HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Comrie Trade to NJ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14507)

lwing 09-26-2003 11:32 AM

Comrie Trade to NJ

What do you think about Comrie to NJ for Gomez and a draft Pick?

PigeonCamera 09-26-2003 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwing
What do you think about Comrie to NJ for Gomez and a draft Pick?

You nearly gave me a fricken' heart attack! :rant: Your title mislead me.

I'm not a big fan of Gomez...he seems to be a guy that must play with a lot of talent; and not so much a gamebreaker. I admit, I haven't seen him play a whole lot though.

It wouldnn't be the worst start of a deal, but also wouldn't be my first choice.

Digger12 09-26-2003 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil_85
You nearly gave me a fricken' heart attack! :rant: Your title mislead me.

I'm not a big fan of Gomez...he seems to be a guy that must play with a lot of talent; and not so much a gamebreaker. I admit, I haven't seen him play a whole lot though.

It wouldnn't be the worst start of a deal, but also wouldn't be my first choice.

:joker: Maybe lwing should add the word 'proposal' to his subject heading...my heart skipped a beat too.

This whole Comrie thing has everyone here on edge a bit.

Oilers Ent 09-26-2003 11:48 AM

I second that.

I just entered Heart Attack City. Phew!

oilers_guy_eddie 09-26-2003 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digger12
This whole Comrie thing has everyone here on edge a bit.

Whatever that thing in your avatar is, it's pretty frickin' intimidating! When's it going to eat something else?

LawnDemon 09-26-2003 12:21 PM

damn... i was hoping that a deal was done.

on topic: i like the deal and have suggested it in the past. i was run out of town mind you. maybe it was the fact that i also had smith and rafalski trading locker rooms?

comrie+smith -> gomez+rafalski

thome_26 09-26-2003 01:04 PM

IMO Gomez doesn't fit. He's a playmaking center who really needs skill wingers for him to have succes (he's a complement player not an anchor). The puck would never be put on net with Gomez and Hemsky together..... the play would go:
"Hemsky beautiful pass to Gomez
Gomez returns the puck to Hemsky who then drops it back to Gomez who carries it behind the net and passes to Hemsky who fakes the shot and directs the puck to Gomez."
you get my drift, lol

outKast* 09-26-2003 01:25 PM

Quote:

"Hemsky beautiful pass to Gomez, Gomez returns the puck to Hemsky who then drops it back to Gomez who carries it behind the net and passes to Hemsky who fakes the shot and directs the puck to Gomez."
:joker: hilarious.

choppystride 09-26-2003 01:30 PM

I think Gomez is getting too much undeserved slag. His so-called troubles are probably the result of playing in the wrong system, wrong team, wrong conference, and for the wrong coach. I think he'll flourish in Edm if given the chance.

No one would point a gun at MacT and force him to play Gomez with Hemsky. I think a line of York, Gomez, Dvorak would look dynamite.

IceDragoon 09-26-2003 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
IMO Gomez doesn't fit. He's a playmaking center who really needs skill wingers for him to have succes (he's a complement player not an anchor). The puck would never be put on net with Gomez and Hemsky together..... the play would go:
"Hemsky beautiful pass to Gomez
Gomez returns the puck to Hemsky who then drops it back to Gomez who carries it behind the net and passes to Hemsky who fakes the shot and directs the puck to Gomez."
you get my drift, lol

:lol: Stop it :lol: I can see every dipsy, every doodle, every crisp tape to tape pass. That's right, all 36 of them.
ROTFLMFAO

LawnDemon 09-26-2003 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choppystride
I think Gomez is getting too much undeserved slag. His so-called troubles are probably the result of playing in the wrong system, wrong team, wrong conference, and for the wrong coach. I think he'll flourish in Edm if given the chance.

No one would point a gun at MacT and force him to play Gomez with Hemsky. I think a line of York, Gomez, Dvorak would look dynamite.

bingo! give the man a cookie! i was going to type exactly this so you saved me some time. thanks. :)

jadeddog 09-26-2003 03:21 PM

i generally agree with most statements made above.... edmonton needs a PLAYER back for comrie, not another "role-player"..... ill be VERY pissed off if we give up a 30 goal scorer for somebody who is lucky to get 50-60 points..... comrie (as much as i hate all this BS hes currently doing) is going to be a VERY good player in this league..... the chistov deal mentioned in another thread sounds better to me (even though i dont think anaheim would do it)

Malmo_Mike 09-26-2003 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choppystride

:handclap: Excellent post although I would put Isbister on the left and move York to center Smyth and Hemsky on the first line (I don't think Ryan is going to be all that effective as a center)