HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   WHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Jakub Sindel (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=145023)

Letang fan 58 06-01-2005 01:43 AM

Jakub Sindel

Jakub Sindel has signed a contract to go back to Europe for next season.......as a Wheat Kings fan this is pretty disapointing as he showed some big league skill and was considered our top line center going into this season.......does anyone have any ideas who is going to be elligible in the upcoming import draft?

sbtatter 06-01-2005 07:10 AM

I had some pretty good intel that said he wasn't going to be here, we talked about this on another thread during the memorial cup, too bad, b/c we'll need some scoring power next season!!

Letang fan 58 06-02-2005 02:24 AM

My sleeper pick for the wheat kings next breakout player is Cody Burki......kid can fly and has mad skill just needs to get some more muscle on the bones.

allin4466 06-02-2005 11:38 PM

well if you look at it from an "on paper" point of view. You've got burki, topilko, dittmer(maybe/probably) as three VERY fast players, all had really good midget seasons, and i think topilko is due for a breakout if he can just capitalize on some of his chances, derlago is coming back for sure, he just got cleared to play sports again, thats a pretty big boost to the team, you have reaves, leblanc back as a solid second or 3rd liners.. then from there down for forwards its kind of bleh.. strautman, hunter, moore, courchene.. moore may surprise a few people, but if i read int he paper tomorrow that courchene and webb were traded for draft picks i wouldnt be upset.

defense: if mccrimmon ditches zulyniak and keeps webb, there are going to be A LOT of angry people.

But look at the defense we can return:

zulyniak, boyle, cann, yeo, louis, lenoski, day

webb :S

then for goalies, you'll definately see plante back, and i wouldnt be too suprised to see Mike Nichol traded for a top 3 type forward.

But yeah, look at who we lost

Monych, Stone, Fehr, Konsorada, Sindel, Later eeeeeeep

Letang fan 58 06-04-2005 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allin4466
well if you look at it from an "on paper" point of view. You've got burki, topilko, dittmer(maybe/probably) as three VERY fast players, all had really good midget seasons, and i think topilko is due for a breakout if he can just capitalize on some of his chances, derlago is coming back for sure, he just got cleared to play sports again, thats a pretty big boost to the team, you have reaves, leblanc back as a solid second or 3rd liners.. then from there down for forwards its kind of bleh.. strautman, hunter, moore, courchene.. moore may surprise a few people, but if i read int he paper tomorrow that courchene and webb were traded for draft picks i wouldnt be upset.

defense: if mccrimmon ditches zulyniak and keeps webb, there are going to be A LOT of angry people.

But look at the defense we can return:

zulyniak, boyle, cann, yeo, louis, lenoski, day

webb :S

then for goalies, you'll definately see plante back, and i wouldnt be too suprised to see Mike Nichol traded for a top 3 type forward.

But yeah, look at who we lost

Monych, Stone, Fehr, Konsorada, Sindel, Later eeeeeeep

Im also quite excited to see if Keith Aulie can crack the team.......huge Dman even if he is young........I think that Burki has the most potential of anyone on the team for forwards....dittmer i thought had lots till last years fall out........pretty private talks about what happened with him......ive heard rumours but thats just rumours to this point.

Courchene could be a decent sniper if he would hit the net......he has slick moves and speed just needs accuracy.

allin4466 06-04-2005 09:48 PM

i will put my e-reputation on the line :P(its not worth much) and guarantee that tyler dittmer is playing for the wheat kings next year. I have heard a few rumors as well(i know a lot of people who know him), and like i said in another thread, i heard him and mccrimmon had a meeting and he was told he was expected to be back next year.

allin4466 06-04-2005 09:49 PM

courchene has next to no hockey smarts tho, lots of moves, but never in the right spot/time

Letang fan 58 06-05-2005 03:11 AM

What is your guess on who is going to be made Captain of the wheat kings next year......me and a friend who are very close followers of the WK's were talking this over this afternoon and neither of us could pin it down very closely.........I dont think it can be webb or day.

if it was going to be a fwd id guess Burki or possibly Derlago but Derlago has a ton to prove yet as does Burki.........possibly it could be Lenoski. really no clean cut choice to be had i dont think.

allin4466 06-05-2005 04:44 PM

leblanc maybe? or Day?

Letang fan 58 06-05-2005 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allin4466
leblanc maybe? or Day?

Man do I hope its not Day, not sure id be that impressed with Leblanc either, its sad that we have no players what are really what i'd consider first rate options as a Captain for next year at this point.

allin4466 06-05-2005 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3
Man do I hope its not Day, not sure id be that impressed with Leblanc either, its sad that we have no players what are really what i'd consider first rate options as a Captain for next year at this point.

webb was an "A" this year :shakehead

Joe Hallenback 06-06-2005 09:41 PM

The Wheaties will be fine next season. They probably have one of the best defensive cores of any eastern division team and have some absolutely fantastic 16 year old Defensemen on the way.
Keith Aulie 6'5 220 pounds
Chad Erb 6'4 200 pounds
Derek Robinson 6'4 200 pounds

Dittmer will be playing this season and I think the "off" year will help his maturity out. Burki is going to explode this season and the supporting forwards while maybe not as talented as the previous group are about 10x as hard working. Look for Leblanc,Reaves,Topliko and Sandell to all score 20 goals.

Plus Mcrimmon will find some talent whether its a euro or a "troubled" player like Steven Later.

Id expect Aulie,Erb and Hallick(a fine center from the Notre dame Hounds with good size and speed) to make the Wheaties and I wouldnt be surprised if Webb and Day are deemed surplus and shipped out.

fyi I have seen Erb,Robinson,Aulie and Hallick play a few times each this year and was pleasantly surprised by each of them. Especially Aulie whom was just an absolute monster of a player. He reminds me alot of Braydon Coburn which of course is a good thing!