HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Eskimos: Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread: Eskies 1-3 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1447599)

s7ark 06-14-2013 11:35 PM

Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread: Eskies 1-3

Last thread closing in on 1000

A few posts:

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 67486309)
Chris O'Leary ‏@olearychris 17m
#eskimos and #riders will play at Shell Place in fort mcmurray, expected completion in late 2014/early 2015. Will be a beautiful venue. #cfl

Chris O'Leary ‏@olearychris 22m
The #eskimos will host the #riders on June 15 2015 in fort mcmurray for a #cfl preseason game. pic.twitter.com/WZRrxO8GNi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chooch (Post 67498767)
I know Nichols is starting tonight but i wonder if Reilly will start during the second half? Since he was pretty much our biggest acquirement next to Odell Willis, it would make more sense to start him for the first pre-season game because i am sure many people want a glimpse, especially since it's a home game. Instead, Reilly is starting against his former team. I'm pretty sure the Lions know him way too well, Kavis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 402 (Post 67501409)
Yay foooball

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerTyler (Post 67501919)
Nichols injured already

Quote:

Originally Posted by 402 (Post 67501949)
Matt Nichols injured its apparently a knee injury that was fast
In comes Reilly
Not the same leg though

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerTyler (Post 67502595)
Looks like this game will be a stinker

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240SX93 (Post 67502693)
I have season tickets and always give my preseason tickets away to a family who can't afford to go, unfortunately its usually bad football

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240SX93 (Post 67502839)
I retract that comment now :sarcasm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Dad (Post 67504357)
So what's his nickname now? Matt Nicks? Splat Nichols?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 240SX93 (Post 67504433)
really liking what jacory harris has done at qb, looks like he has potential

OilerTyler 06-14-2013 11:56 PM

Hahaha what an ending

DrDrai 06-14-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerTyler (Post 67505639)
Hahaha what an ending

best part are the rider fans and bench celebrating like they won the grey cup :sarcasm:

402 06-14-2013 11:58 PM

Pretty exciting game for pre season but Its ok pre season doesn't mean a thing

Chooch 06-15-2013 12:13 AM

Yawnz.... Is pre-season over yet? :sarcasm:

Replacement 06-15-2013 12:17 AM

Crompton looked good at QB. Like to see more of him. Gots super composure. As per usual receiving core sucks no matter who is in at QB.
Recievers not coming to ball, not fighting for ball, 2 TD's against today the result of receivers not being tough to the ball. Same old same old as last year. Doesn't matter who is chucking.

Gotta say it too. Dobson Collins? WTF? This guy is beyond useless. Cut.

Carter? Lame. Note he's the guy that doesn't react to tipped ball, puts one hand on the rider and flat out lets him go for a TD. Why Carter is even in camp after a disaster of a season last year is anybodies guess. He's hopeless, get rid of him. Total weak link. Worst receiver I've seen in years which is saying a lot here.

Gant? **** right off. Perfect pass and you tip it in the air allowing a TD against. Just go home. Don't want to see you again. Rank amateurs.

New season but again lose a game due to one of the weakest receiver packs in the league. Outside of Sweeney on one play this was flat out lame. No targets to throw to.

Meanwhile Carr, A better receiver than anybody but Fred stamps, gets 100 yds against us. Who say that coming? Oh me, when we prematurely released him.

Nichols? Oh boy.

Beyond pathetic return game. These are the guys I'm reading so much about that are going to bring glory to out return game? Sure.

Gonna be a long year. Hopefully D can win half the games..

Almost impossible to watch this club.

Moonlapse Vertigo 06-15-2013 12:24 AM

Vintage Eskimos loss.

Moonlapse Vertigo 06-15-2013 12:25 AM

The receiving core is woeful. Hervey's got his work cut out for him. Outside of Stamps there isn't a playmaker in the bunch.

MoneyGuy 06-15-2013 12:26 AM

Way to over react to a meaningless preseason game.

Moonlapse Vertigo 06-15-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug 1m
Not much of an update from Kavis on Nichols. Lower body, will see if it settles down tonite and evaluate again tomorrow. Same for Moore
Hopefully, Nichols is okay.

Moonlapse Vertigo 06-15-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoneyGuy (Post 67506387)

This loss reminded me of the loss to the Stampeders in the pre-season last year. It's just pre-season, sure, but it might be a bad omen.

Replacement 06-15-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

What do you want me to say? Theres 3 Receivers in the lineup that are ****ing beyond useless which was already established last season. Why bring them back for another round of useless.

The reason I'm talking about this is its carbon copy of the lame ass recievers we had in the lineup last year. If theres any area other than QB I would expect the team to improve in its receivers. So they trot out this lame ass receiver pack for the home crowd.

Glad I couldn't go.

Chooch 06-15-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Meaningless in terms of points, but it plays a huge part in constructing the official roster and gives us a glimpse at what we have at our disposal, and evidently, it's not very much.

