HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Proposal: Markov to PIT? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1446407)

TT1 06-12-2013 08:31 PM

Markov to PIT?

:habs
Markov

:pens
Harrington/Dumoulin/Maata
2014 1st round

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=24720
Just to put things in perspective in regards to market value, Streit is older than Markov and hes currently getting alot of attention. Philly traded a midd-level prospect and a 4th rounder just for his rights and hes probably gonna get signed for around 5M, and he has nowhere near the same offencive abilities as Markov.

Pits most likely wont resign Letang (assuming Malkin gets his 10M and apparently Letang wants something in the neighborhood of 7-8M) so this might be a good alternative for you guys, seeing as replacing Letang for a young proven/premium PMD would be both extremely costly in terms of $$ and moving pieces. Markov is gonna give you around the same PPG as Letang for another 3-4 years (buys your prospects enough time to develop) and hes cheaper, he would fit perfectly on a cup contending team. You also have alot of solid D-prospects so this shouldnt hurt you too much.

EDIT: i have no idea how but some ppl misunderstood my post, im not asking for letang : D. in short:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TT1 (Post 67411737)
I was never asking for letang, i just made my proposal assuming you would have to trade him somewhere else and would need a legit replacement at a fair price. Basically so u could take advantage of sid + malkin's prime years at a low cost

EDIT2: added my trade in

Karnage420* 06-12-2013 08:32 PM

no thanks

Jacob 06-12-2013 08:33 PM

Nah.

plaidchuck 06-12-2013 08:38 PM

Letang for Markov, Subban, 1st and 2nd picks, Price, a bug of packs, future considerations, etc. etc.

Dylonus 06-12-2013 08:38 PM

No need for us...

TT1 06-12-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylonus (Post 67409073)
No need for us...

how are you gonna replace letang's production o.O?

eXile59 06-12-2013 08:45 PM

An aging, often injured, overrated d-man. No thanks.

Waffle Fries 06-12-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT1 (Post 67409569)

Until there are actual rumors that we're trading Letang (which don't currently exist)... we won't have to.

TT1 06-12-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXile59 (Post 67409701)
An aging, often injured, overrated d-man. No thanks.

: D kk gl guys

Black Label 06-12-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT1 (Post 67409569)

With Letang.

TT1 06-12-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffle Fries (Post 67409735)
Until there are actual rumors that we're trading Letang (which don't currently exist)... we won't have to.

you don't really need rumors to know that its extremely unlikely your going to resign him. crosby's cap hit is 8.7M, malkin is gonna be more than that, neal is 5M, martin 5M, fleury 5M, letang wants at least 7-8M. thats already like 40M for 5 players alone. and sutter + niskanen have 1+ year left on their contracts

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 06-12-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT1 (Post 67408197)
Markov

A Must) Good D-man prospect has to come back
i have something in mind but id rather see if you guys think this would be a good fit for you and how much you think Markov's market value is

Just to put things in perspective in regards to market value, Streit is older than Markov and hes currently getting alot of attention. Philly traded a midd-level prospect and a 4th rounder just for his rights and hes probably gonna get signed for around 5M, and he has nowhere near the same offencive abilities as Markov.

Pits most likely wont resign Letang (assuming Malkin gets his 10M and apparently Letang wants something in the neighborhood of 7-8M) so this might be a good alternative for you guys, seeing as replacing Letang for a young proven/premium PMD would be both extremely costly in terms of $$ and moving pieces. Markov is gonna give you around the same PPG as Letang for another 3-4 years (buys your prospects enough time to develop) and hes cheaper, he would fit perfectly on a cup contending team. You also have alot of solid D-prospects so this shouldnt hurt you too much.

Shero was willing to give Staal 6 mil per. Why you think he'd balk at paying Letang - a better player at a more important position considering our strengths - 7 mil per is beyond me.

Dr Van Nostrand 06-12-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper (Post 67410765)
Shero was willing to give Staal 6 mil per. Why you think he'd balk at paying Letang - a better player at a more important position considering our strengths - 7 mil per is beyond me.

Lower cap

Waffle Fries 06-12-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT1 (Post 67410665)
you don't really need rumors to know that its extremely unlikely your going to resign him. crosby's cap hit is 8.7M, malkin is gonna be more than that, neal is 5M, matin 5M, fleury 5M, letang wants at least 7-8M. thats already like 40M for 5 players alone. and sutter + niskanen have 1+ year left on their contracts

His extension won't kick in until the 2014-15 season. The cap will be back up.

Thanks for being concerned about our cap situation, but we can afford Letang at $7m especially since a good portion of our defense will be on ELCs in the near future.

IcedCapp 06-12-2013 09:04 PM

Payam, what did you have in mind?

bathroomSTAAL 06-12-2013 09:05 PM

Okay deal. Now I'll call Shero and have him call you.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 06-12-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Cooke (Post 67410841)
Lower cap

A lower cap was not unexpected last summer.

TT1 06-12-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedCapp (Post 67411083)
Payam, what did you have in mind?

hahaha glad to know im not alone <3

i was thinking about something like:

either Harrington/Dumoulin/Maata + picks, gives you enough time to develop Despres(close to being nhl ready but hes not gonna give you alot of prod. for another 2-3 years) and Pouliot
cheap cost for a premium PMD, obviously all this is assuming PIT can't resign Letang

IcedCapp 06-12-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt1 (Post 67411231)
hahaha glad to know im not alone <3

:)

plaidchuck 06-12-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT1 (Post 67410665)
you don't really need rumors to know that its extremely unlikely your going to resign him. crosby's cap hit is 8.7M, malkin is gonna be more than that, neal is 5M, martin 5M, fleury 5M, letang wants at least 7-8M. thats already like 40M for 5 players alone. and sutter + niskanen have 1+ year left on their contracts

Either way we're talking a 1st round pick, waay better defenseman and a top notch prospect, or some combination thereof.

TT1 06-12-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plaidchuck (Post 67411549)
Either way we're talking a 1st round pick, waay better defenseman and a top notch prospect, or some combination thereof.

i was never asking for letang, i just made my proposal assuming you would have to trade him somewhere else and would need a legit replacement at a fair price. basically so u could take advantage of sid + malkin's prime years at a low cost

Jag68Sid87 06-12-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT1 (Post 67408197)
Markov

Harrington/Dumoulin/Maata
2014 1st round

EDIT: i have no idea how but some ppl misunderstood my post, im not asking for letang : D. in short:

EDIT2: added my trade in

If anything, I'd be looking at the complete OPPOSITE type of deal right now, where we can try to finagle our way into Round 1 THIS year, not deal away our first NEXT year already.

Fordy 06-12-2013 10:01 PM

What a godawful stupid just mindnumbingly terrible trade.

domaug* 06-12-2013 10:04 PM

i don't like this proposal at all. Letang > Markov and the Pens shouldn't give up any of their prospects and a 1st for someone they don't need.

if they're trading Letang, it's not going to be so they can trade MORE prospects/picks to get a worse player to replace Letang.

TT1 06-12-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 (Post 67414927)
If anything, I'd be looking at the complete OPPOSITE type of deal right now, where we can try to finagle our way into Round 1 THIS year, not deal away our first NEXT year already.

alot of your quality players have 1-2+ years left on their contract (martin, orpik, letang, niskanen, jokinen) and they can easily fetch a 1st rounder, i dont think thats an issue