HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Comparing Habs prospects to NHLers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1445315)

Galchenyuk4habs 06-10-2013 10:23 PM

Comparing Habs prospects to NHLers
 
I'd like to make a fun thread comparing our current prospects to NHLer's
As the NHL draft is approaching, I'd like to have some fun with comparing our prospects with current NHL players, according to the game-style, size and potential. If you can't find a good comparison, but know a bigger, or smaller player who resembles them, feel free to do the comparison adding the side-note.

You can do any prospect you want, I personally have not watched all the habs prospects play, so it would be informative, to know what to expect from a player. Alex Galchenyuk and other youngsters could be included. You could do a rating out of /10 on the chances of your player reaching that potential.

My personal list:
Jarred Tinordi= Erik Johnson 8/10
Alex Galchenyuk= Jonathon Toews 8/10
Nathan Beaulieu= Mike Green 7.5/10
Sebastian Collberg= Daniel Alfredsson 7/10
Dalton Thrower= James Wisnewski 7.5/10
Louis Leblanc= Janik Hansen 6/10
Morgan Ellis= Johnny Boychuck 7/10
Danny Kristo= Danny Briere 7.5/10
Michael Bournival= Chris Kelly 8/10
Greg Pateryn= Chris Phillips 7/10
Gabriel Dumont= Brad Marchand 7/10
Darren Dietz= Johnny Boychuck (once again) 8/10
Brady Vail= lesser Sean Couturier 8/10

So that is my list, I obviously left out some players because I don't know them too much. Some comparison might be off, so apologize if that offends you, but, to summarize, it looks like the habs have a bright future ahead of them. Specially after this draft ;)

Teufelsdreck 06-10-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs (Post 67320907)
I'd like to make a fun thread comparing our current prospects to NHLer's
As the NHL draft is approaching, I'd like to have some fun with comparing our prospects with current NHL players, according to the game-style, size and potential. If you can't find a good comparison, but know a bigger, or smaller player who resembles them, feel free to do the comparison adding the side-note.

You can do any prospect you want, I personally have not watched all the habs prospects play, so it would be informative, to know what to expect from a player. Alex Galchenyuk and other youngsters could be included. You could do a rating out of /10 on the chances of your player reaching that potential.

My personal list:
Jarred Tinordi= Erik Johnson 8/10
Alex Galchenyuk= Jonathon Toews 8/10
Nathan Beaulieu= Mike Green 7.5/10
Sebastian Collberg= Daniel Alfredsson 7/10
Dalton Thrower= James Wisnewski 7.5/10
Louis Leblanc= Janik Hansen 6/10
Morgan Ellis= Johnny Boychuck 7/10
Danny Kristo= Danny Briere 7.5/10
Michael Bournival= Chris Kelly 8/10
Greg Pateryn= Chris Phillips 7/10
Gabriel Dumont= Brad Marchand 7/10
Darren Dietz= Johnny Boychuck (once again) 8/10
Brady Vail= lesser Sean Couturier 8/10

So that is my list, I obviously left out some players because I don't know them too much. Some comparison might be off, so apologize if that offends you, but, to summarize, it looks like the habs have a bright future ahead of them. Specially after this draft ;)

You're comparing these prospects to established NHL players, some of whom were first or second round picks. It doesn't offend me but I don't agree with a number of your comparisons. However, not I'm ruling out the possibility that I've underrated some of them. Let's see what kind of careers they have.

habs03 06-10-2013 10:51 PM

Nathan Beaulieu to me reminds me a lot of Jack Johnson., don't think he has the same offensive game as Green, and is more physical than him I think.

Also don't like the Tinordi and EJ comparison, I think Tinordi is more of a stay at home D-men, maybe Regehr, or Methot.

everything else seems good, I like the Thrower and Wiz comparison.

RyanBostonRedsox 06-11-2013 06:02 AM

He's not an nhler, but Brady Vail reminds me a lot of Boone Jenner in the STL organization. I think Vail will be one of those bottom 6 guys that teams need to have in order to go far in the playoffs.

