HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Phaneuf 11th in Norris voting (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1448473)

The Apologist 06-16-2013 09:51 PM

Phaneuf 11th in Norris voting
 
Seems I lost my Avatar bet (I said he'd be top ten) but hey, not bad for a guy who's not even a number one d.

Those ahead:
Subban, Suter, Letang, beauchemin, Chara, Keith, OEL, weber, doughty, kronwall.

LMFAO 06-16-2013 09:57 PM

gotta be a total dumbass to say Phaneuf isnt a number one D

The Apologist 06-16-2013 10:11 PM

There are a few of those here. Still hear 'trade Phaneuf' more often than not.

Jackothy 06-16-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Apologist (Post 67576397)
Seems I lost my Avatar bet (I said he'd be top ten) but hey, not bad for a guy who's not even a number one d.

Those ahead:
Subban, Suter, Letang, beauchemin, Chara, Keith, OEL, weber, doughty, kronwall.

I'd say that's some pretty good company....might have him above kronwall as well.

The Apologist 06-16-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsOurGame (Post 67577157)
I'd say that's some pretty good company....might have him above kronwall as well.

He wasn't far behind. Nice to see Beauchemin up there too.

bshaw 06-16-2013 10:19 PM

Other than kronwall and beauch they're all stud Olympic calibre D. Good DMen to be associated with

Duke Silver 06-16-2013 10:20 PM

Anyone have the full list?

The Apologist 06-16-2013 10:21 PM

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1448005

TheLeastOfTheBunch 06-16-2013 10:23 PM

He had a great regular season. Looked a bit off in the playoffs.

Get him a legit #2. Was hard seeing him alongside plugs like Holzer, Kostka, etc.

Phion Keneuf 06-16-2013 10:29 PM

Overpaid pylon. 6.5 mil for 11th best Dman?

Trade this knuckle headed caveman.

Duffman955 06-16-2013 10:31 PM

Looks like real hockey people think Phaneuf is a legit #1Dman

If you read these boards you would think he is comparable to Redden. What intelligent posters we have.

Jtabo 06-16-2013 10:57 PM

I love how I got tore a new one when I mentioned him as a good bet to make the Canadian Olympic team. This list would suggest he is a top 7 Canadian d man.

Guy Boucher 06-16-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Apologist (Post 67577243)
He wasn't far behind. Nice to see Beauchemin up there too.

Beauch was good in Toronto too. Toronto fans are just merciless on their defenseman though.

DD03 06-16-2013 11:01 PM

Awesome to see. People can shut up about Dion now. Thanks.

Daisy Jane 06-16-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Boucher (Post 67578447)
Beauch was good in Toronto too. Toronto fans are just merciless on their defenseman though.

i agree, it tends to go like this

Goaltenders (unless you REALLY suck, see Toskala)
Forwards




Defensemen.
i think the last defenseman that no one had a real problem with was Yuskevitch.

Grant 06-16-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtabo (Post 67578443)
I love how I got tore a new one when I mentioned him as a good bet to make the Canadian Olympic team. This list would suggest he is a top 7 Canadian d man.

A lot of good canadian defensemen, probably comes down to who had the best camp for those 6/7 spots. Being healthy will also play a big part in making the team or not. I could see him making it, but I also won't be saying he got ripped off if he doesn't.

DD03 06-16-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Joy (Post 67578551)
i agree, it tends to go like this

Goaltenders (unless you REALLY suck, see Toskala)
Forwards




Defensemen.
i think the last defenseman that no one had a real problem with was Yuskevitch.

People are hard on Reimer.. Forwards get the most slack.

ULF_55 06-16-2013 11:26 PM

Top 10 for the past 4 votes
Weber and Chara every year. Others come in and out of the top 10, and are good defenders and there are quite a few good defenders.

2012-2013 James Norris Memorial Trophy Voting
1 Subban P.K. MTL 1266 66 56 35 12 3
2 Suter Ryan MIN 1230 65 54 34 8 8
3 Letang Kris PIT 914 31 37 42 39 18
4 Beauchemin Francois ANA 290 1 6 20 33 39
5 Chara Zdeno BOS 289 10 9 16 8 22
6 Keith Duncan CHI 281 1 8 16 36 27
7 Ekman-Larsson Oliver PHO 79 3 1 2 8 8
8 Weber Shea NSH 49 0 1 4 5 7
9 Doughty Drew LA 43 0 1 2 7 5
10 Kronwall Niklas DET 33 0 2 1 3 5
11 Phaneuf Dion TOR 28 0 1 1 4 4