Replacement 06-15-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chooch (Post 67506535)
Meaningless in terms of points, but it plays a huge part in constructing the official roster and gives us a glimpse at what we have at our disposal, and evidently, it's not very much.

This guy would think he spotted gold if you took a dump on center field. He'd find the bright lining in a 36-1 loss.

Eskimo apologist at work.

Receiving core sucked last year and we have 3 of the worst offenders returning this year. Again why? Does any Eskimo fan anywhere need to be seeing more of Gant, Carter, and Collins? Does anybody think these are players?

Replacement 06-15-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo (Post 67506357)
The receiving core is woeful. Hervey's got his work cut out for him. Outside of Stamps there isn't a playmaker in the bunch.

There isn't a receiver other than Stamps that a QB can trust in the bunch. half these guys act like they've never caught a football before. In Carters case pretty close to being accurate..

How on Earth Carter is playing on a pro football team is anybodies guess. Absolutely talentless, can't catch a ball, no speed, no size, no moves, can't get open. Why is he here? Fill?

Chooch 06-15-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 67506613)
This guy would think he spotted gold if you took a dump on center field. He'd find the bright lining in a 36-1 loss.

Eskimo apologist at work.

Receiving core sucked last year and we have 3 of the worst offenders returning this year. Again why? Does any Eskimo fan anywhere need to be seeing more of Gant, Carter, and Collins? Does anybody think these are players?

I felt sorry for each QB that came in. The fact that Jacory Harris of all QB's had to score a touch-down himself speaks volumes.

Replacement 06-15-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chooch (Post 67506883)
I felt sorry for each QB that came in. The fact that Jacory Harris of all QB's had to score a touch-down himself speaks volumes.

Yeah, its kind of cruel. A guy like Crompton comes in and it might be his last chance at pro ball and he's trying to make something happen all by himself, putting it all on the line all by himself and we get a guy out on the flat making him look bad and another, Lewis, that flat out drops a TD pass.

I love Cromptons enthusiasm, Jacory as well, but you gotta feels sorry for them.

I am the Liquor 06-15-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo (Post 67506357)

Huh? What starters were even in the game?

I thought Jacory Harris looked very promising. I think he could be the best of the bunch.

402 06-15-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

My thoughts exactly
some of you guys are hammering the team after one meaningless game
Our good D were not playing our good RB was not playingnand our good reciever(s) were not playing and 4 different QBs were in the game. I'm excited about the team this year: why you crush my hopes :rant:

Replacement 06-15-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 402 (Post 67507953)
My thoughts exactly
some of you guys are hammering the team after one meaningless game
Our good D were not playing our good RB was not playingnand our good reciever(s) were not playing and 4 different QBs were in the game. I'm excited about the team this year: why you crush my hopes :rant:

Most of the starting D was in. All the QB's were in. Special teams were in. Some of the Receivers that were starting end of last year were in. For instance Carter, Collins, Gant.

Thing is we're not much better than this with our starting players in. Excepting Fred Stamps. Other than Fred stamps, and maybe Chambers in a few years we don't have good receivers if Bowman isn't ready.

402 06-15-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 67507981)
Most of the starting D was in. All the QB's were in. Special teams were in. Some of the Receivers that were starting end of last year were in. For instance Carter, Collins, Gant.

Thing is we're not much better than this with our starting players in. Excepting Fred Stamps. Other than Fred stamps, and maybe Chambers in a few years we don't have good receivers if Bowman isn't ready.

Recievers seem to be a weak point ATM but anything can happen in this league so i remain optimistic
Team didn't look too good today but gotta wait and see
Fact is todays game was more focused on evaluating

Moonlapse Vertigo 06-15-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones 3m
Eskimos head coach Kavis Reed, in his third CFL season, has yet to win a pre-season game. Now 0-5.
Not that pre-season matters or anything... I just find this funny.

Kyle McMahon 06-15-2013 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 67507843)
Huh? What starters were even in the game?

Basically none. The receivers that are getting put through the ringer in here are probably fighting for the #6 spot on the depth chart. Not sure why people are getting in a flap over unspectacular performances. Stamps, Bowman, Koch, Chambers, and Coehoorn all have spots pretty much locked up over the likes of Collins and Carter. But hey, why not fly off the handle over preseason game #1?

RKD 06-15-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 67507981)
Some of the Receivers that were starting end of last year were in. For instance Carter, Collins, Gant.

What? I don't think so.

GatoradeG* 06-15-2013 02:47 AM

My interest in the Eskimos has been decreasing each year for a couple of years now and I think I'm at the point where it's just pointless to watch such a pathetic team/management/ownership. Despite the Oilers being not much better as of late, at least I enjoy watching hockey. Football is kind of boring to me, especially with the product they put on the field. I never expect them to hold a lead; I never expect them to win. I don't even expect them to be competitive.