HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Your overall thoughts on the 6-5 OT loss (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1450395)

bruinsfan1970 06-20-2013 07:00 AM

Your overall thoughts on the 6-5 OT loss

Continue here and please play nice:) Just want to add that I hate overtime but its only exciting if we win.

chuckdobbins 06-20-2013 07:03 AM

Very weird series. I feel Boston could already be champions and I'm sure Chicago fans feel the same of the hawks

Offense was fine last night. Chara was awful.

bostonphoenix 06-20-2013 07:06 AM

I think this will be a tipping point in the series.

Salem13 06-20-2013 07:11 AM

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/2...oshnet1we2.jpg

Mione134 06-20-2013 07:16 AM

After sort of sleeping on it. My stress level has come down a bit. Just very disappointed with the effort of the d side. Seidenberg in particular. It reminded me of game 2. Just so many turn overs. Bad pinching. No physicality by him. Chara was non exsistant. That's what led to those goals. Terrible D. I haven't seen our D play that bad since round 1. Running all over the place.

That's not getting us a cup. We absolutely cannot afford to play like that again. Chicago's D wasn't that good either. But they were able to cash on our mistakes. I DO give credit for our guys to keep fighting back. But it should have never been that close. You have to attack that net. Period. Krug had a strong game, as did Boychuk.

Joel made adjustments, now its your turn Clode.

Come out and be READY to play Saturday. No mercy. Play to win. The d needs to step up. The forwards need to get moving (Krejci, Marchand). Its not over. But we need to retake control.

Kate08 06-20-2013 07:17 AM

D was bad, Rask looked human.

Yet they came back from 2 goals down and almost won. I'll take it. We got this.

zaYG 06-20-2013 07:21 AM

I'm not that upset or mad. That is the kind of loss where you can easily pinpoint the mistakes on every single Chicago goal and coach the players into fixing those mistakes.

Make the d-men not play like complete idiots and you'll be all set.

ODAAT 06-20-2013 07:23 AM

Probably the sloppiest of games I have seen in the playoffs from the boys re: defensive adherence.

All starts in the neutral zone and the boys just plain gave the Hawks passing/skating lane after lane. Rask was average at best

I haven`t any clue why I wasn`t/am not at all stressed/concerned about this game. Hawks had all their big guns score, finally got a PP goal, on a night when our boys just weren`t focused YET, the B`s kept clawing/fighting their way back and had opportunities to put it away.

I called the B`s in 6, and I`m not wavering, if there`s one thing a Julien coached team has done well, it`s rebound and make sure they don`t play defensive messes like that two times in a row. Game 5, I`m predicting right now, will be the most boring of the series, the Bruins NEED to keep these games low scoring, it frustrates the Hawks to no end not being able to put the puck in the net a ton

SPV 06-20-2013 07:27 AM

As a hockey fan, what a great game. Some very sloppy wide open play at times; but some great goals, great hits, and great saves. One team obviously playing a little above the other earlier, but the other team battles back and ties it up, then back and forth somemore. Incredible. If we had won that game, we'd be looking at it like the Montreal game a few years ago I think...

Anyway, I still think that we can take this series. The teams are too even, just need Rask and the defense to rebound and stiffle the Hawks in two out of three games. I think that can happen.

Latrappe 06-20-2013 07:27 AM

Bruins will regret this loss. Not only they give Chicago a lot of confidence but it's gonna be very hard to win Game 5. I guess we will see, Saturday, what the Bruins are made of...

Scotto74 06-20-2013 07:27 AM

crazy game. Don't expect another like that.

This will go 7 but the Bruins will win.

Sucks because I can't get hate for the Hawks. These two teams are great.

Son of Marshmont 06-20-2013 07:33 AM

Ugh.

After watching one of the best defensive performances I've seen out of this bunch in game 3, this game was like a complete polar opposite of that. As such, I've almost convinced myself that a ****storm like that won't happen again, because the defense cannot get much worse. Weirdly, the **** came from mostly the top pairing...I thought Ference/Boychuk and Krug/McQuaid were okay...but Chara/Seidenberg...I just don't even know if I can accurately describe the dent in my head from the facepalming. Some of the most god-awfully timed pinches from those two led to uncontested rushes.

I did laugh at the conversations and angst in the GDT regarding the fourth line. As if offense was a problem last night? el oh el. I just decided to give those folks angsting a pass and chalk it up to emotional vomit.

I feel sort of better this morning, but still pissed they couldn't press down on the throat. As with how this team's gone this year, they've had more moments akin to the anxiety-producing Toronto series where making it hard seems to be the order of the day, rather than enjoying the relative ease of the NYR and PIT series. We got spoiled.

Give Chicago some credit. They didn't roll over and die like those two teams did. They did not quit at all despite how bad Craw was.

I'll own it. I think I told Ali the Bruins were winning this in five. I got ahead of myself.

:(

hooked 06-20-2013 07:33 AM

The Bruins were forced into playing a Blackhawks game and the results were not good.

