HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Speculation: 2013-2014 Roster Discussion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1444167)

TwoForRoughing 06-09-2013 01:04 AM

2013-2014 Roster Discussion

Kings have a lot of questions heading into the off-season.

What happens to Scuds? Does he walk, does Dean want him back? What about Penner? Richardson?

Who does Dean target via FA, and what can he realistically get for Bernier? Who's the new back-up?

Which prospects make the team next year?

Discuss!

etherialone 06-09-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing (Post 67236917)
Kings have a lot of questions heading into the off-season.

What happens to Scuds? Does he walk, does Dean want him back? What about Penner? Richardson?

Who does Dean target via FA, and what can he realistically get for Bernier? Who's the new back-up?

Which prospects make the team next year?

Discuss!

Lots of this has been being discussed throughout other threads but it seems like a good idea to get it all under one inclusive one like this.

The Black1963 06-09-2013 01:07 AM

Too soon for this discussion imo. Too emotionally involved and attached to our boys.

agentfouser 06-09-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 67236959)
Lots of this has been being discussed throughout other threads but it seems like a good idea to get it all under one inclusive one like this.

Let me sum up one ongoing conversation so far:

"Regher sucks!"

"We had no choice but to sign him!"

ScoreZeGoals 06-09-2013 01:09 AM

That was probably the last Kings game for quite a few guys, Penner, Richardson, Martinez, and Bernier

agentfouser 06-09-2013 01:10 AM

Maybe the last game for Scuderi as well.

FrozenKing18 06-09-2013 01:10 AM

Bud Holloway lol

takk 06-09-2013 01:19 AM

Watch Isles throw Scuderi 4.25 per for 4 years.

etherialone 06-09-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentfouser (Post 67237065)
Let me sum up one ongoing conversation so far:

"Regher sucks!"

"We had no choice but to sign him!"

:laugh:

You left off all of the "he is a warrior" and "he is too slow" posts too. I fall in somewhere on this thing. I forget where though.....
:)

etherialone 06-09-2013 01:21 AM

In spite of my believing that we won't be seeing Buddy Hollyway with the Kings next season it is looking like it could actually be potentially possible. He could end up somewhere else in the NHL but it is possible he could be with the Kings according to his family. Nothing in stone but possible.

funky 06-09-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonellisghost (Post 67237459)
:laugh:

You left off all of the "he is a warrior" and "he is too slow" posts too. I fall in somewhere on this thing. I forget where though.....
:)

ha ha, I am with ya. I like the guy, not the contract

ScoreZeGoals 06-09-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takk (Post 67237445)
Watch Isles throw Scuderi 4.25 per for 4 years.

They can have him at that price and years

bmr 06-09-2013 01:23 AM

I'd like to see Holloway here for a year to see what he can do. The dude can play LW too...

agentfouser 06-09-2013 01:25 AM

One positive is the emergence of Jake Muzzin as a viable NHL defenseman. He struggled mightily during the St. Louis series, but he got better as the playoffs went along. That kid learned and grew a lot this year. I think we'll see him hold a position in the lineup all year--but then again, we all thought that about Martinez last year.

Nose of Sutter 06-09-2013 01:28 AM

I hope we can find a way to re-sign Scuds, but Voynov will be the No.1 priority obviously. I love Penner, he is a great guy and has come up big in the playoffs for us the past two years but I don't see us having the money to re-sign him unless he takes a pay cut, and he could probably still get 3 mil from some team. I see Martinez and Bernier being packaged somewhere at the Draft.

Hopefully Holloway and Lombardi didn't burn too many bridges, I'd like to see what he can do next year.

KingsFirstCup 06-09-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agentfouser (Post 67237649)
One positive is the emergence of Jake Muzzin as a viable NHL defenseman. He struggled mightily during the St. Louis series, but he got better as the playoffs went along. That kid learned and grew a lot this year. I think we'll see him hold a position in the lineup all year--but then again, we all thought that about Martinez last year.

I disagree totally. I thought Muzzin got worse as the playoffs went on and never hit the net or else shot it into someones pads. He will be good one day but he was easily our worst defenseman in these playoffs

Ron 06-09-2013 01:42 AM

Its too bad some mod deleted all those responses to that errant Shark fan, we were eating him up pretty good! :laugh:

Probably should have kept them. :)

agentfouser 06-09-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsFirstCup (Post 67238037)
I disagree totally. I thought Muzzin got worse as the playoffs went on and never hit the net or else shot it into someones pads. He will be good one day but he was easily our worst defenseman in these playoffs

His ability to move the puck under pressure increased exponentially. St. Louis saw him as a weak point to exploit on the forecheck, and by the Chicago series that was not the case. For a defenseman in today's NHL, being able to move the puck under pressure is job one.

cneil99 06-09-2013 01:45 AM

Was that Penners last game as a king?

ScoreZeGoals 06-09-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cneil99 (Post 67238225)
Was that Penners last game as a king?

Very likely

losingsand 06-09-2013 01:52 AM

Wild stab prediction:

Brown Kopitar Williams
Richards Carter Toffoli
King Stoll Lewis
Clifford Andreoff Nolan
ex: pearson.

Doughty Regehr
Voynov Muzzin
Greene Martinez

Quick
Greiss

Reclamation Project 06-09-2013 01:55 AM

We HAVE to lock up Scuderi and Voynov.

DryIslandBartender 06-09-2013 01:57 AM

Interested to see how Dean Lombardi reloads this team, guys will need to go via trade, and not renewing contracts.

Penner, Bernier, Scuderi are all definitely gone. We can't match another teams ridicules offer to Scuderi. He logged in an insane amount of ice time tonight and is a key component to our D corps. Someone will offer a nice contract, unless he wants to stay in LA and raise his family here.

Penner was a beast in the playoffs, but we need someone to be a beast for us every game. I don't think Dean is even interested in bringing him back at a reduced price and role.

As for Bernier, I think its dependent on what the market is for goalies this summer. Dean is pretty set on the price for him, and I think he will get it.

I wouldn't expect a lot of moves this offseason, as it would be uncharacteristic of Dean to do so. It seems that Dean is now focusing more on the drafts and restocking the pipeline with talent. We got another wave coming up through the ranks and we'll need to find the next wave to keep this franchise successful for another decade or so.

agentfouser 06-09-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy (Post 67238513)
...We got another wave coming up through the ranks and we'll need to find the next wave to keep this franchise successful for another decade or so.

I think this is the key. With the cap situation as it is, I think the changes for the Kings will have to come from within. If Lombardi has been able to assemble another wave of impact players, then we will continue to be contenders.

Vamos Rafa 06-09-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reclamation Project (Post 67238463)
We HAVE to lock up Scuderi and Voynov.

Should we even worry about Voynov's situation?