HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Prospect Info: HF Mock Draft 25th Overall (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1447625)

-DeMo- 06-15-2013 12:06 AM

HF Mock Draft 25th Overall

greetings Canadiens fans, I've thought a cool idea for this draft would be to do a mock draft by going through each team forum in order of there pick in the first round and poll who they would take. whoever gets the most votes gets picked. and is taken off the list for the next team. with the 24th overall pick the Canucks took Morin with the other results just below. I'm hoping that by going through each team's forum I would get a better idea of who there team might select since those fans should know the most about there teams, so given the circumstances who would the Canadiens select 25th overall?

Picks so Far:

Avalanche: Seth Jones
Panthers: Nathan Mackinnon
Lightning: Jonathon Drouin
Predators: Aleksander Barkov
Hurricanes: Sean Monahan
Flames: Elias Lindholm
Oilers: Valeri Nichushkin
Sabres: Rasmus Ristolainen
Devils: Hunter Shinkaruk
Stars: Alexander Wennberg
Flyers: Darnell Nurse
Coyotes: Max Domi
Jets: Frederik Gauthier
BlueJackets: Bo Horvat
Islanders: Nikita Zadorov
Sabres: Adam Erne
Senators: Andre Burakovsky
Red Wings: Valentin Zykov
Blue Jackets: Ryan Pulock
Sharks: Anthony Mantha
Leafs: Curtis Lazar
Flames: Josh Morrissey
Capitals: Ryan Hartman
Canucks: Samuel Morin

after I go through all 30 picks of the first round I will post the results in the prospect section.

I also ask that I'm looking to poll Canadiens fans so if your not a Canadiens fan and just browsing I ask that you refrain from voting thanks.

also Mods I realize you guys have a prospects thread but this type of thing needs to be done in a poll so I ask that you don't delete/merge the thread to allow me to continue thanks

Ezpz 06-15-2013 12:11 AM

I voted Mueller. I feel other guys I'd want more would be available at 34 and 36 but Mueller would not.

Roulin 06-15-2013 12:20 AM

With Gauthier, Zykov and Mantha long gone, voted Lehkonen. Maximum upside. Don't worry, there will be good large players available at 34 & 36 :)

Jee 06-15-2013 12:24 AM

Drouin or bust.

PricerStopDaPuck 06-15-2013 12:26 AM

We want rychel boys!

Chris Cutter 06-15-2013 12:31 AM

Voted for Klimchuk because:

Shawn Wilken 06-15-2013 12:34 AM

Voted Rychel.

Great idea, -DeMo-.

hogtownhabsfan* 06-15-2013 12:35 AM

Rychel is BPA and fills a need as a goal scoring winger with grit and size.

I'd be tempted to reach for upside though. Perhaps, Bowey, perhaps Petan, perhaps Klimchuk.

WeThreeKings 06-15-2013 12:56 AM

Mirco Mueller.

6'3 Swiss Defender getting used to NA ice. Can skate the puck, move the puck, shoot the puck, good defensively, good hockey IQ, active stick, uses his frame to separate bodies from pucks.

He's a less polished version of Ristolainen.

Erik Estrada 06-15-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ezpz (Post 67507429)
I voted Mueller. I feel other guys I'd want more would be available at 34 and 36 but Mueller would not.

Voted Rychel for same reason. In consideration of the guys I expect other HFBoards posters to pick before our early 2nd...

Naoned 06-15-2013 05:45 AM

Rychel for me please.

GRECOHAB 06-15-2013 06:51 AM

If indeed this is how things go, as far as the draft selections until we pick 25th, then i would seriously consider trading the 25th overall to SJS for the 47th, 51st and 60th overall (3 late second rounders). I would then draft:

34th overall: Ian McCoshen
36th overall: Emile Poirier
47th overall: Michael McCarron
51st overall: Jordan Subban
55th overall: Justin Bailey
60th overall: Jacob De la Rose

...not bad dont you think?

