HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Anyone used "hockey community" to organize or attend skates? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1443603)

deems 06-08-2013 03:13 AM

Anyone used "hockey community" to organize or attend skates?

Hockey Community is a site actually....hockey-community.com I've been using an iphone app and sometimes get pop ups for invites to skate at shinny but have never attended. Curious if anyone is familiar.

hitmanjat 06-08-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deems (Post 67195107)
Hockey Community is a site actually....hockey-community.com I've been using an iphone app and sometimes get pop ups for invites to skate at shinny but have never attended. Curious if anyone is familiar.

Yes its a great resource, its huge in Vancouver right now (where it originated). Always places to play.

mbeam 06-08-2013 01:21 PM

Also in Vancouver here and it's been fantastic. Ended up getting into a regular weekly game because of it.

ryangib 06-10-2013 04:50 PM

Just downloaded the app. Looks pretty cool.

snizzbone 06-10-2013 05:06 PM

Very popular in Vancouver like others have said. Could end up being a world wide used app eventually. Lots of growth with it.

Wilch 06-10-2013 07:46 PM

Used it a ton back when I was in Vancouver.

Can always find drop-ins, pretty much on a daily basis.

Probably even a better tool for organizers, there are always spare goalies/skaters lurking on that site.

Not sure about its use outside of Vancouver, though.

wondeROY 06-11-2013 12:13 PM

I tried to use it, but didn't really see the point. Our local ice rink always posts its schedule on the website so you know when there is open skates. I'm not really sure I understand the point of that site?

doobie604 06-11-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondeROY (Post 67338511)
I tried to use it, but didn't really see the point. Our local ice rink always posts its schedule on the website so you know when there is open skates. I'm not really sure I understand the point of that site?

It's for people who rent rink times for pickup games, pickup schedule organized by the rink is usually limited to work hours. It's good tool for organizers as you get a proper count of how many people will show up, but the site and app use to have lots of bugs, not sure if it's cleared up.

wondeROY 06-11-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doobie604 (Post 67339073)
It's for people who rent rink times for pickup games, pickup schedule organized by the rink is usually limited to work hours. It's good tool for organizers as you get a proper count of how many people will show up, but the site and app use to have lots of bugs, not sure if it's cleared up.

Ah I see, yea we never have that luxury here, the ice is ALWAYS booked here. We only have 2 sheets and they're always occupied for something.