HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: nino niederreiter (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1450135)

WNY to NoVA 06-19-2013 06:39 PM

nino niederreiter
 
So, with the news that he doesnt plan to attend prospect camp (even though it'd be his fourth "appearance" at said camp) it seems as though the Nino talk will heat up soon.

Thoughts on what it will take to get him?

I'll give it a go

From Buf
Stafford

From NYI
Nino

seems like a decent starting point for discussion

Green Blob* 06-19-2013 06:41 PM

Stafford? :laugh:

Stafford is a proven goal scorer in the NHL who had a down season.

Nino is a proven head case who has done nothing in the NHL.

You are not getting a good return.

WNY to NoVA 06-19-2013 06:43 PM

So pick #38 or #52?

Buffalo did well with the last "headcase" they took on in Hodgson

Darth Milbury 06-19-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WNY to NoVA (Post 67706753)
So, with the news that he doesnt plan to attend prospect camp (even though it'd be his fourth "appearance" at said camp) it seems as though the Nino talk will heat up soon.

Thoughts on what it will take to get him?

I'll give it a go

From Buf
Stafford

From NYI
Nino

seems like a decent starting point for discussion

Here we go! We were all predicting this would happen.

The Isles policy is that young players are required to attend prospect camp for three years. After that, the player can opt to attend. Nino has already attended three years, and given that he just finished participation in an major international tournament, has opted not to attend a fourth camp - which few prospects in the Isles system do under any circumstances.

It has zero implications for whether or not the Isles will trade him.

Stafford, at 4 million a season, coming off a six goal season, may not be a very desirable trade chip anyway. I'd be willing to bet, in fact, that the Isles would not take him at any price.

Really, if you want any of the better prospects in the Isles system, Myers is coming in return.

Stryker Island 06-19-2013 06:46 PM

Sure, I'll play along. Doubt he's traded, though.

:isles:
Mike Cammalleri
Michael Ferland

:flames:
Nino Neiderreiter

OR

:isles:
2013 5th round pick

:flames:
Nino Neiderreiter
Rick Dipietro

Pick your poison.

BigDaddyLurch 06-19-2013 06:51 PM

Niederreiter is coming to the Habs as part of the DiPietro trade/buyout...;)

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1450087

See...;)

Darth Milbury 06-19-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch (Post 67707321)
Niederreiter is coming to the Habs as part of the DiPietro trade/buyout...;)


Yeah, and Isles will throw in a pick and also take Galchenyuk in return. :yo:

From what Staple is saying, the Isles and Nino are not on good terms at all. So, even if this current situation means nothing, I'm not going to be shocked if he gets moved.

It won't be for the likes of Stafford or Cammalleri, obviously, but it could certainly happen.

Demetric 06-19-2013 06:55 PM

I think we can get better return from Cammy, I would start with

Stemp and Rights to Butler
for
Nino

NYI are money conscious, this way they are not taking on much cap and get immediate help

giddy up* 06-19-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Blob (Post 67706833)
Stafford? :laugh:

Stafford is a proven goal scorer in the NHL who had a down season.

Nino is a proven head case who has done nothing in the NHL.

You are not getting a good return.

What?

Drew stafford makes $4mil per year and couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat. Nino is AT WORST a very solid and promising prospect.

Just sayin.

caley 06-19-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WNY to NoVA (Post 67706753)
So, with the news that he doesnt plan to attend prospect camp (even though it'd be his fourth "appearance" at said camp) it seems as though the Nino talk will heat up soon.

Not saying he won't get dealt and things aren't acrimonius between he and the Isles, but this isn't THAT big of a deal. A lot of players do it. Since Nino has already attended 3 Prospect Camps, every one after that is up to him, so this could just be Niederreiter's way of saying "I'm focusing on the NHL and nothing else."

Darth Milbury 06-19-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demetric (Post 67707491)
I think we can get better return from Cammy, I would start with

Stemp and Rights to Butler
for
Nino

NYI are money conscious, this way they are not taking on much cap and get immediate help

Collectively "Stemp" and the rights to Butler could not get you a fifth round draft pick.

WNY to NoVA 06-19-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 67707677)
Not saying he won't get dealt and things aren't acrimonius between he and the Isles, but this isn't THAT big of a deal. A lot of players do it. Since Nino has already attended 3 Prospect Camps, every one after that is up to him, so this could just be Niederreiter's way of saying "I'm focusing on the NHL and nothing else."

yeah, could be the case but with the prior asking/not asking for a trade talk surrounding him, figured it was at least worth a discussion here

do NYI fans want him at this point?

Darth Milbury 06-19-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WNY to NoVA (Post 67707865)
yeah, could be the case but with the prior asking/not asking for a trade talk surrounding him, figured it was at least worth a discussion here

do NYI fans want him at this point?