Habs Icing 06-15-2013 06:54 AM

With my limited scouting & knowledge I voted for

Emile Poirier

Stripper 06-15-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRECOHAB (Post 67510863)
If indeed this is how things go, as far as the draft selections until we pick 25th, then i would seriously consider trading the 25th overall to SJS for the 47th, 51st and 60th overall (3 late second rounders). I would then draft:

This would be pretty cool :O!

HabsSlappy 06-15-2013 07:48 AM

I was a little torn between Rychel and Klimchuk, but ended up going with Klimchuk just because I think he has higher upside. But I would be happy with Rychel, Klimchuk, McCarron or Mueller here.

I can't believe Morrissey went 22nd. the right move here would have been to trade up and grab Morrissey.

Jabba11 06-15-2013 08:09 AM

Don't like the outcomes at all. But went with Kerby Rychel b/c BPA.

boredmale 06-15-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba11 (Post 67511619)
Don't like the outcomes at all. But went with Kerby Rychel b/c BPA.

My guess is in the real draft anywhere from 2-4 of the picks listed above will still be available(Probably guys from the 16-24 range). This is the point you have to decide do you want solid but unspectacular players who might have 2nd line/2nd pairing upside at best or go for more boom/bust picks that can backfire but get a solid payoff if they pan out.

I might argue Fucale might have the best high end potential/reaching that potential left on the board

L4br3cqu3 06-15-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRECOHAB (Post 67510863)

Would love to get those 3 picks, and aside Subban, I'd be pleased with all of them.

Marc the Habs Fan 06-15-2013 08:55 AM

The draft playing out this way is one of my fears. No premium forwards left. But I'm not surprised, HF typically goes for the forwards in mocks and it never really plays out that way in real life.

I'd really look to trade down, even if it's just 2-3 picks down, to add another pick.

I like Mueller, McCoshen, McCarron and wouldn't be devastated with Rychel if we got a pick out of it. But I'm not attached to any of them.

Want no part of Fucale or Hagg in the 1st.

Think Klimchuk, Petan, Poirier, Dauphin, Bowey and Lehkonen are far better value early 2nd.

Mueller is the highest one on my list, so I would go with him. WTK described him well. He would complete our D pool nicely. We don't have a solid all-around 2-way defenceman with size and strong mobility like him.

boredmale 06-15-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 67512207)
Think Klimchuk, Petan, Poirier, Dauphin, Bowey and Lehkonen are far better value early 2nd.

Just my guess but this is the point guys like Petan and Klimchuk are going to start looking really sexy for teams looking to hit a homerun. They might not be around by 34

Pax Macioretty 06-15-2013 10:57 AM

Might as well be THE team that every season reaches for a potential top 6 power forward ala Lucic. McCarron for me. The guy I want is Morin though.

HiggsBozon 06-15-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 67512207)
The draft playing out this way is one of my fears. No premium forwards left. But I'm not surprised, HF typically goes for the forwards in mocks and it never really plays out that way in real life.

I'd really look to trade down, even if it's just 2-3 picks down, to add another pick.

I like Mueller, McCoshen, McCarron and wouldn't be devastated with Rychel if we got a pick out of it. But I'm not attached to any of them.

Want no part of Fucale or Hagg in the 1st.

Mueller is the highest one on my list, so I would go with him. WTK described him well. He would complete our D pool nicely. We don't have a solid all-around 2-way defenceman with size and strong mobility like him.

How does Mueller compare to Klefbom from the Oilers?

TinordiandSubban 06-15-2013 11:06 AM

Big Mike McCarron...and be glad to get him! Going to be a mighty weapon once the Hunters bring out his mean streak. Seems like a really smart nice kid, hope he learns to like hurting people.

Morin at 24 would be maddening though. So close.

Seb 06-15-2013 11:14 AM

Votes Shea Theodore for the lulz

Draft 06-15-2013 11:16 AM

Justin Bailey. Just has WAY more potential than the rest of the guys on the board to be a game-changing forward. He may not be on the same level now, but I think he's got what it takes to get to the next level.

If I don't go with him, it's Mirco Mueller. He should be top-20.