HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1444923)

PyrettaBlaze 06-10-2013 11:36 AM

Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality)

@RealKyper:
Confirmed word out of Montreal and NY is #Canadian P.K Subban will be announced during Cup final as the winner of #NHL 2013 Norris trophy.

KingHab 06-10-2013 11:38 AM

booooya kasha!

DogsFan* 06-10-2013 11:41 AM

This stinks of "Iginla to Boston". Lets just wait and see.. However Kypreos has a good source in Montreal so he may be right.

Dr Gonzo 06-10-2013 11:42 AM

Weird that a trophy win got leaked.

Andy 06-10-2013 11:43 AM

But, but, but Subban doesn't play enough on the Penalty Kill!

Habsawce 06-10-2013 11:43 AM

There is going to be a lot of hate in the General Forum over this one boys, and I for one am super excited about it!

That Habs Fan 06-10-2013 11:44 AM

Great news if true, and very well deserved.

I would say 'this should silence the haters', but I get the feeling it will only make them louder... :facepalm:

Andy 06-10-2013 11:44 AM

Also, Bergevin should never have been so stubborn on that bridge deal (his only blip imo so far). We could have had Subban signed at a discount. Short term gain for long term pain. His next contract will cost the Canadiens.

PK definitely deserved it. Happy Letang didn't win it, especially when you take into consideration his defensive game.

Harry Wong 06-10-2013 11:45 AM

First major trophy for a member of the Habs in long time.

Very well deserved imo. Lots of room for him to improve before he reaches his ceiling.

Chris Cutter 06-10-2013 11:45 AM

Oh man, he's gonna cost us a ******** of money next summer but congrats to PK if true. And a big **** you to all the haters out there.

Habsfan18 06-10-2013 11:45 AM

If true, I'm ridiculously happy for PK. Well deserved. :)

Still pissed that we didn't sign him long term when we had the chance, but I won't start this debate again. ;)

Price My Man Crush 06-10-2013 11:49 AM

I don't use this line often because I don't really like it, but man I do need to say it right now: HATERS GONNA HATE!

MonkeyBusiness 06-10-2013 11:49 AM

Terrific, he deserved it. Suter would have been my #2 choice.

hototogisu 06-10-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 67287233)
Also, Bergevin should never have been so stubborn on that bridge deal (his only blip imo so far). We could have had Subban signed at a discount. Short term gain for long term pain. His next contract will cost the Canadiens.

I still don't think Bergevin cares about paying Subban what he's worth. To me that was the whole point of the bridge contract - I'm sure Bergevin knows he could have caved and signed Subban to a discount for a longer term, but I don't think his goal is to nickel-and-dime his players. I think he's more than okay with saying, "we don't have a problem paying you what you're worth if you accomplish the goals we set out for you". Maybe it'll cause him cap headaches, but I think he values the good will and the culture it creates over a million or so bucks in cap space.

At least, that's what I believe his philosophy to be. Whether you agree with it or not is another thing entirely, but I think it's at least respectable (if maybe not practical from the point of view of the cap).

PyrettaBlaze 06-10-2013 11:49 AM

Don't go here if you want to rage.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1444925

Andy 06-10-2013 11:49 AM

Someone posted this on the main board

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crease (Post 67287261)
Historic accomplishment; first black man to win the Norris.

That's great stuff!

Claimed Off Waivers 06-10-2013 11:53 AM

I bet he'll be now be referred to as the "least deserving Norris winner of all time" :laugh:

Bloumeister 06-10-2013 11:56 AM

Apparently, the trophy will be engraved with:

* 48-game season

** winner only played 42 games (barely half a normal season)

*** won because Erik Karlsson was hurt in 2012-2013 (only played 17 games)

PK already has his acceptance speech prepared:

"I'd like to thank Matt Cooke. Here's your 100$, Cookie!"

(I believe :sarcasm: is not necessary, but just in case... :sarcasm:)

417 06-10-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 67287507)
I still don't think Bergevin cares about paying Subban what he's worth. To me that was the whole point of the bridge contract - I'm sure Bergevin knows he could have caved and signed Subban to a discount for a longer term, but I don't think his goal is to nickel-and-dime his players. I think he's more than okay with saying, "we don't have a problem paying you what you're worth if you accomplish the goals we set out for you". Maybe it'll cause him cap headaches, but I think he values the good will and the culture it creates over a million or so bucks in cap space.

At least, that's what I believe his philosophy to be. Whether you agree with it or not is another thing entirely, but I think it's at least respectable (if maybe not practical from the point of view of the cap).

I'm happy he has this attitude...who cares what he'll cost on his next contract. Management wanted him to earn his next lucrative contract, well he did and then some.

Time to ante up on their end...this should be the kind of cheque they sign with a smile on their face

Beaker 06-10-2013 11:56 AM

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...Colemanwtf.gif

So it leaked?... I don't know about this, I'm going to wait until it's official

Kenny Powders 06-10-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaker (Post 67287901)
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...Colemanwtf.gif

So it leaked?... I don't know about this, I'm going to wait until it's official

That gif is Hilarious ahahah

417 06-10-2013 12:02 PM

Too bad there's no awards ceremony...would of been hilarious to see a trophy award winner being booed during his acceptance speech lol

Dr Gonzo 06-10-2013 12:04 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMaepFJCcAAyES9.jpg:large

1993 06-10-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 67287233)

PK definitely deserved it. Happy Letang didn't win it, especially when you take into consideration his defensive game.

Using the bridge contract is not only smart but a must for any GM to properly manage a team. Look at Edmonton for proof of what overpaying for kids does to your ability to build a competitive team. The CBA was designed to keep a lid on salaries for younger players. If you don't use it then you are a fool. Now all of Edmontons younger players will want what Ebs and Hall received with their 2nd contract. RNH, Yaks And Schultz will want the 5 million per. What a mess. Hats off to MB for using his brain.

HabsProspectsExpert 06-10-2013 12:06 PM

I'm not happy with this because $$$