Paddington 06-20-2013 07:34 AM

This one really hurt for me. As bad as the Bs played, they still had their chances in OT and couldn't cash in. If they took this game I would think the Hawks would have been ok-now-what mode.They threw everything at a Bruins team that was bad for much of the night and they still almost blew it.

The way I look at it is the Bruins need to hold home ice in game 6 and split 1 of 2 in Chicago. Presto. It's that easy.

blackngold4877 06-20-2013 07:34 AM

Blew a golden opportunity. Crawford had a god awful game but his level of suck was unfortunately equaled by Chara and Seidenberg. If Chicago wins this series this game is going to haunt me.

ap3lovr 06-20-2013 07:37 AM

The most entertaining hockey game I've seen all year. As a fan of hockey, it was great. As a fan of the B's I was upset.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR 06-20-2013 07:38 AM

Seidenberg and Lucic played their worst games of the playoffs and are team defense disappeared as their back checking just wasn't strong enough.

Also Marchand got caught floating again on the back check, just not acceptable. Chara and Seids looked really tired and Daugavins looked scared to death out there.

On the Chicago side, all this talk about Toews, but its Kane with his speed and game breaking ability, what the Bruins need to pay more attention to.

The krecji line got out played big time by the Toews line.

Fire Julien 06-20-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latrappe (Post 67732841)
Bruins will regret this loss. Not only they give Chicago a lot of confidence but it's gonna be very hard to win Game 5. I guess we will see, Saturday, what the Bruins are made of...

Yeah pissing away game 1 and this now is putting them in huge trouble. The Hawks gained back home ice.

WBC8 06-20-2013 07:40 AM

Crawford exposed. Bruins in 6.

acr* 06-20-2013 07:43 AM

Rask should've had the OT goal, but the five others weren't his fault at all. Most of them were no-chancers due to the defense.

Seidenberg and Chara had an abysmal game, and Lucic's turnover was bad too.

But the positive trends are that we carried play from the mid-second period on (including OT), and Rask is clearly outplaying Crawford. If those things hold, we should win the series. Chicago's puck luck can't last that long.

chuckdobbins 06-20-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 (Post 67733063)
Crawford exposed. Bruins in 6.

Not sure if you are serious or not, but I thought Crawford looked really shaky last night. Similar to how the Bruins peppered Reimer and suddenly he became swiss cheese. Crawford was fighting pucks, guessing, losing his net, and just waving his glove around all night. Bruins just need to clean up the horrible defensive play and they should cruise to victory.

doubleminor138 06-20-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acr (Post 67733117)
Rask should've had the OT goal, but the five others weren't his fault at all. Most of them were no-chancers due to the defense.

Seidenberg and Chara had an abysmal game, and Lucic's turnover was bad too.

But the positive trends are that we carried play from the mid-second period on (including OT), and Rask is clearly outplaying Crawford. If those things hold, we should win the series. Chicago's puck luck can't last that long.

Agreed. As long as they can get back to playing strong D and not get all tentative when they get the chance to play offense, they will be in good shape. Rask will bounce back, I have no doubts.

Its anybody's series and the fact that anybody expected the Bruins to walk over the Hawks because they were up a game is strange to me....the Hawks are a good team who already came back against the Wings (who were dominating them).

Niz Bruin 06-20-2013 07:50 AM

Eh, OT games are a crapshoot anyway, if we didnt hit the post and it trickled in, nobody would be upset about our poor D. Easy to get emotional about it.

Still not convinced by the Hawks when the B's can play a tight game. So long as they turn up for Game 5, we got this. How often have the B's played back to back barnburners? Almost never that I can remember.

TheDit 06-20-2013 07:52 AM

The D played pretty bad on both ends. I was at the game so didn't hear the commentary, but were they talking about "bad ice" again? Two flukey goals kept the B's in it; otherwise aside from a few minutes of spurts where the B's got a couple nice rushes thru the neutral zone, this was all the Hawks to win. I'll probably get beaned for saying this, but I've never really like Seid's play. Yes he drops down and makes a ton of blocks, but he can make some stupid decisions and he's not quick off the gate. He and Chara on the same pairing means s l o w - like if it's a foot race we're toast. Chara's play also reminded me of a few years ago when he was playing with like a broken finger or something? I hope he's not hiding something like that (I know everyone's playing thru something, but I mean something that legit hinders his style of play)

Fire Julien 06-20-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niz Bruin (Post 67733237)
Eh, OT games are a crapshoot anyway, if we didnt hit the post and it trickled in, nobody would be upset about our poor D. Easy to get emotional about it.

Still not convinced by the Hawks when the B's can play a tight game. So long as they turn up for Game 5, we got this. How often have the B's played back to back barnburners? Almost never that I can remember.

Games 5-6-7(for 50 minutes) against Toronto, when Chara was absolutely atrocious. He's the one who needs to wake up.Rask can keep it close, but the Hawks are the best team in the league, they have to be outplayed smartly.