HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Goaltending 2013-14 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1449903)

Chewy63 06-19-2013 11:25 AM

Goaltending 2013-14

with all this Jonathan Bernier talk recently Im just wondering what Florida's goaltending situation is like for next year? Is it gonna be Markstrom and Clemmensen next year? Or will jose be back? think they target any goalie in free agency? Luongo? :laugh:

gudzilla 06-19-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy63 (Post 67687599)
with all this Jonathan Bernier talk recently Im just wondering what Florida's goaltending situation is like for next year? Is it gonna be Markstrom and Clemmensen next year? Or will jose be back? think they target any goalie in free agency? Luongo? :laugh:

if luongo get bought out i can see clemmensen being shipped cheap and luongo signing cheap to be ahead of markström a few years and then taking the back-up role when he's bit older

he got a reason to sign in florida

other than that, most likely clemmer/markström unless theo gets resigned and clememr shipped :)

SoupyFIN 06-19-2013 11:38 AM

Markstrom/Clemmensen or Markstrom/Theodore.

Depending on if Clemmer gets moved (or bought out).

Lu's ship sailed already last summer, Vancouver had the chance back then and Tallon showed interested, but they were asking for the moon. Now with the emerge of Markstrom, we have no interest what so ever to have a 6.7 million mentor/backup.

Montsy14 06-19-2013 03:00 PM

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 22m
The 5 teams I believe are in the mix, to varying degrees, on Jonathan Bernier: Florida, Minny, Philly, Tor and NYI...

gudzilla 06-19-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montsy14 (Post 67697233)
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 22m
The 5 teams I believe are in the mix, to varying degrees, on Jonathan Bernier: Florida, Minny, Philly, Tor and NYI...

i guess GMDT have his usual approach "let me hear what you got on your mind" = "interested"

Blue Goose 06-21-2013 01:03 AM

If Theodore doesn't re-sign, would the Panthers be interested in acquiring Halak? He's only got one year left on his deal ($4.5M), and I think he would be a great #1A with Markstrom. Just curious. :)

AaronEkbald 06-21-2013 01:25 AM

We should bring someone in better than Clemmer that can give Markstrom a run for number one so the job doesn't get handed to the kid by default. Keep the competitive spirit alive.

HockeyRulez 06-21-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Goose (Post 67769333)
If Theodore doesn't re-sign, would the Panthers be interested in acquiring Halak? He's only got one year left on his deal ($4.5M), and I think he would be a great #1A with Markstrom. Just curious. :)

hardly doubt it.

HockeyRulez 06-21-2013 01:49 AM

Although I like Markstrom and prefer Jones over Drouin, how cool/unique would it be if we got Drouin and Bernier to go along with Huby, three Jonathans that are all from French heritage :laugh:

flapanthersfan 06-21-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Goose (Post 67769333)

if you take Kuba or Upshall back in the deal, sure.

flapanthersfan 06-21-2013 02:11 AM

i like Bernier...depends what we'd have to give up for him to get him though. It doesn't make sense to give up a significant amount for a young, relatively unproven goalie when you already have your "goalie of the future"

unless of course our management doesn't believe in Markstrom.

SoupyFIN 06-21-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyRulez (Post 67769967)
Although I like Markstrom and prefer Jones over Drouin, how cool/unique would it be if we got Drouin and Bernier to go along with Huby, three Jonathans that are all from French heritage :laugh:

198cm>>180cm in todays NHL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flapanthersfan (Post 67770271)
i like Bernier...depends what we'd have to give up for him to get him though. It doesn't make sense to give up a significant amount for a young, relatively unproven goalie when you already have your "goalie of the future"

unless of course our management doesn't believe in Markstrom.

LA's asking price is way too high at this point, they'd probably ask for Bjugstad + 31st. No thanks.

Georgia Panther 06-21-2013 12:57 PM

I think the reason Tallon is hot for Bernier is because he would love to have a decade long goalie controversy. Bernier is 24, Markstrom 23.:sarcasm:

HockeyRulez 06-21-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 67770587)
198cm>>180cm in todays NHL.

LA's asking price is way too high at this point, they'd probably ask for Bjugstad + 31st. No thanks.

Reports are LA wants a winger back in a deal for Bernier...

Pantherfan12 06-21-2013 03:57 PM

I say if Luongo is bought out this summer, we go after him.
I am sure he'll take a reasonable contract,for 3 to 4 years and we can further solidify our team. Take Mackinnon for our top line center and then Luongo to help Markstrom in net.

Castle1* 06-23-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 (Post 67791411)
I say if Luongo is bought out this summer, we go after him.
I am sure he'll take a reasonable contract,for 3 to 4 years and we can further solidify our team. Take Mackinnon for our top line center and then Luongo to help Markstrom in net.

Luongo won't get bought out. Ridiculous thought. Anyone who thinks it is even a possibility knows nothing about hockey in my opinion.

Dr Beinfest 06-23-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castle1 (Post 67844469)
Luongo won't get bought out. Ridiculous thought. Anyone who thinks it is even a possibility knows nothing about hockey in my opinion.

I'd argue that they know plenty about hockey, actually ;) Doesn't mean they're right.

Laus723 06-23-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Lol, nice statement, but you gave us nothing to support it.

SoupyFIN 06-23-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

I'm still waiting for the high 1st and bluechip prospect or two you guys are expecting.

Still waiting.. I think I might die of old age before that happens.

Markstrom Rules 06-23-2013 10:19 AM

Luongo will return a very modest package, but he won't get bought out. Look at all the teams that were rumored to be after Bernier who hasn't proven anything. Someone will trade for him.

Pantherfan12 06-23-2013 10:55 AM

So... Luongo getting bought out is ridiculous but him getting a good return for him isn't ridiculous? He's got a GIANT contract and he's getting up there in age ( as far as hockey age is concerned) so, even though teams have a need in goal, they will trade something decent to take on Luongo and his Humungous contract? That makes sense but being bought out doesn't?

Ghoste 06-23-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyRulez (Post 67788371)
Reports are LA wants a winger back in a deal for Bernier...

Bernier goes to Toronto for Scrivens, Frattin, and a 2nd round pick from either 2014 or 2015.

-ghoste

Montsy14 06-23-2013 12:17 PM

Is anyone else concerned with our goaltending going into next season?

Take a look at the goalies we have to face in the new division...

Habs - Price
Leafs - Bernier/Reimer
Wings - Howard
Bruins - Rask
Sabres - Miller (as of now)/Enroth
Sens - Anderson/Lehner
Tampa - Bishop/Lindback (meh)
Florida - Markstrom/Clemm?

Sure as heck doesn't look good for us.

HockeyRulez 06-23-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montsy14 (Post 67853405)

Habs - Price
Leafs - Bernier/Reimer
Wings - Howard
Bruins - Rask
Sens - Anderson/Lehner

Honestly it doesn't look all that bad. Price, Rask, and Howard have their moments, I'm not to concerned with Bernier/Reimer nor Miller/Enroth nor Anderson/Lehner. And ours is better then Tampa simply because Markstrom is better than both those goalies.

gudzilla 06-23-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montsy14 (Post 67853405)

Habs - Price
Leafs - Bernier/Reimer
Wings - Howard
Bruins - Rask
Sens - Anderson/Lehner

markström is as good ast most non elite-tier goaltenders on this list, the D is what made markström look bad this year IMO