ECWHSWI 06-11-2013 06:42 AM

I'd say...

Jarred Tinordi= Peter Popovic
Alex Galchenyuk= Alfie Turcotte
Nathan Beaulieu= Karl Dykhuis
Sebastian Collberg= Jose Charbonneau
Dalton Thrower= Patrick Traverse
Louis Leblanc= Paul DiPietro
Morgan Ellis= Marko Kiprusoff
Danny Kristo= Patric Kjellberg
Michael Bournival= Martin St. Amour
Greg Pateryn= Kevin Dahl
Gabriel Dumont= Steve Larouche
Darren Dietz= Alan Letang
Brady Vail= Sebastien Bordeleau

voila! :naughty:

Habs Icing 06-11-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECWHSWI (Post 67328407)
I'd say...

Jarred Tinordi= Peter Popovic
Alex Galchenyuk= Alfie Turcotte
Nathan Beaulieu= Karl Dykhuis
Sebastian Collberg= Jose Charbonneau
Dalton Thrower= Patrick Traverse
Louis Leblanc= Paul DiPietro
Morgan Ellis= Marko Kiprusoff
Danny Kristo= Patric Kjellberg
Michael Bournival= Martin St. Amour
Greg Pateryn= Kevin Dahl
Gabriel Dumont= Steve Larouche
Darren Dietz= Alan Letang
Brady Vail= Sebastien Bordeleau

voila! :naughty:

I think you're just a blind fan who is seriously overrating our prospects.

Zam Boni 06-11-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECWHSWI (Post 67328407)
I'd say...

Jarred Tinordi= Peter Popovic
Alex Galchenyuk= Alfie Turcotte
Nathan Beaulieu= Karl Dykhuis
Sebastian Collberg= Jose Charbonneau
Dalton Thrower= Patrick Traverse
Louis Leblanc= Paul DiPietro
Morgan Ellis= Marko Kiprusoff
Danny Kristo= Patric Kjellberg
Michael Bournival= Martin St. Amour
Greg Pateryn= Kevin Dahl
Gabriel Dumont= Steve Larouche
Darren Dietz= Alan Letang
Brady Vail= Sebastien Bordeleau

voila! :naughty:

If 2 or 3 of your predictions pan out like that, this is a lucky team!

Mr. Hab 06-11-2013 04:07 PM

Hoping for this:

Galchenyuk: mix of M.Hossa and Toews.

Gallagher: a mix of Theo Fleury with the energy of any awesome/brave, hard-working 3rd-4th line spark-plug.

J.Tinordi: Derian Hatcher and poor man C.Pronger...might end up being a meaner/tougher Hal Gill.

D.Thrower: Odelein and Wizniewski.

L.Leblanc: poor man version of Patrice Bergeron or better (and/or 3rd line version of him or better since Leblanc also has some offensive upside...has good/smart hockey sense).

Dr Gonzo 06-11-2013 04:10 PM

I'd say this is a fun exercise, but an exercise in futility. I don't remember many NHL'er comparisons that ever came true.

Pierre Dagenais 06-11-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanBostonRedsox (Post 67328043)
He's not an nhler, but Brady Vail reminds me a lot of Boone Jenner in the STL organization. I think Vail will be one of those bottom 6 guys that teams need to have in order to go far in the playoffs.

Boone Jenner is in the Columbus organization.

Jarred Tinordi= ???
Alex Galchenyuk= Spezza
Nathan Beaulieu= Brisebois
Sebastian Collberg= ???
Dalton Thrower= Bieksa
Louis Leblanc= Right-handed Dupuis
Morgan Ellis= Gorges
Danny Kristo= ???
Michael Bournival= ???
Greg Pateryn= Sopel?
Gabriel Dumont= Smaller Lapierre
Darren Dietz= ???
Brady Vail= ???

Jee 06-11-2013 04:17 PM

Alexander Avtsin = Alex Ovechkin

easy.

