HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Philly-Vancouver (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1449073)

JayRosehillforMVP 06-17-2013 10:20 PM

Philly-Vancouver
 
Edler+Kassian for Couturier, Coburn, Read, 11th overall, and a 2nd (or 2014 1st?)
Vancouver gets younger at the expense of two very good players. Flyers use their depth to upgrade Coburn to Edler, and get bigger+tougher up front from Read to Kassian. Laughton takes Couturier's spot as 3C. Is this far off? Just for fun. No need to get mad if it is.

StringerBell 06-17-2013 10:22 PM

Too much going on. I think it's good value for Vancouver, but it's a bit much to consider for me.

Frozen Failure 06-17-2013 10:23 PM

Not enough from Vancouver imo...

Vankiller Whale 06-17-2013 10:24 PM

Too much quantity for quality imo. Valuewise it might even favour us, but it doesn't make much sense for us.

sobrien 06-17-2013 10:25 PM

should we send Giroux, LeSean McCoy, and a few cheesesteaks too?

ZKass The Bass 06-17-2013 10:26 PM

No from Vancouver

Devonator 06-17-2013 10:26 PM

A big no from the Flyers...Kassian is next to worthless and you are not getting that much for Elder...no thanks!

flyershockey 06-17-2013 10:27 PM

Way too much leaving the roster to make a move like this. I'm not going to get into a value battle, but the Flyers don't have enough organizational depth to lose that much NHL talent at one time.

Confound 06-17-2013 10:30 PM

Overpayment by the Flyers.

hockeyfreak7 06-17-2013 10:30 PM

Having a hard time seeing how Vancouver fans are turning this down. It's atrocious for the Flyers.

Let's just say Read+2nd is equal to Kassian for the sake of the discussion here. That leaves Couturier+Coburn+11th overall for Edler? Seriously?

JayRosehillforMVP 06-17-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyershockey (Post 67625825)
Way too much leaving the roster to make a move like this. I'm not going to get into a value battle, but the Flyers don't have enough organizational depth to lose that much NHL talent at one time.

I explained why we would have the depth in the OP. Plus, considering our young core it's not as if we'd be declining anytime soon.


A lot of people are missing that I'm a Flyers fan hahahah. Adding Edler at the expense of Coburn would make our D a strength for the time being IMO.

tuckrr 06-17-2013 10:35 PM

Take out couturier, throw 2014 1st in.

As is: no chance

Phillyfan28 06-17-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringBackBob (Post 67626069)
I explained why we would have the depth in the OP. Plus, considering our young core it's not as if we'd be declining anytime soon.


A lot of people are missing that I'm a Flyers fan hahahah. Adding Edler at the expense of Coburn would make our D a strength for the time being IMO.

This trade is horrible for the Flyers

flyershockey 06-17-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringBackBob (Post 67626069)
I explained why we would have the depth in the OP. Plus, considering our young core it's not as if we'd be declining anytime soon.


A lot of people are missing that I'm a Flyers fan hahahah. Adding Edler at the expense of Coburn would make our D a strength for the time being IMO.

Roster this year as it stands:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Schenn-Simmonds
Gagne(likely)-Couturier-McGinn
Rinaldo-Laughton-Talbot

Timonen-Schenn
Streit-Coburn
Gus/Mez-Grossmann

After the trade:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Kassian-Schenn-Simmonds
Gagne-Laughton-McGinn
Rinaldo-Talbot-?

Timonen-Edler
Streit-Schenn
Gus/Mez-Grossmann

I'm not sure that's a better roster in the short term or in the long run since we're losing the 11th and another pick. We just don't have the depth in the minors, on the wings in particular, to make a move of that magnitude.

y2kcanucks 06-17-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 (Post 67626005)
Having a hard time seeing how Vancouver fans are turning this down. It's atrocious for the Flyers.

Let's just say Read+2nd is equal to Kassian for the sake of the discussion here. That leaves Couturier+Coburn+11th overall for Edler? Seriously?

This.

No idea why some Canuck fans are turning this down, it's absolutely lopsided in our favour. Some people just need to realize that Zack Kassian isn't Cam Neely.

Wiqkid* 06-17-2013 10:39 PM

ROFL that is atrocious for the Flyers. Lmao at the Vancouver fans saying no. Smh

cheesesteak 06-17-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringBackBob (Post 67626069)
I explained why we would have the depth in the OP. Plus, considering our young core it's not as if we'd be declining anytime soon.


