HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Kris Letang for Dougie Hamilton + 3rd (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1450723)

intylerwetrust 06-20-2013 08:32 PM

Kris Letang for Dougie Hamilton + 3rd
 
say Horton leaves and Savard retires

Deal?

SLAPSHOT723 06-20-2013 08:34 PM

Stupid if Boston does it. It's not like Letang is going to put them over the hump, they're in the Finals.

BK201 06-20-2013 08:36 PM

I doubt Boston would do that.

Hell Yeah!!! 06-20-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 67760719)
Stupid if Boston does it. It's not like Letang is going to put them over the hump, they're in the Finals.

yah because every team just auto repeats

DatsyukToZetterberg 06-20-2013 08:39 PM

No deal for the Bruins. I don't think they have the cap space to sign Letang long term. The Pens would also want a little extra added & I don't think it's worth it for the Bruins.

I Hate Chris Butler 06-20-2013 08:39 PM

Letang sucks at defense. Makes Mike Green look good.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 06-20-2013 08:40 PM

**** no. Letang's a Norris finalist now, we're a contender now, and we have defense prospects out the yin-yang.

oconnor9sean 06-20-2013 08:40 PM

Letang is a Norris nominee.. Hamilton is a prospect, a great one, but still a prospect. The difference between the two is way more than a 3rd.

Jeff L 06-20-2013 08:40 PM

Boston would want nothing to do with Letang, especially at the cost of Dougie.

Hennig 06-20-2013 08:41 PM

Bruins would need to add more than a 3rd. MAybe Hamilton + Koko + 3rd ... Although I don't see the incentive for the Bruins to pull this off.

bleedblue1223 06-20-2013 08:42 PM

Astronomically stupid for Pittsburgh and pointless for Boston. Even if Letang sucks defensively, Pittsburgh still has plenty of high-end defensive prospects.

Drew311 06-20-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 67760719)
Stupid if Boston does it. It's not like Letang is going to put them over the hump, they're in the Finals.

Chara declining/retiring in the near future will change that, so looking to acquire and lock up a young top pairing defenseman wouldn't be a bad idea. Not sure Letang is the guy, but it's not like the Bruins are loaded with defensemen who can put up 60 points a season.

firstemperor 06-20-2013 08:45 PM

Boston wouldn't do it, not only are they already a contending team but I doubt they want to use the cap space or give up Hamilton for a rental.

For everyone that keeps mentioning that Chara is declining- sure, he may be getting slightly slower but even at this rate, he'll still be a legitimate #1A dman in this league moving forward.

wKetch22 06-20-2013 08:46 PM

I'd pass

Letang is a good player but we could use the cheap ELC. No way we can keep Pev/Kelly or Horton and Letang too haha

LetangInTheSO 06-20-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler (Post 67760935)
Letang sucks at defense. Makes Mike Green look good.

^ This is the latest myth being spread about Letang. To be clear, the only aspects of Letang's game that are "elite" are his 5 on 5 point production and his skating. His largest area of struggle is not in his own end, but rather on the PP. On the PP, the extra time/space often lulls Letang into complicating would-be simple plays and making bone headed plays. In his own end, Letang is "good." He's not great, and he's certainly not bad. He has a very active stick, he is surprisingly physical for his size. His positioning is mediocre, but his skating ability often allows him to stay in plays when his default positioning isn't perfect. This notion that Letang "sucks" at defense is purely a myth.

Jussijuice 06-20-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 67761105)
Chara declining/retiring in the near future will change that, so looking to acquire and lock up a young top pairing defenseman wouldn't be a bad idea. Not sure Letang is the guy, but it's not like the Bruins are loaded with defensemen who can put up 60 points a season.

So your saying the Bruins need to acquire Dougie Hamilton?

Ok, check.

Drew311 06-20-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetangInTheSO (Post 67761235)
^ This is the latest myth being spread about Letang. To be clear, the only aspects of Letang's game that are "elite" are his 5 on 5 point production and his skating. His largest area of struggle is not in his own end, but rather on the PP. On the PP, the extra time/space often lulls Letang into complicating would-be simple plays and making bone headed plays. In his own end, Letang is "good." He's not great, and he's certainly not bad. He has a very active stick, he is surprisingly physical for his size. His positioning is mediocre, but his skating ability often allows him to stay in plays when his default positioning isn't perfect. This notion that Letang "sucks" at defense is purely a myth.

But it's so much easier to classify every offensive defensive you don't watch on a regular basis as "bad defensively".

Drew311 06-20-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussijuice (Post 67761249)
So your saying the Bruins need to acquire Dougie Hamilton?

Ok, check.

So you think Hamilton is already a Norris candidate who is able to put up a 60 point season.

Ok, check.

agreen23 06-20-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 67761359)
But it's so much easier to classify every offensive defensive you don't watch on a regular basis as "bad defensively".

Letang was -6 in the bruins series. Sounds pretty bad.

Krug will most likely be a poor mans Letang and will be hidden on the third pairing. Dumb for us to trade someone with as much size and upside as dougie at such a young age.

agreen23 06-20-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 67761487)
So you think Hamilton is already a Norris candidate who is able to put up a 60 point season.

Ok, check.

No he quoted someone saying that the Bs should look to lock up a young top pairing defenseman for when chara declines or retires. Hamilton is just that. He was on pace for 31 points as a 19 year old with limited minutes and limited PP time. Just give him a few years and let him grow into that 6 ft 6 frame. Kids a gem.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 06-20-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agreen23 (Post 67761535)
Letang was -6 in the bruins series. Sounds pretty bad.

Who judges players based on one series? Besides all of HF, I mean.

Paradise 06-20-2013 09:00 PM

Keeping Hamilton works out well for the Bruins both now and in the future. I don't see the need for them to add Letang and the salary he's going to want plus give up assets for him to boot.

Jussijuice 06-20-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agreen23 (Post 67761687)
No he quoted someone saying that the Bs should look to lock up a young top pairing defenseman for when chara declines or retires. Hamilton is just that. He was on pace for 31 points as a 19 year old with limited minutes and limited PP time. Just give him a few years and let him grow into that 6 ft 6 frame. Kids a gem.

This.

Plus Hamilton won't be demanding $7 million for a good while. If Letang was so amazing you would think Pens fans would be wanting to keep him, instead I see his name in just about every insane trade proposal under the Sun.

I'd take Hamilton over Letang, Cap being a huge reason.

Paradise 06-20-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper (Post 67761699)
Who judges players based on one series? Besides all of HF, I mean.

Not everyone judges a player like that.

BTW the second part of your quote would also include you since you're in here also :laugh:

Waffle Fries 06-20-2013 09:03 PM

Yeah Pittsburgh says absolutely not.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.