HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Speculation: Summer '13 Thread (All Proposals, Speculation, Blog Rumors in here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1441779)

Samkow 06-05-2013 11:01 AM

Summer '13 Thread (All Proposals, Speculation, Blog Rumors in here)

UFA day is a month away, so figured now was a good time to create the mega sticky.

Samkow 06-05-2013 11:04 AM

Looking over the UFAs...Yikes.

Looks like any significant improvement to the club is going to have to come through trades.

blahblah 06-05-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 67045783)

Looks like any significant improvement to the club is going to have to come through trades.

At this moment in time, maybe. There are still a couple of names I like. Having said that, things like look better after buyouts.

Double-Shift Lassť 06-05-2013 12:01 PM

Should rank right up there with some of my other favorite summers.

SuperGenius 06-05-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 67045783)

really, really, really want Clarkson.

Did I mention that before? Really want Clarkson.

Double-Shift Lassť 06-05-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGenius (Post 67048021)

Mayor Bee 06-05-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGenius (Post 67048021)

I said this to the wife. She didn't seem to appreciate it, with her slam-the-door line being "...and she looks like a troll!"

3 goals = chili 06-05-2013 04:07 PM

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents

Anybody want Ronny Hainsey back?, No?...nobody?

Sore Loser 06-05-2013 09:09 PM

Clarkson is a pipe dream ... really think he ends up in Toronto, as he's from that area and seems to have a desire to go there.

Skraut 06-06-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sore Loser (Post 67074465)
Clarkson is a pipe dream ... really think he ends up in Toronto, as he's from that area and seems to have a desire to go there.

Wow, the Leafs only have 12 players signed for next season. 7 RFA's. Gonna be a busy off-season for them.

Inglewood JMFJ 06-06-2013 08:37 AM

With all the Malkin speculation coming out and one guy on the mains stating multiple times now that Malkin will be a jacket. I keep trying to think if there is a deal to be made. Now be easy this is my first attempt at a trade proposal and i'm no good at these. Now i now pit wants defense so i was thinking along the lines of Tyutin, Umberger, and 2 1sts. Please be easy on me.

Fro 06-06-2013 08:48 AM

i joked on twitter about it this morning saying Nikitin and Umby are as far as I'd go...but yeah, we'd prob have to retain a bit of RJ's salary, but i could see that as some sort of work around...Pens fans wouldn't like it...but for a nearly unsigned Malkin, I'm not giving up a lot of assets needed...

Black Label 06-06-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inglewood JMFJ (Post 67099145)
With all the Malkin speculation coming out and one guy on the mains stating multiple times now that Malkin will be a jacket. I keep trying to think if there is a deal to be made. Now be easy this is my first attempt at a trade proposal and i'm no good at these. Now i now pit wants defense so i was thinking along the lines of Tyutin, Umberger, and 2 1sts. Please be easy on me.

I don't see how the Jackets can get Malkin without including at least one of Murray/JJ/Bob.

jacketman10 06-06-2013 08:53 AM

The price for Malkin is extreme, imo. Where did this come from? Credible at all?

Skraut 06-06-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fro (Post 67099463)
i joked on twitter about it this morning saying Nikitin and Umby are as far as I'd go...but yeah, we'd prob have to retain a bit of RJ's salary, but i could see that as some sort of work around...Pens fans wouldn't like it...but for a nearly unsigned Malkin, I'm not giving up a lot of assets needed...

Agreed, we already gave up quite a bit for 90 games of Gaborik. I have a hard time selling the farm for 82 from Malkin. Cap goes back up right as both would hit free agency, and going to be a lot of suitors for both of their services. Just have a hard time thinking either would be here in 2 years.

Inglewood JMFJ 06-06-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacketman10 (Post 67099629)
The price for Malkin is extreme, imo. Where did this come from? Credible at all?

Stating that he was going to be a jacket, no but Dregger tweeted about trade speculation

Samkow 06-06-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skraut (Post 67099785)
Agreed, we already gave up quite a bit for 90 games of Gaborik. I have a hard time selling the farm for 82 from Malkin. Cap goes back up right as both would hit free agency, and going to be a lot of suitors for both of their services. Just have a hard time thinking either would be here in 2 years.

I agree that getting both of them locked up in the same summer would be nearly impossible, but what makes you think Gaborik is a sure goner?

RDriesenUD 06-06-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inglewood JMFJ (Post 67099145)

IMO, not even close. You are giving them a lot of salary and not a lot of value.

RDriesenUD 06-06-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Label (Post 67099501)
I don't see how the Jackets can get Malkin without including at least one of Murray/JJ/Bob.

IMO, they would have to include 2 and/or they would have to add a lot of draft picks and Johansen.

I wouldn't trade for Malkin, because he would cost a TON, but I would love to have him on the Jackets.

Fro 06-06-2013 09:23 AM

we better watch it...we're headed to

http://brightoak.com/blog/wp-content...t-syndrome.jpg

territory

BoonesJenner 06-06-2013 09:50 AM

Johansen and 2 firsts for Malkin?

Done.

RDriesenUD 06-06-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 (Post 67101815)
Johansen and 2 firsts for Malkin?

Done.

IMO, you are going to have add a lot more to that offer to get Malkin.

Skraut 06-06-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 67100415)
I agree that getting both of them locked up in the same summer would be nearly impossible, but what makes you think Gaborik is a sure goner?

Just a gut feeling that we were his parachute out of New York, and and will be discarded once he gets the opportunity to get his feet back in a more desirable location.

Maybe I just have too many friends who live in Minnesota who are still bitter about his contract year there, but I just have a hard time expecting things to go smoothly.

BoonesJenner 06-06-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDriesenUD (Post 67101953)
IMO, you are going to have add a lot more to that offer to get Malkin.

Without a doubt, i was just stating what someone else did. But who/what do you add? That's a franchise cornerstone if I've ever seen one.

RDriesenUD 06-06-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 (Post 67102035)
Without a doubt, i was just stating what someone else did. But who/what do you add? That's a franchise cornerstone if I've ever seen one.

Like I said, I would love to have him on the Jackets, but I wouldn't trade for him. It would just take too much.