HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Hemsky to Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1446845)

saskriders 06-13-2013 01:58 PM

Hemsky to Ottawa

What would be fair value for him?

Ottawa needs a scoring winger, has the room to take on a bad contract for a year, and may be willing to take a chance on a guy that needs to bounce back.

Ottawa has plenty of prospects/picks available

Number1RedWingsFan52 06-13-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskriders (Post 67446751)
What would be fair value for him?

Ottawa needs a scoring winger, has the room to take on a bad contract for a year, and may be willing to take a chance on a guy that needs to bounce back.

Ottawa has plenty of prospects/picks available

IMO Ottawa would be better just to sign one of the UFA like Clarkson, Weiss, Filppula, Horton. Hemsky is to injured prone and is'nt worth $5 million that Edmonton signed him to I cant see any body giving a prospect for Hemsky maybe a 4th rd pick at the most.

duul 06-13-2013 02:06 PM

Something around Wiercioch?

Proust 06-13-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskriders (Post 67446751)
Ottawa needs a scoring winger,

So why would they be interested in Hemsky?

Mika Zibanejad 06-13-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proust (Post 67447457)
So why would they be interested in Hemsky?

Michalek - Spezza - Hemsky

Very awsome top line, Amazing hands, has speed and skill, snipers, playmaking, makes me drool.

and on the power play we could run

Turris - Spezza - Hemsky

Hemsky is going to be 30 to start next season, hes not old at all, and its not too late for him to put his injuries behind him.

Hemsky can easily score 20 -30 goals on spezza's wing.

What i would offer Edmonton, Gryba (6'4 huge shut down d, he was averaging 22 mins a night in ottawa when Karlsson was out ) and Dallas 4th round pick. just to add the value,

the only problem is Edmonton won't take it, because there are a lot of dumb gm's willing to overpay for a good winger, and Paul Maclean has a man crush on Gryba

Sergei Berezin 06-13-2013 02:38 PM

This would actually be a great move for Ottawa.

Problem is that they're an injury prone team, and they should be looking for more dependable players.

Also, they tried the injury-project player in Latendresse last season, and that didn't work out too well.

With that said, I really think Hemsky and Michalek would make a great line with either of the top-2 Sens Cs.

Marty Straka 06-13-2013 02:41 PM

Im in the boat of trying to acquire Hemsky and have been since the day before he signed that 2yr deal.. Although he's injury prone I think he'd excel here.

roboninja 06-13-2013 02:59 PM

Gryba+4th? Yes please (even without the 4th).

Z.Smith? Yes please.

Wiercioch? Yes please.

OTT has plenty of what EDM needs.

OnTheBrink 06-13-2013 03:17 PM

I would do something around

Hemsky + Musil/Gernat

for

Wiercioch + O'brien

or

Hemsky + Musil/Gernat + ana 2nd

Wiercioch + Z. Smith

would prefer the second trade but don't know if enough for Ott

Kezia 06-13-2013 03:20 PM

Da Costa is the most I would offer for Hemsky.

Lehner 06-13-2013 03:20 PM

I would do Z. Smith.

Not Gryba or Wier.

Vdhawan89 06-13-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheBrink (Post 67450299)
I would do something around

Hemsky + Musil/Gernat

for

Wiercioch + O'brien

or

Hemsky + Musil/Gernat + Ana 2nd

Wiercioch + Z. Smith

would prefer the second trade but don't know if enough for Ott

Why complicate things by adding 2 of our best D prospects? Keep it simple. Hemmer for Wiercioch. Add late round picks where necessary.

Kezia 06-13-2013 03:24 PM

Wiercioch for 1 year 42 games of Hemsky? :laugh: thats terrible for the Sens.

OnTheBrink 06-13-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 (Post 67450463)
Why complicate things by adding 2 of our best D prospects? Keep it simple. Hemmer for Wiercioch. Add late round picks where necessary.

I meant one of Musil or Gernat, Who I think might have higher ceilings then Wiercioch, but are a couple years behind him in development.

I would for sure do Hemmer for Wier but think would have to sweeten pot a bit for Ott.

Lehner 06-13-2013 03:31 PM

Z.Smith for Hemsky +

Smiths contract is awesome, im not sure what EDM can add.

stempniaksen 06-13-2013 03:48 PM

Z.Smith + J.O'Brien

for

A.Hemsky + 3rd round pick

Dysentery 06-13-2013 03:54 PM

Again???

If Ottawa trades for him I'll become an Oilers fan.

Joey Moss 06-13-2013 03:57 PM

I would be very pleased with Zack Smith. Would be a perfect fit here.

SephF 06-13-2013 04:02 PM

I hate the idea of trading Hemsky because every single possibility the Oilers are giving up the better player. It's a shame.

Sureves 06-13-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lehner (Post 67450907)
Z.Smith for Hemsky +

Smiths contract is awesome, im not sure what EDM can add.

I'm OK with Smith for Hemsky straight up. Seems like a trade which addresses both teams' needs.

Lehner 06-13-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureves (Post 67452375)
I'm OK with Smith for Hemsky straight up. Seems like a trade which addresses both teams' needs.

Hemsky is overpaid and a UFA at season's end, I feel like we should receive a little bit of insurance on this trade.

While Smith is on a great contract for four more years.

Thats my only problem with Hemsky straight up.

Mika Zibanejad 06-13-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lehner (Post 67450429)
I would do Z. Smith.

Not Gryba or Wier.

Heres our D - Core

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - UFA
Phillips -

Borowieki - Wiercioch - Gryba - Benoit.

One of Wierd or Gryba has to leave and since we already have methot and cowen, a player of Grybs abilitiy is expendable, if you would do smith we would run Spezza, Turris, Zibby - Pageau, if spezza gets injured and pageau starts to play like he is not ready yet for the nhl were ****ed .

Thats why i'd rather do (DaCosta / Gryba) + Mid Pick for Hemsky, we lose players that wont cost us, and we gain a player that will instantly make our team better

Lehner 06-13-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senz (Post 67452545)
Heres our D - Core

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - UFA
Phillips -

One of Wierd or Gryba has to leave and since we already have methot and cowen, a player of Grybs abilitiy is expendable, if you would do smith we would run Spezza, Turris, Zibby - Pageau, if spezza gets injured and pageau starts to play like he is not ready yet for the nhl were ****ed .

Thats why i'd rather do (DaCosta / Gryba) + Mid Pick for Hemsky, we lose players that wont cost us, and we gain a player that will instantly make our team better

I would trade Borowiecki then, hes worse then both Wier or Gryba. Not a fan of his game at all.

Injuries happen in a season this is my defense going into next year,

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Phillips
Wier/Benoit - Gryba
Wier/Benoit

Maybe at the deadline we can find a "FA" defense ur talking about but there arent any available right now that interest me at all for the 3-4 spot.

Trading Z.Smith may hurt a little but I think it can be overcome by Spezza, Turris, Zibby, Pageau, Hoffman, Grant, O'Brien.

Trafalgar Law 06-13-2013 04:20 PM

Zack Smith seems to be the consensus here.

Dysentery 06-13-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senz (Post 67452545)
Heres our D - Core

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - UFA
Phillips -

Grybas not going anywhere.

Borowieki is the Captian in Bingo. He will stay in Bingo unless injuries.

Wiercioch is replacing Gonchar.

so ya, no Defenceman has to go anywhere.