HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Jonas Hiller (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1445639)

Unagi 06-11-2013 04:39 PM

Jonas Hiller
 
I am curious which teams out there would be interested in acquiring Hiller who has 1 year left at 4.5 mill. And most importantly, what would they give up?

Bobblehead 06-11-2013 04:54 PM

Depends on what you're looking for? The same names will come up from Edmonton all the time.... Gagner, Hemsky, Horcoff, (possibly) PRV, Potter, 7th overall.

Other Ducks of interest - Sbisa, Beleskey and Winnik.

inthewings 06-11-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobblehead (Post 67350449)
Depends on what you're looking for? The same names will come up from Edmonton all the time.... Gagner, Hemsky, Horcoff, (possibly) PRV, Potter, 7th overall.

Other Ducks of interest - Sbisa, Beleskey and Winnik.

Why does everyone have Edmonton looking for help in net? Isn't Dubnyk kind of good?

Iceonfire 06-11-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthewings (Post 67352287)
Why does everyone have Edmonton looking for help in net? Isn't Dubnyk kind of good?

Dubnyk needs a goaltender that can either push him or replace him.

Seems like a good fit with only 1 year left on his deal.

Want your 2nd in this years draft back?

AngelDuck 06-11-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceonfire (Post 67352625)
Dubnyk needs a goaltender that can either push him or replace him.

Seems like a good fit with only 1 year left on his deal.

Want your 2nd in this years draft back?

I'd do Hiller for 2 2nd round picks (this year and next year)

Iceonfire 06-11-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 67352769)
I'd do Hiller for 2 2nd round picks (this year and next year)

Deal.

:handclap:

That 2nd was for the Cogs trade anyways. I am glad he worked out for you guys.

One M0RE YEAR 06-11-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 67352769)
I'd do Hiller for 2 2nd round picks (this year and next year)

that seems like low value for hiller..Wouldn't you rather roll with Gibson+hiller over Gibson and fasth??Personally id trade fasth for a 2nd before i did that deal

AngelDuck 06-11-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One M0RE YEAR (Post 67355141)
that seems like low value for hiller..Wouldn't you rather roll with Gibson+hiller over Gibson and fasth??Personally id trade fasth for a 2nd before i did that deal

Fasth is cheaper. Rather keep him and unload Hiller. We might be able to get a little more than 2 2nd round picks, but IDK how much more

One M0RE YEAR 06-11-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 67355337)
Fasth is cheaper. Rather keep him and unload Hiller. We might be able to get a little more than 2 2nd round picks, but IDK how much more

Risky way to go. I loved fasth's play this year but I don't think the ducks would want to go with a rookie (starter) and a prospect as a backup. Although Gibson has been phenomenal in juniors

mighty all the way 06-11-2013 07:29 PM

Hiller is at least worth a roster player and a second round pick if not a first. He's a proven starter and proven starters do not grow on trees. Buffalo will find this out pretty soon if they trade Miller.

Guastad got a 1st, and he's a 4th line center that happens to be good at faceoffs. Hiller should be able to get a late first and one of 3rd line player/prospect/5th dman. I would try for a young promising prospect though, like Ryan Strome.

Ducks get
Ryan Strome

Islanders get
Hiller

Good hockey trade for both teams, Hiller has one year left and tries to prove himself that he is still capable and Islanders get the number one goalie they need if they choose not to go with Nabakov after those playoff games he just had. Ryan Strome will fill the void for the future second line center and battle it out with Holland while Bonino is in the better fit role as 3rd line center.

Edit: Right now in we have Hiller/Fasth/Anderson/Gibson. Anderson had a phenomenal year in the AHL and played in the same league as Fasth before coming to N.A. and was almost on par with him. Its risky to trade Hiller but now would be the time.

66-29-33 06-11-2013 07:37 PM

If Pens buyout Fleury i'd love Hiller here.

Mr Misty 06-11-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty all the way (Post 67355977)
Hiller is at least worth a roster player and a second round pick if not a first. He's a proven starter and proven starters do not grow on trees. Buffalo will find this out pretty soon if they trade Miller.

Guastad got a 1st, and he's a 4th line center that happens to be good at faceoffs. Hiller should be able to get a late first and one of 3rd line player/prospect/5th dman. I would try for a young promising prospect though, like Ryan Strome.

Ducks get
Ryan Strome

Islanders get
Hiller

Good hockey trade for both teams, Hiller has one year left and tries to prove himself that he is still capable and Islanders get the number one goalie they need if they choose not to go with Nabakov after those playoff games he just had. Ryan Strome will fill the void for the future second line center and battle it out with Holland while Bonino is in the better fit role as 3rd line center.

Edit: Right now in we have Hiller/Fasth/Anderson/Gibson. Anderson had a phenomenal year in the AHL and played in the same league as Fasth before coming to N.A. and was almost on par with him. Its risky to trade Hiller but now would be the time.

Bananas. You are going to get blasted by NYI fans, and rightly so. The goalie market is flush with options that cost less or are better.

CREW99AW 06-11-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty all the way (Post 67355977)
Hiller is at least worth a roster player and a second round pick if not a first. He's a proven starter and proven starters do not grow on trees. Buffalo will find this out pretty soon if they trade Miller.

