HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   OT: Places to watch the SCF in the East Bay (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1445477)

Bi Coastal Bawse* 06-11-2013 11:32 AM

Places to watch the SCF in the East Bay

I have lived in the greater Bay Area for the past 12 years and have usually just watched hockey by myself at my house. Last season I watched a SJS/BOS game at a bar but I think it was a 1 time deal.

Anyone know any bars/sports bars in the East Bay(Dublin/Pleasanton/San Ramon/Livermore...) that will be playing the SCF games?

Groo 06-11-2013 12:18 PM

Try the Vine theater in Livermore. Entrance is free. The beer is a little pricey though and the food is from the restaurant next door. Caught the Niner-Cards(10/29) game there.

Hard to beat the screen size. Seating ranges to theater seats with tables to lounge pits.

I'll probably go and catch one of the games there myself

It's on 1st street

nix at home 06-11-2013 01:17 PM

I work at a sports pub called The Englander in San Leandro. The manager and his wife are from Canada (he's from Winnipeg, she from Alberta). We have 30 flat screens around the place and guarantee the game will be on (no sound though unfortunately, would be if the sharks were playing) and a drop screen with an HD projector which we should have the game on as well. I'll be the guy wearing the Sharks shirts. Foods alright, but do have 75 beers on tap. Just throwing it out there.

Bi Coastal Bawse* 06-11-2013 03:16 PM

I googled that Englander place looks cool may have to save it for Game 2. Vine Street theater has hockey?

209 06-11-2013 03:27 PM

You could also try Buffalo Wild Wings in Dublin or San Ramon. The Outpost in San Ramon will have it on too. Firehouse 37 in San Ramon. Pete's Brass Rail in Danville too. There are a number of places in the tri-valley...

Bi Coastal Bawse* 06-11-2013 03:43 PM

Ugh I HATE the Outpost. Probably from the night scene. :laugh:

I was thinking BWW but I don't think that is a place my father would like

Groo 06-11-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse (Post 67346411)
I googled that Englander place looks cool may have to save it for Game 2. Vine Street theater has hockey?

They show the local teams. I can't believe they wouldn't have the finals.

Bruins vs Black Hawks has to be a better draw than a Fellini film fest.

Bi Coastal Bawse* 06-11-2013 04:55 PM

I will have to call them. Never actually been there, I always go to the other theater in Livermore.

Down town Livermore is actually nice compared to down town Pleasanton where I live. So boring.

EastBayShark 06-11-2013 09:48 PM

Livermore local here. I just called the Vine because I too was curious if they were playing it or not and the girl said they were not.

In the future though, I suggest to anyone to check them out for "big games" (college championships, bay area teams in the playoffs, etc.) I usually just bring my own beer in—no one has ever said anything, and it's younger people working there whom I assume don't care.

Bi Coastal Bawse* 06-12-2013 12:09 AM

Well that sucks........I guess it's home, BWW or Englander idk any other places.

DuckEatinShark 06-12-2013 01:18 PM

So the Dublin Sports Bar won't be playing the SCF tonight? I know they'll play the Giants and the A's, but they don't have a 3rd screen showing the SCF?

Groo 06-12-2013 04:42 PM

Is Beeb's still up and running ? Out in Livermore, by the public golf course/airport

Bi Coastal Bawse* 06-12-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 67385529)
So the Dublin Sports Bar won't be playing the SCF tonight? I know they'll play the Giants and the A's, but they don't have a 3rd screen showing the SCF?

Which one? I only know of Gallaghers and Evies

209 06-12-2013 06:06 PM

Have you checked out Firehouse 37 in San Ramon?? Lots of TVs, good food and nice size bar area.