HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Jets and Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1445391)

Paralyzer008 06-11-2013 06:33 AM

Jets and Flyers
 
Has this been proposed? I feel that it maybe has between Jets fans in the past.

To Philadelphia:
Dustin Byfuglien
Alex Burmistrov

To Winnipeg:
Sean Couturier
Wayne Simmonds

SchennSational1022* 06-11-2013 06:57 AM

Never seen this before. We arent trading Simmonds and we dont want Byfuglien

orange is better 06-11-2013 07:28 AM

No thanks.

AtlantaWhaler 06-11-2013 07:37 AM

Flyers decline. Buff isn't the D-man they need, and not at that price tag.

Flyerfan47 06-11-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 (Post 67327883)
Has this been proposed? I feel that it maybe has between Jets fans in the past.

To Philadelphia:
Dustin Byfuglien
Alex Burmistrov

To Winnipeg:
Sean Couturier
Wayne Simmonds

LMAO. You want Couturier AND Simmonds, Start with Kane and go from there. I cant make this any clearer, I wouldn't take Dustin Byfuglien off of your hands for a 6th rounder in the year 3000

AtlantaWhaler 06-11-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 (Post 67328327)
LMAO. You want Couturier AND Simmonds, Start with Kane and go from there.

Oh jeeze. Are you now having a contest for the worst proposal with the OP?

orange is better 06-11-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 67328453)
Oh jeeze. Are you now having a contest for the worst proposal with the OP?

Actually, Kane's numbers really aren't that much better than Simmonds'. Yeah, Kane's a bit younger and his first few years were/have been better than, I'm just saying as of right now they aren't that far apart in terms of production.

hockeyguy 06-11-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange is better (Post 67328521)
Actually, Kane's numbers really aren't that much better than Simmonds'. Yeah, Kane's a bit younger and his first few years were/have been better than, I'm just saying as of right now they aren't that far apart in terms of production.

i'm not sure if you've talked to a jets fan recently but kane is the second coming :sarcasm:

AtlantaWhaler 06-11-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange is better (Post 67328521)
Actually, Kane's numbers really aren't that much better than Simmonds'. Yeah, Kane's a bit younger and his first few years were/have been better than, I'm just saying as of right now they aren't that far apart in terms of production.

But, "Starting with Kane and going from there"?? Kane would be the best player in the deal.

Psuhockey 06-11-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 67328615)
But, "Starting with Kane and going from there"?? Kane would be the best player in the deal.

And Simmonds was the best player in the last deal.

orange is better 06-11-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 67328615)
But, "Starting with Kane and going from there"?? Kane would be the best player in the deal.

I didn't say Winnipeg would make the deal, just saying that its not that terrible a proposal.

AtlantaWhaler 06-11-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psuhockey (Post 67328687)
And Simmonds was the best player in the last deal.

And nobody is debating that (except the OP I guess).

AtlantaWhaler 06-11-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange is better (Post 67328701)
I didn't say Winnipeg would make the deal, just saying that its not that terrible a proposal.

I guess it depends on what "going from there" means. If Winnipeg is adding, which it seems he's implying, then it is terrible.

orange is better 06-11-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 67328729)
I guess it depends on what "going from there" means. If Winnipeg is adding, which it seems he's implying, then it is terrible.

I agree, the + wouldn't be too much, but it's moot anyway. Nether team would/should be interested in making a trade like this. The jets would rather just keep their player, and the flyers need defense haha

ImPEKKAble 06-11-2013 08:23 AM

Couturier+ for Bogosian

Snotbubbles 06-11-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 67328615)
But, "Starting with Kane and going from there"?? Kane would be the best player in the deal.

There's a best player in every deal.

dawkins121 06-11-2013 08:30 AM

Flyers fans don't want Buff, Jets fans don't want to give up Bogosion. Same old, same old.