Guastad got a 1st, and he's a 4th line center that happens to be good at faceoffs. Hiller should be able to get a late first and one of 3rd line player/prospect/5th dman. I would try for a young promising prospect though, like Ryan Strome.

Ducks get
Ryan Strome

Islanders get
Hiller

Good hockey trade for both teams, Hiller has one year left and tries to prove himself that he is still capable and Islanders get the number one goalie they need if they choose not to go with Nabakov after those playoff games he just had. Ryan Strome will fill the void for the future second line center and battle it out with Holland while Bonino is in the better fit role as 3rd line center.

Edit: Right now in we have Hiller/Fasth/Anderson/Gibson. Anderson had a phenomenal year in the AHL and played in the same league as Fasth before coming to N.A. and was almost on par with him. Its risky to trade Hiller but now would be the time.

Yeah. Good luck getting a bluechip prospect for 1 yr of Hiller. When it happens, bump this thread up to remind me how I :laugh: at your proposal

CREW99AW 06-11-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Misty (Post 67356365)
Bananas. You are going to get blasted by NYI fans, and rightly so. The goalie market is flush with options that cost less or are better.

LA Kings fans have been posting for weeks, that Lombardi wouldn't trade 24 yr old Bernier unless he got a top prospect+ a 1st rounder. The press out of LA is saying the Flyers and Kings have been discussing a Read for Bernier trade. That's a far cry from a top prospect+ a 1st rounder.

If Anaheim is expecting a top prospect for Hiller, I think they will be disappointed.

Bobblehead 06-11-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceonfire (Post 67352625)
Dubnyk needs a goaltender that can either push him or replace him.

Seems like a good fit with only 1 year left on his deal.

Want your 2nd in this years draft back?

He was good, but no one is totally sold on him yet. Has fantastic games where he looks like real thing. Stats were very good on bad team. Then lets in real softies. To be honest I probably prefer a lesser deal for Gibson, Fasth or Andersson(?), but if Hiller is what's offered, I be interested. One second pick is good, but he other might have to be conditional on him re-signing? Would you want to face him within the division?

Iceonfire 06-11-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty all the way (Post 67355977)
Hiller is at least worth a roster player and a second round pick if not a first. He's a proven starter and proven starters do not grow on trees. Buffalo will find this out pretty soon if they trade Miller.

Guastad got a 1st, and he's a 4th line center that happens to be good at faceoffs. Hiller should be able to get a late first and one of 3rd line player/prospect/5th dman. I would try for a young promising prospect though, like Ryan Strome.

Ducks get
Ryan Strome

Islanders get
Hiller

Good hockey trade for both teams, Hiller has one year left and tries to prove himself that he is still capable and Islanders get the number one goalie they need if they choose not to go with Nabakov after those playoff games he just had. Ryan Strome will fill the void for the future second line center and battle it out with Holland while Bonino is in the better fit role as 3rd line center.

Edit: Right now in we have Hiller/Fasth/Anderson/Gibson. Anderson had a phenomenal year in the AHL and played in the same league as Fasth before coming to N.A. and was almost on par with him. Its risky to trade Hiller but now would be the time.

He only has 1 year left on his deal. There are a ton of goalies available this summer also.

You may get a depth roster player or a boom or bust prospect and a pick.

But 2 2nds seem to be the going rate for decent rentals.

Paul4587 06-11-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mighty all the way (Post 67355977)

Ducks get
Ryan Strome

Islanders get
Hiller

Yeah not a chance we get Strome for Hiller.

AngelDuck 06-11-2013 10:38 PM

Hiller is a rental with a 4.5 cap hit. I'd be stoked if we got 2 2nd round picks from a non-contender team like the Oilers.

AlowlyOilersfan 06-11-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 67363669)
Hiller is a rental with a 4.5 cap hit. I'd be stoked if we got 2 2nd round picks from a non-contender team like the Oilers.

deal =)

Jesus Teemu 06-12-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobblehead (Post 67357933)
He was good, but no one is totally sold on him yet. Has fantastic games where he looks like real thing. Stats were very good on bad team. Then lets in real softies. To be honest I probably prefer a lesser deal for Gibson, Fasth or Andersson(?), but if Hiller is what's offered, I be interested. One second pick is good, but he other might have to be conditional on him re-signing? Would you want to face him within the division?

That sounds kinda like Hiller actually.

crt 06-12-2013 02:38 AM

That vertigo problem really ****ed him up. He looked like he was well on his way to becoming one of the best goalies in the league.

Vipers31 06-12-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 67363669)
Hiller is a rental with a 4.5 cap hit.

Why do people keep saying that? If you're signed for a year, you're not a rental. Might as well start calling players two-, three-, five- or ten-year rentals. He's signed for a year. Obviously that's not the same value as someone signed for multiple season, but it's not comparable to having an expiring contract at the deadline. Teams in this league strive to be successful every season they head towards, so having a starting goalie for even just one (entire) season isn't without value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crt (Post 67368133)
That vertigo problem really ****ed him up. He looked like he was well on his way to becoming one of the best goalies in the league.

Meh, I don't really see it that way. Yes, he was on his way to earning a Vezina trophy nomination for that year, but I don't think he'd have been consistent enough to be a top-3/5 goalie for long enough. Consistency has been an issue before, and it still is now. Even after the vertigo, he's had long stretches over both seasons where he played at or very close to that level. It certainly hurt him, but I think it's blown a bit out of proportion.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.