A lot of people are missing that I'm a Flyers fan hahahah. Adding Edler at the expense of Coburn would make our D a strength for the time being IMO.

So are you saying that you are trying to trade Couturier, 2013 11th overall, Read, and a 2014 2nd(maybe a first) for Kassian?

I'm confused and can't believe nucks fans turned this down :amazed:

CanucksSayEh 06-17-2013 10:45 PM

I fear I wouldn't be able to catch my breath in time from laughing so hard to say PLEASE GOD YES!

Mason10 06-17-2013 10:46 PM

Where do I sign?!

Vankiller Whale 06-17-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 (Post 67626005)
Having a hard time seeing how Vancouver fans are turning this down. It's atrocious for the Flyers.

Let's just say Read+2nd is equal to Kassian for the sake of the discussion here. That leaves Couturier+Coburn+11th overall for Edler? Seriously?

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 67626489)
This.

No idea why some Canuck fans are turning this down, it's absolutely lopsided in our favour. Some people just need to realize that Zack Kassian isn't Cam Neely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiqkid (Post 67626587)
Oh and BTW, this is the worst trade I've ever seen. Still laughing at the Canucks fans saying no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesesteak (Post 67626699)
I'm confused and can't believe nucks fans turned this down :amazed:

What if we offered Philly Bieksa + 1st + Hansen + Tanev + 2nd for Voracek + Laughton?

Valuewise Philly should run away laughing, right? But of course, it just doesn't make sense for them to move a piece like Voracek in a deal like that.

JayRosehillforMVP 06-17-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyershockey (Post 67626421)
Roster this year as it stands:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Schenn-Simmonds
Gagne(likely)-Couturier-McGinn
Rinaldo-Laughton-Talbot

Timonen-Schenn
Streit-Coburn
Gus/Mez-Grossmann

After the trade:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Kassian-Schenn-Simmonds
Gagne-Laughton-McGinn
Rinaldo-Talbot-?

Timonen-Edler
Streit-Schenn
Gus/Mez-Grossmann

I'm not sure that's a better roster in the short term or in the long run since we're losing the 11th and another pick. We just wouldn't have the depth, on the wings in particular, to make a move of that magnitude.

I'd say Voracek/Hartnell/Simmonds/Kassian is a pretty good wing core. Mcginn and Cousins seem like they'll definitely be capable 3rd line wingers, and Akesons shown a lot of skill himself. Rinaldo+who cares on the 4th line.

Maybe it's too much going to Vancouver hahahah. Take out a bit from Philly or add from Vancouver. I thought it'd be a decent basis, however.

School of WristShot 06-17-2013 11:00 PM

Seems Philly's giving bit more but still No from canucks pov.
Thx Homer for reminding how much of a valuable asset we have in Edler today by giving Streit that idiotic contract. We'd rather bank on Edler becoming true #1 on a sweetheart deal.

hockeyfreak7 06-17-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 67626941)
What if we offered Philly Bieksa + 1st + Hansen + Tanev + 2nd for Voracek + Laughton?

Valuewise Philly should run away laughing, right? But of course, it just doesn't make sense for them to move a piece like Voracek in a deal like that.

Really man? Not even close to being close to being the same.

Which one of those pieces is Couturier supposed to be? Tanev? :laugh:

Vankiller Whale 06-17-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 (Post 67627677)
Really man? Not even close to being close to being the same.

Which one of those pieces is Couturier supposed to be? Tanev? :laugh:

I couldn't exactly make it a perfect comparison.

Bieksa > Coburn
24th < 11th
Hansen = Read
Tanev < Couturier
Edler > Voracek
Kassian = Laughton

DJOpus 06-17-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringBackBob (Post 67625465)
Edler+Kassian for Couturier, Coburn, Read, 11th overall, and a 2nd (or 2014 1st?)
Vancouver gets younger at the expense of two very good players. Flyers use their depth to upgrade Coburn to Edler, and get bigger+tougher up front from Read to Kassian. Laughton takes Couturier's spot as 3C. Is this far off? Just for fun. No need to get mad if it is.

I'd do it...make it a 2015 1st + 2014 3rd instead of 2nd/2014 1st.
(Canucks fan)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.