HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Wpg - ott (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1445665)

Berserker* 06-11-2013 05:52 PM

Wpg - ott

How about this trade?

Winnipeg Jets:
Dustin Byfuglien

for

Ottawa Senators:
Milan Michalek

JetsHomer 06-11-2013 05:53 PM

I think Ottawa adds a little but overall pretty close.

HavlatMach9 06-11-2013 05:53 PM

lol at least I'd run away with Buffy laughing. If Michalek was healthy, it might be pretty close, but Bufyuglien is signed longer, and he can be a forward or dman.

Sparksrus3 06-11-2013 05:54 PM

Cricket, cricket

Benjamin 06-11-2013 05:56 PM

Sens would have to add something. Da Costa?

Lukus 06-11-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 (Post 67352569)
lol at least I'd run away with Buffy laughing. If Michalek was healthy, it might be pretty close, but Bufyuglien is signed longer, and he can be a forward or dman.

Surely you meant if Bufyuglien was in shape, right?

Galley was just saying on the radio how Buf is said to be over 300 lbs and the Jets are not happy with him.

Michalek would be amongst the best if he stayed healthy. Bufyuglien would be amongst the best if he was in shape. Seems to me they both comes with risks.

Fair trade given the equal potential vs risks.

sully1410 06-11-2013 06:12 PM

Of course this is going to happen. Can someone please explain to me how a guy like Buff can pack on 40lbs playing hockey every 2nd night and practises?

It's easy...you can't. It's a load of BS created by the Winnipeg version of Damien Cox and perpetuated by our hack of a beat writer.

StefanW 06-11-2013 06:13 PM

If Wpg is charging by the pound the offer is not close to fair.

Otherwise, it seems pretty fair considering both players come with some degree of risk. I'm still not sure why Ottawa trades away a scoring winger when gaining a scoring winger is supposedly their number 1 need, but some people feel the need to give away 9MM at every opportunity. At least in this suggestion we would get a RHD back.

sully1410 06-11-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StefanW (Post 67353273)
If Wpg is charging by the pound the offer is not close to fair.

Lol that's pretty funny.

Suprbad 06-11-2013 06:25 PM

Sens take this, we'd even add a prospect.

One M0RE YEAR 06-11-2013 06:43 PM

I don't know why the sens or jets would do this deal..sens biggest need is on the wing, while buff has higher value

Tyskie 06-11-2013 06:51 PM

Mark Stone + #17? Can throw in a lesser prospect as well?

Aela* 06-11-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyskie (Post 67354589)

I just pissed my pants laughing at how bad this deal is.

We don't want Michalek either. We already have Ladd, Kane, and Wheeler, Michalek isn't a significant upgrade on any of them.

Flair Hay 06-11-2013 07:20 PM

Jets would probably be more interested in Buff for Silfverberg more than Michalek given the age of their core group. Not that Michalek isn't better but that Jets will probably be targeting younger players.

I'm assuming Cowen for Buff would be a no go...

StefanW 06-11-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilina (Post 67354859)
I just pissed my pants laughing at how bad this deal is.

We don't want Michalek either. We already have Ladd, Kane, and Wheeler, Michalek isn't a significant upgrade on any of them.

True, the total weight of Stone and whoever is the first round pick doesn't even come close to Buff. Maybe if you filled Stone's pockets with rocks and put a hose on him for a while.

Kahuna Nanu 06-11-2013 07:23 PM

Oh-ho, weight jokes, those are always funny.

Oh wait. They're not. Discuss the trade, please.

Benjamin 06-11-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhay1987 (Post 67355629)
Jets would probably be more interested in Buff for Silfverberg more than Michalek given the age of their core group. Not that Michalek isn't better but that Jets will probably be targeting younger players.

Cowen is obviously a no go, since the point of getting Buff is to pair them together.

Silfverberg for Buff is probably fair value wise but doesn't makes sense for the Sens because of Buff's questionable weight problem(if its even true) and the Sens needing scoring.

From a Sens POV the deal only makes sense if its around Michalek but since the Jets do not have a need for Michalek, I do not see a deal to be made.

Lukus 06-11-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhay1987 (Post 67355629)

I'd take my chance and do a Buff for Silf trade. Pretty sure the organization and the mentality that prevails in the Sens locker room would be enough to motivate him into shape.

BonkTastic 06-11-2013 08:54 PM

If Michalek-for-Bogo straight-up is a no-go (which is understandable, if Jets fans aren't in), would Jets fans consider:

to Winnipeg:
- 2014 1st rounder
- Patrick Wiercioch
- "a prospect" *
(*I have no idea who the prospect would be, I'm just putting that there as the piece both teams can discuss)

To Ottawa:
- Byfuglien

Jets would get a 1st rounder, plus a YOUNG offensive defenceman to replace Buff long-term (much cheaper, too), plus a prospect.

Basically, Wier would replace Buff on the Jets roster (and immediately produce offensively, at least based on his production this year: his 2013 production, projected over an 82 game season, was 38 points), and the Jets get two young pieces (a 1st round draft pick + a prospect who is "close") to immediately bolster their pipeline. And the Sens get a RHD that they can lean on for the next while.

pegcity 06-11-2013 09:02 PM

I don't think the Jets would be interested in a pick if it isn't in the top 10. They have 6 in the first 3 rounds. Also Michalek plays left wing, which the Jets don't need.

Winnipeg's needs are:

-Second line right winger (with size)
-Second line left handed DEFENSIVE defenseman (with size)
-Expert penalty killer

Benjamin 06-11-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pegcity (Post 67359629)
-Second line right winger (with size)
-Expert penalty killer

You just described Michalek... Great 2nd liner, great defensively, awesome PKer, plays LW & RW equally, 6'1 220, fast, goal scorer.

BonkTastic 06-11-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 67359893)
You just described Michalek... Great 2nd liner, great defensively, awesome PKer, plays LW & RW equally, 6'1 220, fast, goal scorer.

This is true.

SpezDispenser 06-11-2013 09:43 PM

I'd do Michalek for Buff without hesitation personally.

trebendan 06-11-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyskie (Post 67354589)

When Buff was traded from CHI to ATL, it was basically for Morin and a first and maybe the 2nd. All the other players (it was a massive deal in terms of quantity (but low quality otherwise)) are long since gone, and were basically spare parts and cap dumps. I think the above proposal is similar in terms of quality. The question I have is - has Buff's value increased or decreased from 2010, after he just came off a great performance for the Hawks in the playoffs?

N o o d l e s 06-11-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suprbad (Post 67353661)
Sens take this, we'd even add a prospect.

Definitely. In fact, I think Ottawa would need to add something additionally due to Michalek's age.

Byfuglien and Karlsson is a nice pairing :amazed: