HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal ? Columbus and??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=144449)

Path Of The Beserker 05-27-2005 06:07 AM

Proposal ? Columbus and???

What kind of center + extras could columbus pick up if they were to offer a deal of say
Andrew Cassels
Dan Frische or klesla
+ possibly a pick ?

would they even deal any of these guys? just curious.. would be nice to see what a decent centre could do between zherdev and nash
I know the easy thing to say is go and sign a ufa center, but not everyone is going to win and get to pick up the best ufa's possible so...any thoughts

kimzey59 05-27-2005 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heatley wanted
What kind of center + extras could columbus pick up if they were to offer a deal of say
Andrew Cassels
Dan Frische or klesla
+ possibly a pick ?

would they even deal any of these guys? just curious.. would be nice to see what a decent centre could do between zherdev and nash
I know the easy thing to say is go and sign a ufa center, but not everyone is going to win and get to pick up the best ufa's possible so...any thoughts

We'll give you Doug Weight for that package(Cassels, Frische, 3rd).

PJ Wiggum 05-27-2005 01:15 PM

Quote:

Andrew Cassels
Dan Frische or klesla
+ possibly a pick ?

I don't know about Cassels but I would be willing to give up Ribeiro and maybe something extra for Klesla and Fritsche. I think this would work for both teams since the Habs could use an NHL calibur D-man to play with Rivet/Brisebois and Fritsche will eventually replace Ribeiro, and for Columbus they get an up and coming centre who is pretty cheap and can only get better (he got Dagenais 17 goals right).

DougKnowsBest 05-27-2005 02:01 PM

Fritsche is almost un-touchable. He's a home town kinda guy. Plus it seems his brother who plays for ohio state has been rumored to be a player of interest for the cbj, plus Danny was a draft day steal that managment is very proud of. So I wouldnt hold your breath for Fritsche to be traded.

Klesla mabey. But Doug Maclean has said over and over that he has seen to many young highly drafted DMEN givin up on only to become a top defensman for the team they are traded to. Jovanowski is the poster child for his argument.

As far as Cassels go you can have him.

Clash* 05-27-2005 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougKnowsBest
Jovanowski is the poster child for his argument.

Who do you think Jovo's coach was his first two seasons?

Blane Youngblood 05-27-2005 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougKnowsBest
Fritsche is almost un-touchable. He's a home town kinda guy. Plus it seems his brother who plays for ohio state has been rumored to be a player of interest for the cbj, plus Danny was a draft day steal that managment is very proud of. So I wouldnt hold your breath for Fritsche to be traded.

Klesla mabey. But Doug Maclean has said over and over that he has seen to many young highly drafted DMEN givin up on only to become a top defensman for the team they are traded to. Jovanowski is the poster child for his argument.

Wasn't Jovo already a very good defenseman for Florida? If I remember correctly he and Vanbiesbrock was their star when they went to the finals.

GKJ 05-27-2005 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimzey59
We'll give you Doug Weight for that package(Cassels, Frische, 3rd).

One the most overpaid and lowest market value players in the league, the Blues would be luck just to get someone to take him.

sensens 05-27-2005 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jin
Wasn't Jovo already a very good defenseman for Florida? If I remember correctly he and Vanbiesbrock was their star when they went to the finals.

I'm not sure you could say he was a star, but trading him as the centrepiece return of the Pavel Bure deal doesn't exactly constitute "giving up" on him. It's kind of like suggesting that Hartford gave up on Pronger when they traded to get Brendan Shanahan.

sensens 05-27-2005 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
One the most overpaid and lowest market value players in the league, the Blues would be luck just to get someone to take him.

Yes, I was going to say that Cassels and a 3rd alone would be pretty decent return for a player of Weight's age and mammoth contract.

Path Of The Beserker 05-27-2005 08:18 PM

well i think if clumbus was offered that(3rd and cassels for weight) they should take it just for the sake of seeing how the two kids would do with a decent c.

quat 05-27-2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

well i think if clumbus was offered that(3rd and cassels for weight) they should take it just for the sake of seeing how the two kids would do with a decent c.

Are Weights' stats all that better than Cassels? Weight is certainly a lot tougher on his skates and way more in your face (one of the top guys imo, for hitting players after they score... that isn't a defenceman), but is he really much better at dishing off the puck?

Has Cassels even played with Nash? I thought he was pretty much always with Sanderson and some other player.

HockeyMan9 05-27-2005 09:36 PM

Quote:

I don't think we'll be seeing Nash and Zherdev playing together on a regular line for a few more years, both of them a defensive liabilities, Nash will be the 1st line LW and Nicky will be 2nd line RW or possibly LW.

That being said Columbus is very much in need of a true #1 center, but it would take quite a package for the CBJ to trade both Fritsche and Klesla together at this point, both have a ton of untapped upside, although there's a question about Danny's shoulders still.

I could see Cassels and possibly Wright being moved, Tyler's very popular, but i think there's other directions the franchise should go at this point, we have too many mediocre centers.

mercury 05-27-2005 11:48 PM

Package with Handzus and Klesla as the main parts? Or is Klesla untouchable short of a deal for an elite #1 center?

