HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Roberto Luongo to... ANYWHERE! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1445681)

AnthonyJohnson 06-11-2013 06:19 PM

Roberto Luongo to... ANYWHERE!

I bet you've seen this kind of thread before, but at this point in time, Vancouver will do anything to dump his contract. Make your offers for Lou.

Ho Borvat 06-11-2013 06:20 PM

Please just stop....

AnthonyJohnson 06-11-2013 06:21 PM

This will be my last thread (to get you guys off my back lol)

Mathew Barzal 06-11-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson (Post 67353549)

I feel like I know you.

Megalodan 06-11-2013 06:32 PM

send him to ottawa, take back anderson

Kbs 06-11-2013 06:36 PM

This will be a fun thread. All it's going to take is one ridiculous comment from someone and this thread will be 20 pages in no time.

Vankiller Whale 06-11-2013 06:37 PM

If other teams' GMs are even half as down on Luongo as HF seems to be, I really, really hope we move Schneider.

Castle1* 06-11-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson (Post 67353549)

1 thread too many.

Ho Borvat 06-11-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 67354047)
If other teams' GMs are even half as down on Luongo as HF seems to be, I really, really hope we move Schneider.

I agree... it doesn't make sense to me to sell low... I personally think people will be surprised that he commands a reasonable return (nothing insane, but he won't be bought out/traded for a late pick etc). I think people are just getting impatient and want it to be over (has anything really changed from last summer?).

I mean if Tampa had to trade one of Lecavalier or Stamkos..
- Vinnies return is a 5th round pick
- Stamkos return is Giroux

Your a better team with Vinnie and Giroux than you are with Stamkos and a 5th...

Kinda the way I have viewed a Schneider trade

TW 06-11-2013 06:55 PM

That contract is toxic. I'll be surprised if it's tradeable. between the length, amount and the cap-recapture, teams are right to run.

Rinzler 06-11-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kack zassian (Post 67354405)
I agree... it doesn't make sense to me to sell low... I personally think people will be surprised that he commands a reasonable return (nothing insane, but he won't be bought out/traded for a late pick etc). I think people are just getting impatient and want it to be over (has anything really changed from last summer?).

Your a better team with Vinnie and Giroux than you are with Stamkos and a 5th...

Loving the optimism. You sir are a saint.

Ho Borvat 06-11-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rinzler (Post 67354973)
Loving the optimism. You sir are a saint.

I think the only thing thats really changed from last year is fans patience level....

Not expecting gold but I expect offers to be comparable to last off season, and MG will have to take the best one.

NHLNUT04 06-11-2013 07:13 PM

Take Horcoff from Oil

Liferleafer 06-11-2013 07:14 PM

There will be a taker for Luongo. Probably a 2nd and a prospect.....and Luongo will be very good for that team for 4-5 years. Which team? I dunno.

Aceboogie 06-11-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyFanLand (Post 67355373)
Take Horcoff from Oil

Quick and painless trade. Canucks get their 3rd line center (albeit overpayed, but not cap crunching) and most importantly, they save a buy out (only get 2) so they can take advantage of other large contracts in the future (buy someone out in return for players)

Oilers get there #1 goalie who will still be good for 3 years, but have to use a buy out on him in the future

:naughty::naughty:

Regal 06-11-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW (Post 67354723)
That contract is toxic. I'll be surprised if it's tradeable. between the length, amount and the cap-recapture, teams are right to run.

To be fair, the amount isn't really a negative, it's the length and especially the re-capture that creates a problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liferleafer (Post 67355411)
There will be a taker for Luongo. Probably a 2nd and a prospect.....and Luongo will be very good for that team for 4-5 years. Which team? I dunno.

This has been my sense for awhile, but I've become increasing pessimistic over time. With the Canucks drafting though, I'd wish the second was traded right after being drafted by the other team first.

Kelly 06-11-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Comparing goalies and centres is a little bit silly though, don't you think?

What it really comes down to is the future of the Vancouver Canucks. How much longer until Luongo retires? How much longer until he stops producing at the level of a #1 goalie? This is why I think the Canucks would be smarter trading Luongo instead of Schneider.

For argument sake, let's predict Luongo stops playing to the capability of a #1 goalie in 5 years.

In 5 years....

Would you rather have

Schneider + Luongo's minimal return in the trade.

Or no number one goalie + Schenider 's return in trade.

I realize their are a lot of variables to consider, like how Eddie Lack progresses. Or maybe the Canucks are able to get a #1 goalie elsewhere. But I just feel the safer move would be to move Luongo, especially considering how Gillis has handled this whole situation.

Will definitely be exciting to see how this plays out, if it does.

phlocky 06-11-2013 07:29 PM

Just buy him out, then you don't have to worry about him anymore ;)

tututooter21 06-11-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Best team would be Vinnie and Stamkos though ;)

mstad101 06-11-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlocky (Post 67355989)
Just buy him out, then you don't have to worry about him anymore ;)

It's the 27 million over 18 years that's the problem.

I'd do the Horcoff trade. Than buy out Horcoff with the compliance. He's only got like 2 years left and less salary than cap hit.

Vankiller Whale 06-11-2013 07:36 PM

How about something completely off-the wall:

To Philly:
Future considerations

To Vancouver:

2013 1st conditional on Luongo signing with Philly after being bought out.

Beezeral 06-11-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 67356279)
How about something completely off-the wall:

To Philly:
Future considerations

To Vancouver:

2013 1st conditional on Luongo signing with Philly after being bought out.

There is this crazy thing called the CBA that would have something to say about this trade

Henrik To Daniel 06-11-2013 08:45 PM

Luongo for Frattin and 2nd

JoeThorntonsRooster 06-11-2013 08:52 PM

He's still got value. I think a team like Winnipeg would want him. Vancouver could probs get a 1st.

Habsawce 06-11-2013 08:53 PM

Luongo and Bieksa for a 36, Kaberle and Nygren

Montreal buys out Luongo or trades him for futures to another club