HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Can not find the right stick (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1441387)

Chanbing96 06-04-2013 05:30 PM

Can not find the right stick

I have been playing with a warrior kopitar curve but hate it just doesn't feel right for me...I really like the iginla curve for Easton but every Easton I've ever had breaks fast or feels like a brick in my hands should I just get over it and get the Easton or what? Any advice?

SydNap 06-04-2013 06:01 PM

The Iginla is very similar to curves made by every other manufacturer. It's very similar to Bauer's p88 and a bunch of others...

thevil 06-04-2013 07:50 PM

The CCM Lecavalier is the same curve as the Iginla, and I personally have had a great experience with CCM's, I almost always use one.

ShootsWide 06-05-2013 09:23 AM

Have you thought about going with a 2 piece?

CornKicker 06-05-2013 10:40 AM

get a custiom stick

Jarick 06-05-2013 11:18 AM

I can sympathize, I get picky about sticks and then nothing feels right.

Is it the curve? Or how the stick flexes? Too stiff or whippy?

El Cohiba 06-05-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanbing96 (Post 67013783)
I have been playing with a warrior kopitar curve but hate it just doesn't feel right for me...I really like the iginla curve for Easton but every Easton I've ever had breaks fast or feels like a brick in my hands should I just get over it and get the Easton or what? Any advice?

When I played I used to use the Iginla curve but like you I've always had bad luck with Easton sticks breaking. I switched over to Warrior and the Fedorov (Zetterberg now?) curve and it's quite similiar

sanityplease 06-05-2013 01:52 PM

I've found that Easton sticks in general feel great compared to the competition @ each price point.

Anything from M3 or 65s & up handle pretty well. Even the 55s on sale around here for $39 is fine for pick-up or a back-up.

IMHO of course.

Chanbing96 06-05-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 67046331)
I can sympathize, I get picky about sticks and then nothing feels right.

Is it the curve? Or how the stick flexes? Too stiff or whippy?

Idk I like the curve and thought about going with a higher flex just the Easton stick feel weird in my hands I might just have to give it some time and get used to it

Chanbing96 06-05-2013 05:50 PM

And every Easton I've had(only 2) breaks within a month

Shanahanigans 06-05-2013 06:14 PM

Was always the same way until they came out with the Easton Mako ones last year..Hall curve with 85 Flex. Haven't used anything else since. Perfect height, weight, curve, lie, flex, and feel for me.

Splitbtw 06-05-2013 11:53 PM

This is why my stick collection has slowly grown. Haven't quite found that perfect stick, nor do I think I ever will.

As long as my finances allow for it here and there and pro stocks stay much cheaper, I'll continue to jump around trying new models, kick points, and blade patterns. Currently, experiencing a toe curve fascination.

wingfan 06-06-2013 08:53 AM

I'm a huge fan of the Iginla curve. I know someone above said Bauer's most similar curve would be the p88(Kane) but I'd say the pm9(Stamkos) is very similar as well. It has the same lie with a mid curve. I had always been an Easton stick guy and Iginla was my curve, but I decided to try the Nexus 1000 in Stamkos and I don't think I'll ever be able to buy an Easton stick again.

Splitbtw 06-06-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingfan (Post 67099639)
I'm a huge fan of the Iginla curve. I know someone above said Bauer's most similar curve would be the p88(Kane) but I'd say the pm9(Stamkos) is very similar as well. It has the same lie with a mid curve. I had always been an Easton stick guy and Iginla was my curve, but I decided to try the Nexus 1000 in Stamkos and I don't think I'll ever be able to buy an Easton stick again.

PM9 is a mid-heel and P88 will be the closest Bauer offers to the Iginla at mass retail. I think P12 is available custom which is basically the Iginla.

Jarick 06-06-2013 09:43 AM

Iginla is a short blade and small mid curve. P88 is a medium blade and medium mid curve. PM9 is a medium blade and small mid-heel curve. So I could see how it's not far from an Iginla but extended at the toe. Kind of. I'm not a fan of either.

What Easton sticks have you used?

Chanbing96 06-06-2013 10:20 AM

The RS 1 was the most recent then I think it was stealth 65 or whatever it's name was

Jisatsu 06-06-2013 12:07 PM

I've never had an easton stick break on me in under 4 months of 3x hockey a week. I think you got a dud in both cases. If it was under a month old, they should be under warranty. Even my Mako is holding up strong after 4 months of literal abuse.

Have you thought about Base sticks? I've considered making the switch, as I see lots of good reviews on them. Lots of options. Currently I'm using the RSII by easton and I'm really liking it.

When your sticks break, is it the blade, the hosel, or shaft? If it's the blades, I'd recommend a 2 piece. Best bang for the buck honestly, plus the ability to cheaply try out different blade patterns. Find a shaft that suits you, then work on the blade pattern that you like.

basilfawlty 06-06-2013 04:19 PM

If you like the Warrior stick except the curve, and you like the Iginla curve, perhaps you'd like Warrior's Kovalchuk curve.

bonnielad 06-06-2013 04:46 PM

Try BASE sticks. www.basehockey.ca. You pick your stick, your colors, etc.., your curve, and your lie - still cheaper than a top of the line major manufacturer. If you're lucky and live near by a fitting facility, then you can get properly fitted to take some guess work out of it.

AIREAYE 06-07-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splitbtw (Post 67090579)
This is why my stick collection has slowly grown. Haven't quite found that perfect stick, nor do I think I ever will.

As long as my finances allow for it here and there and pro stocks stay much cheaper, I'll continue to jump around trying new models, kick points, and blade patterns. Currently, experiencing a toe curve fascination.

all of this lol. though I haven't tried toe curves yet.