HockeyMan9 05-28-2005 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury
Package with Handzus and Klesla as the main parts? Or is Klesla untouchable short of a deal for an elite #1 center?

I'd say Klesla is pretty close to untouchable, not so much because he's that good, but we don't have any defensive prospects that have anywhere close to his upside. Aaron Johnson looks to be a solid 3/4 puck moving Dman, but next to Klesla that's the most promissing prospect we have.

Peter 05-28-2005 10:32 AM

Quote:

Andrew Cassels
Dan Frische or klesla
+ possibly a pick ?

From a Canuck standpoint I would trade Koltsov, Sopel and Chubarov for Klesla and a 3rd rounder.

I am not sure Koltsov wants to play for the Canucks and you have to give something (Sopel and Chubarov: both still in their prime and with low contracts) to get something (Klesla).

Klesla would be attractive to the Canucks, IMO, because he would fit nicely in as our #3 d-man plus I love his upside. I love the idea of getting a highly rated prospect who has done nothing spectacular yet because I know how long it does take for a d-man to really mature. It would be worth the gamble for me - plus clear up some salaries as well.

jacketracket* 05-28-2005 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quat
Has Cassels even played with Nash? I thought he was pretty much always with Sanderson and some other player.

Cassels centered Nash and Vyborny, as the CBJ's top line, for most of last season (when Cassels was healthy).

mercury 05-28-2005 10:51 AM

Can Vyborny play the left side?

DaveMatthew 05-28-2005 10:56 AM

I don't think Columbus should trade Fritsche and others for a center.

First off, the centers that will be available will not be much better than Cassels. Trust me, as an Ottawa fan, I know. After Yashin was traded and before Spezza was ready, we were trying to get a #1 center. And I have to tell you, they don't grow on trees. Teams won't trade a Lecavalier or Richards. They'll trade a guy like Weight. A guy with a large contract who isn't that much more effective than Cassels. Trading a prospect like Fritsche for him would be idiotic. However, no team would trade the young number 1 guy you need for Fritsche and Cassels.

So my advice, stick with what you have. Maybe sign a UFA. If not, Crosby can play center so pray that you land him. The most effective method that will pay off in the end is drafting and developing your own top center.

jacketracket* 05-28-2005 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury
Can Vyborny play the left side?

I don't think so --- I'm pretty sure he hasn't during his time here, and I don't recall the possibility ever being mentioned (even as sorely as the CBJ have been pressed to mix and match).

OlliMackBjugStud 05-28-2005 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensens
I'm not sure you could say he was a star, but trading him as the centrepiece return of the Pavel Bure deal doesn't exactly constitute "giving up" on him. .

yes it does constitute giving up on him. why would you trade even a bottle of gatorade for one of the worst team cancers (bure) in the history of the NHL ?

i will give Pavel one credit, he is a damn good goal scorer. too bad he has to cherry pick every time he is on the ice. he is a negative on a team and not one team in his professional life has been a winner. not at least since he let it all goto his head after 1994.

its no coincedence that the Canucks got better when he was traded and that FLA sunk.

dr

mercury 05-28-2005 12:27 PM

Hmmmmm. . . We really need a top 6 LW, and I think Columbus could use a Zeus-type center.

Clash* 05-28-2005 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DR
yes it does constitute giving up on him. why would you trade even a bottle of gatorade for one of the worst team cancers (bure) in the history of the NHL ?

i will give Pavel one credit, he is a damn good goal scorer. too bad he has to cherry pick every time he is on the ice. he is a negative on a team and not one team in his professional life has been a winner. not at least since he let it all goto his head after 1994.

its no coincedence that the Canucks got better when he was traded and that FLA sunk.

dr

Florida didn't really give up on Jovo. It was more of a need to change the scenery. He was gettin the short end of the stick when the team started to stink, not because of the Bure deal, but because of the trades of the likes of Stu Barnes, Rhett Warrener, and the abandonment of Brian Skrudland and Beezer. Warrener and Jovo were traded because they liked to drink too much. while they were livin together here in Florida, the two could be found out drinkin about every nite they were in town. In the Bure deal, Van wanted either Jovo or Robbie Neidermayer. Murray had a love of Robbie and Jovo had the drinkin problem. That's how the deal went down.

Blane Youngblood 05-28-2005 01:51 PM

How about a Jovo for Klesla and a swap of firsts or Jovo and Cloutier for Klesla and Denis. If the Canucks are really gonna take a run at both Niedermayers, they better free up some budget room.

quat 05-28-2005 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacketracket
Cassels centered Nash and Vyborny, as the CBJ's top line, for most of last season (when Cassels was healthy).

Thanks.... guess I didn't pay enough attention to the lines when the Jackets played the Nucks... didn't see much more of CBJ outside of that.

PapaBear* 05-28-2005 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jin
How about a Jovo for Klesla and a swap of firsts or Jovo and Cloutier for Klesla and Denis. If the Canucks are really gonna take a run at both Niedermayers, they better free up some budget room.

are you serious? they want to sign both bros? :)