Ghetto Sangria 06-11-2013 05:01 PM

Kristo = Hagelin

Monctonscout 06-11-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs (Post 67320907)
I'd like to make a fun thread comparing our current prospects to NHLer's
As the NHL draft is approaching, I'd like to have some fun with comparing our prospects with current NHL players, according to the game-style, size and potential. If you can't find a good comparison, but know a bigger, or smaller player who resembles them, feel free to do the comparison adding the side-note.

You can do any prospect you want, I personally have not watched all the habs prospects play, so it would be informative, to know what to expect from a player. Alex Galchenyuk and other youngsters could be included. You could do a rating out of /10 on the chances of your player reaching that potential.

My personal list:
Jarred Tinordi= Erik Johnson 8/10
Alex Galchenyuk= Jonathon Toews 8/10
Nathan Beaulieu= Mike Green 7.5/10
Sebastian Collberg= Daniel Alfredsson 7/10
Dalton Thrower= James Wisnewski 7.5/10
Louis Leblanc= Janik Hansen 6/10
Morgan Ellis= Johnny Boychuck 7/10
Danny Kristo= Danny Briere 7.5/10
Michael Bournival= Chris Kelly 8/10
Greg Pateryn= Chris Phillips 7/10
Gabriel Dumont= Brad Marchand 7/10
Darren Dietz= Johnny Boychuck (once again) 8/10
Brady Vail= lesser Sean Couturier 8/10

So that is my list, I obviously left out some players because I don't know them too much. Some comparison might be off, so apologize if that offends you, but, to summarize, it looks like the habs have a bright future ahead of them. Specially after this draft ;)

I don't understand the Tinordi-Johson one at all. Tinordi is a big/tough bruising d-man, Johnson is a big mobile guy who is supposed to be an impact guy offensively but who hasn't really put it all together.

Tinordi is more like Weber Chara or Regehr(in his prime).

Seb 06-11-2013 05:32 PM

Nathan Beaulieu = Mike Green

shortcat1 06-11-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECWHSWI (Post 67328407)
I'd say...

Jarred Tinordi= Peter Popovic
Alex Galchenyuk= Alfie Turcotte
Nathan Beaulieu= Karl Dykhuis
Sebastian Collberg= Jose Charbonneau
Dalton Thrower= Patrick Traverse
Louis Leblanc= Paul DiPietro
Morgan Ellis= Marko Kiprusoff
Danny Kristo= Patric Kjellberg
Michael Bournival= Martin St. Amour
Greg Pateryn= Kevin Dahl
Gabriel Dumont= Steve Larouche
Darren Dietz= Alan Letang
Brady Vail= Sebastien Bordeleau

voila! :naughty:

I had a great laugh at that! All busts. Wonderful humour.

shortcat1 06-11-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jee (Post 67349035)
Alexander Avtsin = Alex Ovechkin

easy.

Well... they rhyme anyway.

NH57 06-11-2013 06:42 PM

Alex Galchenyuk - Anze Kopitar or Jonathan Toews
Brendan Gallagher - Ryan Callahan
Nathan Beaulieu - Mike Green
Jarred Tinordi - Scott Stevens or Darian Hatcher
Sebastian Collberg - Daniel Alfredsson
Dalton Thrower - Kevin Bieksa
Brady Vail - Gregory Campbell
Morgan Ellis - Johnny Boychuk

Harpo 06-11-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortcat1 (Post 67352171)
I had a great laugh at that! All busts. Wonderful humour.

Actually Dipietro had a 0.42 ppg rate in the NHL and is still playing in Switzerland at age 43, so I'd be OK if Leblanc followed in his path, at this point.

Edit: And Paul was money in the playoffs.

shortcat1 06-11-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harpo (Post 67354655)
Actually Dipietro had a 0.42 ppg rate in the NHL and is still playing in Switzerland at age 43, so I'd be OK if Leblanc followed in his path, at this point.

Edit: And Paul was money in the playoffs.

He had a hot year. Good thing, though it was just in time for a Stanley Cup.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.