Its about split. Most of us want to see him given a chance, a few would like to see him moved for Bernier.

Ho Borvat 06-19-2013 07:07 PM

I don't buy that a player asking for a trade hurts his value as much as hf likes to believe

Columbus
Nino Niederreiter

New York Islanders
Ryan Johansen


Prospects picked in the same draft within 1 spot of eachother. Both are struggling in the early portions of their careers.

I know Center isn't a need for NYI, but is too many good centers really a problem?

Darth Milbury 06-19-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kack zassian (Post 67708115)
I don't buy that a player asking for a trade hurts his value as much as hf likes to believe

Columbus
Nino Niederreiter

New York Islanders
Ryan Johansen


Prospects picked in the same draft within 1 spot of eachother. Both are struggling in the early portions of their careers.

I know Center isn't a need for NYI, but is too many good centers really a problem?


Nino isn't asking for a trade.

Ho Borvat 06-19-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 67708181)
Nino isn't asking for a trade.

This is more addresse to the people throwing out lowball offers

Darth Milbury 06-19-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kack zassian (Post 67708337)
This is more addresse to the people throwing out lowball offers

Thanks!

CREW99AW 06-19-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WNY to NoVA (Post 67706753)
So, with the news that he doesnt plan to attend prospect camp (even though it'd be his fourth "appearance" at said camp) it seems as though the Nino talk will heat up soon.

Thoughts on what it will take to get him?

I'll give it a go

From Buf
Stafford

From NYI
Nino

seems like a decent starting point for discussion

Nino had to attend 3 prospect camps and attended the 2010 camp, the 2011 camp and the 2012 camp.
Someone should tell Snow Nino's available. These lowball offers remind me of the Jan offers that Snow ignored.
Unless the ufa age has dropped to 20, I'm guessing these crap offers will be ignored too.

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 5h
Nino Niederreiter has declined to attend prospect camp this year. Players are required to attend 3x, choose to attend after that. #Isles



http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=671412

“Overall I’m definitely a better player now than I was a year ago,” Niederreiter said. “I played a lot of minutes in Bridgeport this year and had the chance to gain a lot of confidence. And I gained even more at the World Championships.”

Niederreiter led the Sound Tigers during 2012-13 with 28 goals, and finished second on the club with 50 points in 74 games. Now, his sights are set on the next level.

“I will do everything I can over the summer to be in the best shape and the best player I can be in Islanders Training Camp.”

Zirakzigil 06-19-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demetric (Post 67707491)
I think we can get better return from Cammy, I would start with

Stemp and Rights to Butler
for
Nino

NYI are money conscious, this way they are not taking on much cap and get immediate help

From the Flames point of view I would do that. Not sure if its good value for the Isles though.

Darth Milbury 06-19-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zirakzigil (Post 67708931)
From the Flames point of view I would do that. Not sure if its good value for the Isles though.


If you teach me how to pronounce your handle, we can arrange the trade. :)

CREW99AW 06-19-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WNY to NoVA (Post 67707865)
yeah, could be the case but with the prior asking/not asking for a trade talk surrounding him, figured it was at least worth a discussion here

do NYI fans want him at this point?

Does it matter whether fans want him? There's a WC article from several weeks ago, where the writer says Snow got calls from 5 teams asking about Nino this season. I'm not sure where the writer got his info from, but he went on to say Snow wasn't interested in trading Nino.

Unless Snow's using Nino as the key to upgrading his 1st line with a young, affordable winger or a young, affordable top 3 d-man, I think Snow keeps Nino. Isles have a open spot on Tavares rw and if Moulson leaves next summer, Snow will have an open spot on Tavares lw.

dim jim 06-19-2013 07:34 PM

Lol offers in this thread are hilarious.

Darth Milbury 06-19-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Canuck (Post 67709703)
Lol offers in this thread are hilarious.

I don't agree. Stempiak and Stafford are the sort of elite wingers that could put this team over the top! :handclap:

CREW99AW 06-19-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Canuck (Post 67709703)
Lol offers in this thread are hilarious.

It reminds me of the preseason Nino threads.

The ones before posters realized, Snow didn't care what a 20 yr old with no leverage wanted.

WNY to NoVA 06-19-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 67709579)
Does it matter whether fans want him? There's a WC article from several weeks ago, where the writer says Snow got calls from 5 teams asking about Nino this season. I'm not sure where the writer got his info from, but he went on to say Snow wasn't interested in trading Nino.

Unless Snow's using Nino as the key to upgrading his 1st line with a young, affordable winger or a young, affordable top 3 d-man, I think Snow keeps Nino. Isles have a open spot on Tavares rw and if Moulson leaves next summer, Snow will have an open spot on Tavares lw.

Not really, but since as far as i know Snow doesn't frequent HFboards, I figured I'd ask the folks here...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.