HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   CBC Hot Stove: Teams Inquiring about Mark Streit's UFA rights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1444317)

periferal 06-09-2013 09:35 AM

Teams Inquiring about Mark Streit's UFA rights

What could the Islanders get for Streit's UFA rights considering he's. UFA in a very flat marking this offseason?

MOD EDIT: I'm hijacking periferal's thread (I hope he doesn't mind) to include some extra details.

Last night on the CBC Hot Stove, Elliotte Friedman said that with the trading of Gonchar's rights and the Isles telling the media they will not be signing Streit, he expects that teams have already come contacting or will begin contacting the Isles about acquiring Streit's rights and see if the Isles have any interest.

dats81 06-09-2013 09:42 AM

Most likely a conditional pick.

Depends on who is actually in the hunt. Could turn out anything between round 3 and 7. I don't see any GM giving up a first or second rounder in a draft as deep as the upcoming one.

PWJunior 06-09-2013 09:47 AM

A 4th rounder seems to fair, in line with the Ehrhoff trade.

CREW99AW 06-09-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dats81 (Post 67244367)
Most likely a conditional pick.

Depends on who is actually in the hunt. Could turn out anything between round 3 and 7. I don't see any GM giving up a first or second rounder in a draft as deep as the upcoming one.

Hotstove is reporting that after the Gonchar trade, teams have started calling Snow, asking if he will be trading Streit's rights. They want to talk to Streit before completing a trade.

Riseonfire 06-09-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 67244929)
Hotstove is reporting that after the Gonchar trade, teams have started calling Snow, asking if he will be trading Streit's rights. They want to talk to Streit before completing a trade.

Was thinking a 4th in the beginning, now I wonder if Snow can play a few teams against each other. A 3rd would be awesome, a 2nd somehow would be highway robbery.

A 4th and up is what I expect.

Qward 06-09-2013 10:26 AM

I expect more in line with a conditional 6th like Gonchar and Dallas.

Riseonfire 06-09-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 67245399)

I don't know, I think Dallas kind of jumped the gun here and it obviously worked out great for them.

There are no other PMD on the market thats at the level of Streit or Gonchar. Market size is literally 1.

Now other teams that were hoping to talk to these guys have only one option left, if they don't pony up and get his rights, they might never get a chance to talk to him.

Someone is gonna panic and give away AT LEAST a 4th rounder. Obviously my opinion, if you still think different that's fine.

CREW99AW 06-09-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riseonfire (Post 67245345)
Was thinking a 4th in the beginning, now I wonder if Snow can play a few teams against each other. A 3rd would be awesome, a 2nd somehow would be highway robbery.

A 4th and up is what I expect.

I was also thinking a 4th, based on what Snow paid to get Ehrhoff a couple of seasons ago. I'd be surprised, if anyone gave up anything higher.

candyman82 06-09-2013 11:25 AM

Conditional 5th

SI90 06-09-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 67245399)

Gonchar is 39 and was rumored to go to Russia(KHL)

Striet is 34 and will 100% be playing in NA...

I expect a 4th or 5th...

couture23 06-09-2013 11:38 AM

4th or 5th. I do believe his rights will be traded too.

Jray42 06-09-2013 11:49 AM

The Flyers start the bidding at a conditional 6th in 2014.

CREW99AW 06-09-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman82 (Post 67247039)
Conditional 5th

The press says teams are asking to speak to Streit's rep and from the reaction of the Hotstove crew, Snow's willing to let them.

No reason for a conditional pick trade. Either teams are going to meet Streit's demands or they won't. If they aren't, then it makes sense for Snow to hold onto Streit's rights, see what other team may come calling.

At the end of the segment.

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comme...oaching-scoops

Adam Spylo 06-09-2013 12:01 PM

Kaberle and a 4th rounder

CREW99AW 06-09-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Spylo (Post 67248337)
Kaberle and a 4th rounder

The 4th rounder would probably be enough. I doubt Snow has interest Kaberle. At this point, he has negative value.

Skead 06-09-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 67247113)

I expect a 4th or 5th...

Gonchar wanted to play in Dallas / has connections.
It depends on Striet and where he wants to play, if he said "X,Y,Z teams" Snow could contact those three and imagine get a later round pick 5~.

Brooklanders* 06-09-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riseonfire (Post 67245625)
I don't know, I think Dallas kind of jumped the gun here and it obviously worked out great for them.

There are no other PMD on the market thats at the level of Streit or Gonchar. Market size is literally 1.

Now other teams that were hoping to talk to these guys have only one option left, if they don't pony up and get his rights, they might never get a chance to talk to him.

Someone is gonna panic and give away AT LEAST a 4th rounder. Obviously my opinion, if you still think different that's fine.

No it's clear Streits rights will be dealt. I see a 4th because if that team can't agree on term they can trade his rights for a 5th. Thing is we all know Streit wants 5 million per for probably four years. Only a few teams have that space who fit his criteria.

Jray42 06-09-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS (Post 67248773)
No it's clear Streits rights will be dealt. I see a 4th because if that team can't agree on term they can trade his rights for a 5th. Thing is we all know Streit wants 5 million per for probably four years. Only a few teams have that space who fit his criteria.

Well have fun in Europe, Mark! :laugh:

Archangel 06-09-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by periferal (Post 67244215)
What could the Islanders get for Streit's UFA rights considering he's. UFA in a very flat marking this offseason?

5th or 6th round pick is the going rate. Anything more would be silly. IF it is true streit turned down a 3 year 15m contract-- wont even get a pick for him.

CREW99AW 06-09-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcrazycanuck (Post 67250445)
5th or 6th round pick is the going rate. Anything more would be silly. IF it is true streit turned down a 3 year 15m contract-- wont even get a pick for him.

Really?

There have been quite a few published reports of Streit rejecting Snow's 3 yr/$14m+ offer. That offer and the published comments from Streit and Snow came before the Gonchar to Dallas trade.

The press is report that after the Gonchar trade and extension, other teams have approached Snow, asking to speak to Streit's reps. Don't you think those gms have an idea of what Streit has already rejected, that they know they will have to offer more?

Qward 06-09-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riseonfire (Post 67245625)

I disagree.

The fact that he is the only 1 left that fits means he is more likely to test the waters with all teams, not just the one that got his rights.

CREW99AW 06-09-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jray42 (Post 67250113)
Well have fun in Europe, Mark! :laugh:

If 39 yr old Gonchar can get a 2 yr/$10m deal, I think some gm gets silly and overpays 35 yr old Streit, on both salary and term.

Riseonfire 06-09-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 67250711)
I disagree.

The fact that he is the only 1 left that fits means he is more likely to test the waters with all teams, not just the one that got his rights.

Well that makes sense from Streit's POV. The point here is that he is not a UFA yet, and a lot of teams would like to inquire about his services.

He has no say on if his rights get dealt or not. Nor does he have to sign with that team. What I mean to say is that until he is a UFA, many teams are going to try to get his rights which could result in a possible bidding war. Only when he officially becomes a UFA can Streit test the waters with all teams as you said.

wubwubwubwub 06-09-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 67247113)

I expect a 4th or 5th...

Gonchar also specifically sought out a deal with Dallas.

Roof Daddy 06-09-2013 02:28 PM

The deal he rejected from the Isles suggests he's looking for the biggest payday and nothing more. I don't think the team trading for his rights will get him under contract before UFA begins. But if a team wants to give away a 4th-6th rder then fine by me, just please don't be the Oilers.