2011-2012 Norris Trophy Voting
Pts. ( 1st-2nd-3rd-4th-5th)
1. Erik Karlsson, OTT 1,069 (66-31-32-9-5)
2. Shea Weber, NSH 1,057 (49-54-32-9-2)
3. Zdeno Chara, BOS 950 (32-48-47-19-2)
4. Alex Pietrangelo, STL 381 (0-7-20-68-28)
5. Nicklas Lidstrom, DET 132 (0-5-4-16-29)
6. Dan Girardi, NYR 70 (2-0-4-6-12)
7. Brian Campbell, FLA 58 (0-2-2-6-16)
8. Ryan Suter, NSH 57 (0-1-3-5-20)
9. Kris Letang, PIT 40 (0-0-4-3-11)
10. Dan Hamhuis, VAN 21 (0-1-0-3-5)

2010-2011 Norris Trophy Voting
Pts. ( 1st-2nd-3rd-4th-5th)
1 Nicklas Lidstrom DET 736 35 23 34 15 10
2 Shea Weber NSH 727 32 41 14 14 8
3 Zdeno Chara BOS 688 33 24 24 20 10
4 Lubomir Visnovsky ANA 573 20 20 26 28 19
5 Keith Yandle PHO 312 5 10 17 25 32
6 Kris Letang PIT 144 2 3 9 12 22
7 Dustin Byfuglien ATL 33 0 2 1 3 5
8 Christian Ehrhoff VAN 28 0 0 1 6 5
9 Duncan Keith CHI 24 0 1 1 3 3
10 Matt Carle PHI 8 0 1 0 0 1

2009-2010 Norris Trophy Voting
Pts. ( 1st-2nd-3rd-4th-5th)
1 Zdeno Chara BOS 1034 68 36 18 4 0
2 Mike Green WSH 982 50 53 19 4 4
3 Nicklas Lidstrom DET 733 14 34 58 19 8
4 Shea Weber NSH 186 0 4 11 25 28
5 Dan Boyle SJ 173 0 2 4 38 25
6 Duncan Keith CHI 95 0 2 4 14 19
7 Andrei Markov MTL 95 0 1 9 10 13
8 Mark Streit NYI 29 0 0 1 5 9
9 Brian Rafalski DET 27 1 0 0 4 5
10 Scott Niedermayer ANA 27 0 0 3 2 6
16. Dion Phaneuf, TOR 3 (0-0-0-1-0)

2008-2009 Norris Trophy Voting
# Player Team PTS 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
1 Zdeno Chara BOS 1034 68 36 18 4 0
2 Mike Green WSH 982 50 53 19 4 4
3 Nicklas Lidstrom DET 733 14 34 58 19 8
4 Shea Weber NSH 186 0 4 11 25 28
5 Dan Boyle SJ 173 0 2 4 38 25
6 Duncan Keith CHI 95 0 2 4 14 19
7 Andrei Markov MTL 95 0 1 9 10 13
8 Mark Streit NYI 29 0 0 1 5 9
9 Brian Rafalski DET 27 1 0 0 4 5
10 Scott Niedermayer ANA 27 0 0 3 2 6
11 Dennis Wideman BOS 24 0 0 2 3 5
12 Dion Phaneuf CGY 17 0 0 2 2 1
13 Sheldon Souray EDM 16 0 1 1 1 1
14 Jay Bouwmeester FLA 9 0 0 1 0 4
15 Kimmo Timonen PHI 8 0 0 0 1 5
16 Brian Campbell CHI 3 0 0 0 1 0

The Apologist 06-16-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 67579169)
Top 10 for the past 4 votes
Weber and Chara every year. Others come in and out of the top 10, and are good defenders and there are quite a few good defenders

Yup, turns out the guy we have ain't too shabby

7even 06-16-2013 11:41 PM

Yikes, super underrated year.

TMLife 06-16-2013 11:43 PM

Man what a plug. Couldn't even crack the top 10.

Haha but seriously that's great! All the haters get ******

Geese_Howard* 06-16-2013 11:44 PM

There's a article online how when beauchemin was traded back to Anaheim his confidence was shot and Carlyle was shocked at what rn Wilson was teaching. He said it took him 3 weeks to unteach him all of Wilson's crap

DD03 06-16-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geese_Howard (Post 67579595)
There's a article online how when beauchemin was traded back to Anaheim his confidence was shot and Carlyle was shocked at what rn Wilson was teaching. He said it took him 3 weeks to unteach him all of Wilson's crap

He said that he's never seen a player lose as much confidence as Beauchemin did. He said coaching him in Anaheim before he went to the Leafs was miles apart different in terms of confidence on and off the ice.. Brutal.

wulfio* 06-16-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMFAO (Post 67576623)
gotta be a total dumbass to say Phaneuf isnt a number one D

#1 dman is a relative term. ya there's a bunch in the NHL. #1 dman on a stanley cup caliber team? There's not nearly as many...

ponder 06-17-2013 01:39 AM

11th seems about right.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.