierre Groulx.

Solid move. Price making wholesale changes to his style every year wasn't good for him. Not entirely his fault but let's hope we see positive results.

Fel 96 06-03-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Pierre Groulx will no longer be the goalie coach for the Canadiens. Team decided to renew his contract. Team had option on next season.#RDS
http://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/stat...36159815954433

So, it's a contract thing or he has been indeed fired?

EDIT:
Quote:

Marc Bergevin announced that the organization will not renew the contract of goaltending coach Pierre Groulx.
http://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/stat...36684519178241

Hannibal 06-03-2013 02:25 PM

I thought he was doing fine....

EmelinHipCheck 06-03-2013 02:27 PM

Actually Francois Allaire mentioned a fee weeks ago that Price's problems were due to coaching

Le depisteur 06-03-2013 02:28 PM

Edit title: not "fired" but "contract not renewed"...

poetryinmotion 06-03-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmelinHipCheck (Post 66952389)
Actually Francois Allaire mentioned a fee weeks ago that Price's problems were due to coaching

I believe in Price as a goaltender - heck, a franchise caliber goaltender even.

It's not normal for his numbers to fluctuate so much year after year, people need to stop messing with his head. Go back to what made him a top 5 pick in the Crosby draft and stick with it.

Side question: how much influence does a goalie coach have on a goaltender?

holyhabs87 06-03-2013 02:30 PM

Why is it so hard for Price to just play the way, style he played that got him here? Wasn't Groulx the goalie coach 2 years ago when Price had his best season? Why did he look so different last year? I don't understand why this is so complicated. At this rate Price's goalie coach changes as often as he changes his pads. Or maybe its the norm around the league.

Muminek 06-03-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmelinHipCheck (Post 66952389)
Actually Francois Allaire mentioned a fee weeks ago that Price's problems were due to coaching

Could it be...

Habs 4 Life 06-03-2013 02:35 PM

Good job :handclap:

WeThreeKings 06-03-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muminek (Post 66952571)
Could it be...

Hope not.. Allaire advocates a blocking style. He will have Price just dropping into every shooting lane and completely stagnating his athleticism.

Groulx was not the answer. All you have to do is see how Price got beat from below the goal-line every play because of the stupid Crab Style and you see a goaltending coach that severely lacks understanding of the position and the working of the human body.

Price needs a coach that gets him to be more aggressive in his net, he's so big and his lateral movement is so good, there is no reason to not have him challenging shooters because he has the ability to get back to his posts if a shot is missed or there is a pass for the down low play. He also needs a coach that supports him playing his hybrid style, standing Price glove saves used to be a game occurence, now they are history. Price would also benefit from a coach that teaches a style similar to Quick, Price should be getting low and using his height to his advantage to cut the trajectory of the puck, rather than what Groulx had him do, which was stay completely upright in the upper body and allow for high rising shots to beat Price.

holyhabs87 06-03-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muminek (Post 66952571)
Could it be...

@MAGodin 20s

On me pose des questions sur François Allaire. Son nom est lié à l'Avalanche de ce temps-ci, mais peut-être que la donne a changé..

translation - "his name is linked to the avs right now but you never know..."

Kriss E 06-03-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holyhabs87 (Post 66952499)
Why is it so hard for Price to just play the way, style he played that got him here? Wasn't Groulx the goalie coach 2 years ago when Price had his best season? Why did he look so different last year? I don't understand why this is so complicated. At this rate Price's goalie coach changes as often as he changes his pads. Or maybe its the norm around the league.

Your coach will tell you how to play. He'll tell you to stop doing certain things and do what he believes you should be doing in order to improve. You listen to your coach.

But yes, they do have to stop changing coaches though. Find the right one.

Analyzer 06-03-2013 02:38 PM

In 24CH he was told to go pull Price and they had to tell him to go do it now. He didn't seem very confident.

Hopefully we get a solid goaltending coach.

Ice Poutine 06-03-2013 02:38 PM

How can a team have "No Excuse" as a motto but fire a goalie coach because of Price's poor performance in goals.. isnt that firing an excuse?

poetryinmotion 06-03-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Poutine (Post 66952793)
How can a team have "No Excuse" as a motto but fire a goalie coach because of Price's poor performance in goals.. isnt that firing an excuse?

Really? If someone isn't doing their job you fire their ass. That's exactly what no excuses stands for.

Kriss E 06-03-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 66952735)
Hope not.. Allaire advocates a blocking style. He will have Price just dropping into every shooting lane and completely stagnating his athleticism.

Groulx was not the answer. All you have to do is see how Price got beat from below the goal-line every play because of the stupid Crab Style and you see a goaltending coach that severely lacks understanding of the position and the working of the human body.

Price needs a coach that gets him to be more aggressive in his net, he's so big and his lateral movement is so good, there is no reason to not have him challenging shooters because he has the ability to get back to his posts if a shot is missed or there is a pass for the down low play. He also needs a coach that supports him playing his hybrid style, standing Price glove saves used to be a game occurence, now they are history. Price would also benefit from a coach that teaches a style similar to Quick, Price should be getting low and using his height to his advantage to cut the trajectory of the puck, rather than what Groulx had him do, which was stay completely upright in the upper body and allow for high rising shots to beat Price.

I think you nailed it with Quick. I see both those guys play the same style.

shutehinside 06-03-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Poutine (Post 66952793)
How can a team have "No Excuse" as a motto but fire a goalie coach because of Price's poor performance in goals.. isnt that firing an excuse?

Are you serious?

Anyways, glad to see him go. Price has some glaring problems now (5 hole! and over commiting) and a new perspective for his style would be welcome.

Not Allaire as Price isn't a butterfly goalie, despite attepts to make him one. He needs a coach that's more of a hybrid style that play's to Price's strengths.

YMCMBeaulieu 06-03-2013 02:41 PM

Wonder if they promote Vincent Riendeau from Hamilton or find someone externally.

Le depisteur 06-03-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Poutine (Post 66952793)
How can a team have "No Excuse" as a motto but fire a goalie coach because of Price's poor performance in goals.. isnt that firing an excuse?

Bergevin never said that... we don't know the reason. His contract expired, maybe he will grab a better coach. "No excuses" doesn't mean "no improvement".

Analyzer 06-03-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Chainz (Post 66952895)
Wonder if they promote Vincent Riendeau from Hamilton or find someone externally.

I never understood this.

How can a goalie who sucked teach someone to be better ?

Andy 06-03-2013 02:46 PM

Hire Olaf Kolzig who worked with Price in his junior days.

Habs 4 Life 06-03-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 66953025)
I never understood this.

How can a goalie who sucked teach someone to be better ?

Tells him not to do the things he did in the past :dunno:

Le depisteur 06-03-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 66953025)
I never understood this.

How can a goalie who sucked teach someone to be better ?

How can a coach who has never played hockey can coach in NHL? :dunno:

Ezpz 06-03-2013 02:50 PM

Olaf please.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.