HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Blues Agree to Terms with Chorney (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1449489)

BigB 06-18-2013 05:29 PM

Blues Agree to Terms with Chorney

Blues Agree to Terms with Chorney
Defenseman Taylor Chorney has agreed to a one-year, two-way contract

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...edium=facebook

bleedblue1223 06-18-2013 05:31 PM

Guess Shatty is gone now. No need for him with Chorney's puck moving ability.

BlueDream 06-18-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 67658777)

Yeah luckily Philadelphia will offer us something good like Meszaros + a 4th, or just offer sheet him to get him off our hands.

Oberyn 06-18-2013 07:55 PM

Well, at least Armstrong is doing something.

HooliganX2 06-18-2013 07:58 PM

Are we even going to have enough spots in Chicago for our prospects and their own guys.

bleedblue1223 06-18-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 67664931)
Are we even going to have enough spots in Chicago for our prospects and their own guys.

Yes, there is a requirement that a certain amount of players have to be property of the NHL affiliate. I think the actual requirement limits the amount of AHL only guys, but it accomplishes the same thing.

Bluesman91 06-18-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 67658777)

Thank god, I mean Shatty is no Justin Schultz.

intangible 06-18-2013 08:40 PM

Guess when your club doesn't have anything else going on, anything gets a press release.

Daley Tarasenkshow 06-18-2013 10:33 PM

Why??

BlueDream 06-18-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by your jaskin too much (Post 67670897)
Why??

Because he can play in the AHL and is a call-up option? You need depth sir.

SirPaste 06-19-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig (Post 67664857)
Well, at least Armstrong is doing something.

Ah come on now, ill admit its my bday and im drunk right now but i feel like i can say in confidence if you think Army isnt in negotiations with Petro and Shatty right now your an idiot

Oberyn 06-19-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirPaste (Post 67677043)
Ah come on now, ill admit its my bday and im drunk right now but i feel like i can say in confidence if you think Army isnt in negotiations with Petro and Shatty right now your an idiot

No, I do believe Armstrong is in negotiations with the two, but until he actually gets them signed (along with Stewart and Berglund), he hasn't done anything.

intangible 06-19-2013 09:55 AM

Honestly, that's a ridiculous assertion. No doubt he's working hard to resign them, prepare for the draft, maybe trying to work a trade or two to get us a good draft pick and clear up the problems in net.

bleedblue1223 06-19-2013 10:14 AM

I seriously doubt Armstrong has just been twiddling his thumbs expecting the solutions will just fall in his lap. I feel like Blues fans always act like this because he is a patient GM, but in my opinion, Armstrong has never let us down. He has made moves to fix many of the problems that he inherited.

2 Minute Minor 06-19-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig (Post 67677907)
No, I do believe Armstrong is in negotiations with the two, but until he actually gets them signed (along with Stewart and Berglund), he hasn't done anything.

You give me the impression you've never negotiated a contract before (like in personal employment or on behalf of your business). Its a process. There won't be anything said about it publicly until they're nearly done and agreed to the terms. But to say that is "not doing anything" disrespects Armstrong's role (one which he's shown he's very adept at in recent years).

Oberyn 06-19-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor (Post 67686961)
You give me the impression you've never negotiated a contract before (like in personal employment or on behalf of your business). Its a process. There won't be anything said about it publicly until they're nearly done and agreed to the terms. But to say that is "not doing anything" disrespects Armstrong's role (one which he's shown he's very adept at in recent years).

I agree that it's a process, but until the signatures are on the paper nothing has been done in my eyes. That's just how I am, I want to see results. Are negotiations currently ongoing? I don't doubt it at all, but the reality is that our RFA's haven't been signed and July 5 is creeping up on us. Compare it to hockey, if a player dekes by every defender but doesn't manage to score, did he really do anything? No, he didn't register anything on the score sheet which is ultimately what matters. I will reiterate that I have complete faith in Armstrong, but I'm the type of guy that likes to see things set in stone.

Say, by chance, that Shattenkirk doesn't get signed and come July a team offer sheets him at 6.5 mil. We most likely will not match it and despite the compensation of picks, we lose a key cog in our defense making us a worse team for next season. Sure, Armstrong tried to sign him during the negotiation phase, but in the end he didn't. Should we commend Armstrong for negotiating with him? No, because at the end of the day, his attempts to sign Shattenkirk didn't succeed.

Again, people think I'm saying that Armstrong has just been sitting around watching Sportscenter all day, It's pretty clear to me that my definition of "doing something" is different than the rest of you. I prefer to see results, that's just my opinion. I'm not bashing Armstrong, I know he's the type of GM that handles his affairs patiently, but that's not going to change my viewpoint. People give Armstrong the benefit of the doubt due to his history, and I completely understand where you guys are coming from. My brain isn't wired that way. As far as I'm concerned, until Armstrong makes it public that our RFA's have been signed, he hasn't done anything in my eyes. You guys can argue with me all you want, you're not going to change how my brain works.

Rizzo90 06-19-2013 03:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLTEJQJqGik

Daley Tarasenkshow 06-19-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig (Post 67691257)
I agree that it's a process, but until the signatures are on the paper nothing has been done in my eyes. That's just how I am, I want to see results. Are negotiations currently ongoing? I don't doubt it at all, but the reality is that our RFA's haven't been signed and July 5 is creeping up on us. Compare it to hockey, if a player dekes by every defender but doesn't manage to score, did he really do anything? No, he didn't register anything on the score sheet which is ultimately what matters. I will reiterate that I have complete faith in Armstrong, but I'm the type of guy that likes to see things set in stone.

Say, by chance, that Shattenkirk doesn't get signed and come July a team offer sheets him at 6.5 mil. We most likely will not match it and despite the compensation of picks, we lose a key cog in our defense making us a worse team for next season. Sure, Armstrong tried to sign him during the negotiation phase, but in the end he didn't. Should we commend Armstrong for negotiating with him? No, because at the end of the day, his attempts to sign Shattenkirk didn't succeed.

Again, people think I'm saying that Armstrong has just been sitting around watching Sportscenter all day, It's pretty clear to me that my definition of "doing something" is different than the rest of you. I prefer to see results, that's just my opinion. I'm not bashing Armstrong, I know he's the type of GM that handles his affairs patiently, but that's not going to change my viewpoint. People give Armstrong the benefit of the doubt due to his history, and I completely understand where you guys are coming from. My brain isn't wired that way. As far as I'm concerned, until Armstrong makes it public that our RFA's have been signed, he hasn't done anything in my eyes. You guys can argue with me all you want, you're not going to change how my brain works.

Been saying that for months, trust me, it makes no difference. :)

bleedblue1223 06-19-2013 04:30 PM

I just wouldn't be surprised if Armstrong has been working on trades during this time. I'll hold my judgement until everything is settled.

BlueDream 06-19-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 67684661)
I seriously doubt Armstrong has just been twiddling his thumbs expecting the solutions will just fall in his lap. I feel like Blues fans always act like this because he is a patient GM, but in my opinion, Armstrong has never let us down. He has made moves to fix many of the problems that he inherited.

Yep, Armstrong is awesome. I have full confidence in him no matter what it is - from great negotiation skills, smart trades, smart free agent signings, good drafting, etc.

JustOneB4IDie 06-21-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDream (Post 67702085)
Yep, Armstrong is awesome. I have full confidence in him no matter what it is - from great negotiation skills, smart trades, smart free agent signings, good drafting, etc.

Spot on, thank you.