Huffer 06-11-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 (Post 67328327)
LMAO. You want Couturier AND Simmonds, Start with Kane and go from there. I cant make this any clearer, I wouldn't take Dustin Byfuglien off of your hands for a 6th rounder in the year 3000

Easy champ, the OP isn't even a Jets fan. No Jet fan on the Jets section has even remotely stated that Buff and Burmi would return that much.

Prestige Worldwide 06-11-2013 10:06 AM

This is actually one of the more realistic and fair value trade ideas I have seen on this board since signing up a few days ago. That said, Wayne Simmonds is far too valuable to the Flyers and wouldn't be traded unless someone drastically overpaid. I don't see Byfuglien as a drastic overpayment at all and while the value is probably fair Couturier for Burmistrov makes no sense at all for the Flyers.

Aela* 06-11-2013 10:09 AM

We have Scheifele and Little already, who are both similar players to Couturier and slot in at the 2C position very well, we don't need a 3rd 2C player. Simmonds is nice, although I can't understand the amount of hype he gets from Flyers fans. Decent defensive player, decent offensive player who had a breakout year, and is 24. Any Flyers fans want to tell me more about him?

In any case, I wouldn't give up Kane for him since that, at best, is a lateral move. And TBH I wouldn't move Byfuglien for him either, although I definitely like him. I just feel that Byfuglien is a top 5 OFD right now, and those don't grow on trees.

Prestige Worldwide 06-11-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilina (Post 67331567)
We have Scheifele and Little already, who are both similar players to Couturier and slot in at the 2C position very well, we don't need a 3rd 2C player. Simmonds is nice, although I can't understand the amount of hype he gets from Flyers fans. Decent defensive player, decent offensive player who had a breakout year, and is 24. Any Flyers fans want to tell me more about him?

In any case, I wouldn't give up Kane for him since that, at best, is a lateral move. And TBH I wouldn't move Byfuglien for him either, although I definitely like him. I just feel that Byfuglien is a top 5 OFD right now, and those don't grow on trees.

Simmonds is one of the only true PF's left in today's NHL. He drops the gloves around 5-10 times a year and when he does it's usually for a good reason and makes an impact. If you ever get bored youtube some of his fights, he's a bad dude. He has one punched dropped Eric Brewer, David Clarkson, and Mike Weber over the last year and fought some pretty tough customers in Matt Martin, Deryk Engelland, etc.

In addition to that he's pretty much cemented himself as a guy you can count on for 25-30 goals. He's excellent on the PP. He's only 24, he's locked up long term at 3.9 million which is cap friendly for what he brings.

Simmonds is a beast.

Flyerfan47 06-12-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 67328453)
Oh jeeze. Are you now having a contest for the worst proposal with the OP?

Are you insane? One of the best young power forwards and a promising young player, your damn right I want Kane to start! Unless you offer Kane or someone like Bogosian to start, DON'T CALL!

Flyerfan47 06-12-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 67328615)
But, "Starting with Kane and going from there"?? Kane would be the best player in the deal.

Kane would be the best player in the deal, IN YOUR OPINION! That comment is based on what exactly? His 159 points in 261 games? Simmonds has 174 in 367..Frankly there not much different at all unless your delusional. Offering a fat slob isnt gonna cut it...

Seanahue 06-12-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 (Post 67369805)
Kane would be the best player in the deal, IN YOUR OPINION! That comment is based on what exactly? His 159 points in 261 games? Simmonds has 174 in 367..Frankly there not much different at all unless your delusional. Offering a fat slob isnt gonna cut it...

Wait....are you trying to say that Simmonds = Kane in terms of value?

Please god tell me that isn't what you are saying.

Jack de la Hoya 06-12-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanahue (Post 67370855)
Wait....are you trying to say that Simmonds = Kane in terms of value?

Please god tell me that isn't what you are saying.

You need to read the post in context.

He's (and / or others are) saying that the difference between Simmonds and Kane is (much, much) less than Couturier.

(I also think he's saying that Simmonds is currently the better player, which is debatable. He's not saying that Simmonds holds more trade value).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.