HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edmonton Oilers Draft Day (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1450761)

jhoops89 06-20-2013 10:40 PM

Edmonton Oilers Draft Day
 
Okay, from what I've seen on other threads I've pieced together two trades of my own that I wouldn't mind seeing the Oilers make come Draft Day:

I'll also mention who I think they should select with these picks...

FIRST TRADE:
:leafs
7th Overall Pick
Musil
Hemsky

:edmonton
Gardiner
Scrivens
21st Overall Pick

I like this trade because Edmonton has plenty of prospects on defense so we can trade away one of them. In this case it's David Musil. Also with Dallas Eakins as our new head coach next year, I think Gardiner and Scrivens will fit right in. Edmonton gets the defense that they need and Toronto gets a Top 10 Pick.

SECOND TRADE:
:hawks
Gagner
Paajarvi
2014 2nd Round Pick (Edmonton)

:edmonton
Bolland
Leddy
2013 First Round Pick (Chicago)

This deal probably wouldn't go through as easily because of the fact that Bolland and Leddy are worth more to Chicago than their trade value probably says but if you tweaked it a little it might go through while still keeping both core rosters intact. Again Edmonton would get the defense they need and Chicago gets a second line center to play with Kane and continue the magic Gagner and Kane had in juniors. Keep in mind that Leddy is not a prospect, that's why I put him in this deal and didn't trade away any prospects on D.

First Trade Draft Selection:
With the 21st Pick Edmonton Should Select: JT Compher
This may be a bit early to take him but Compher is a decent 2way center of the future that could replace the need for Monahan or Lindholm at #7. He has said that he is committed to College next year I believe with the Michigan Wolverines.


Second Trade Draft Selection:
With the 7th Selection Edmonton should select: Darnell Nurse
Nurse is a strong defenseman who has top pairing potential and could be a steal at #7.

With the (29th or 30th Pick) Edmonton should select: Zachary Fucale
Since Edmonton would not be getting a goalie in this trade they should select Zachary Fucale because he would fill the backup or starting need within 5-6 years when Devan Dubnyk begins to decline.




Again these are just my thoughts so please evaluate these trades and selections and tell me what you think, Thanks!

bleedblue1223 06-20-2013 10:44 PM

Don't see Chicago doing that deal.

Marshal Rochambeau 06-20-2013 10:46 PM

Edmonton could get a top defenseman with that package.

Chicago gets wrecked in that other trade.

Kbs 06-20-2013 10:48 PM

The Leafs don't do the 1st trade for a few reasons.

Hemsky is redundant on a team like the Leafs. I've said it before that he doesn't bring anything the Leafs need (for example, the Leafs don't need one-dimensional scorers).

Musil is just another D prospect being added to an already deep D prospect pool. The Leafs need forward prospects way, way more than more D prospects.

Also, trading Gardiner for the 7th overall pick has been discussed a lot recently. I wouldn't do it because trading Gardiner for an unproven player would be stupid when Gardiner has done what he has in his young career.

Scrivens could be available though. I'd guess it'd depend on Nonis getting a veteran backup and if he did, then I'd think Scrivens wouldn't cost much to acquire.

AlowlyMcOilersfan 06-20-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova III (Post 67765485)
Edmonton could get a top defenseman with that package.

this is what I want

The Ultimate Warrior 06-20-2013 10:55 PM

I doubt the Hawks would consider that deal.

HOCCA Scouting 06-20-2013 10:57 PM

As a Leafs fan, if we replaced Musil with Marincin, I'd actually do this deal.

With our glut of talent on the blueline in terms or prospects, it would hurt to lose Gardiner, but the chance to draft a Monahan/Lindholm would be huge. Hemsky is an undeniable talent, just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Scrivens is somewhat exchangeable if we bring in veteran talent as backup

couture23 06-20-2013 10:57 PM

Why is Chicago giving the 1st? Lol

First round bust 06-20-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couture23 (Post 67765967)
Why is Chicago giving the 1st? Lol

I agree just awful.

thadd 06-20-2013 11:06 PM

First trade is horrible for Edmonton and the second one is horrible for Chicago.

Back to the drawing board...

BackhandToeyJoey 06-20-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix (Post 67765939)
As a Leafs fan, if we replaced Musil with Marincin, I'd actually do this deal.

With our glut of talent on the blueline in terms or prospects, it would hurt to lose Gardiner, but the chance to draft a Monahan/Lindholm would be huge. Hemsky is an undeniable talent, just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Scrivens is somewhat exchangeable if we bring in veteran talent as backup

As an Oilers fan, I would do the Marincin/Musil swap. Btw, Lindholm would work wonders for TO.

jhoops89 06-20-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couture23 (Post 67765967)
Why is Chicago giving the 1st? Lol

Just thought I'd throw it in there. I felt like Compher was a consolation prize in a way since the Oilers wouldn't get Monahan or Lindholm, I do realize the deal does heavily favor Edmonton though

jhoops89 06-20-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix (Post 67765939)
As a Leafs fan, if we replaced Musil with Marincin, I'd actually do this deal.

With our glut of talent on the blueline in terms or prospects, it would hurt to lose Gardiner, but the chance to draft a Monahan/Lindholm would be huge. Hemsky is an undeniable talent, just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Scrivens is somewhat exchangeable if we bring in veteran talent as backup

Khabibulin is a UFA this year but what if the rights to him went to Toronto?

Homesick 06-20-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 (Post 67765241)

SECOND TRADE:
:hawks
Gagner
Paajarvi
2014 2nd Round Pick (Edmonton)

:edmonton
Bolland
Leddy
2013 First Round Pick (Chicago)

So Edmonton steps back 3 years in its rebuild. :shakehead The only thing this trade addresses is a 3rd line centre for Edmonton. The Oilers need a 2nd line centre and will have Smyth playing 2nd line LW. I guess they move up 7-8 spots.

Dumb trade

jhoops89 06-20-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homesick (Post 67766865)
So Edmonton steps back 3 years in its rebuild. :shakehead The only thing this trade addresses is a 3rd line centre for Edmonton. The Oilers need a 2nd line centre and will have Smyth playing 2nd line LW. I guess they move up 7-8 spots.

Dumb trade

How are they stepping back 3 years? I understand the Smyth on the 2nd line thing but we're getting a decent defenseman and another center in exchange for Gagner who's younger than Bolland

Bobblehead 06-20-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homesick (Post 67766865)
So Edmonton steps back 3 years in its rebuild. :shakehead The only thing this trade addresses is a 3rd line centre for Edmonton. The Oilers need a 2nd line centre and will have Smyth playing 2nd line LW. I guess they move up 7-8 spots.

Dumb trade

Agreed. Horrible deal for Edmonton.

bigfatfist 06-20-2013 11:38 PM

Chicago ADDS a 1st to Leddy? Really?

enthropi 06-21-2013 12:19 AM

The thing that is backwards is that you are not only trading out current 2C, but also trading the pck that could land us the future 2C with size and 2-way acumen.

That leaves a gigantic hole on 2C that likely will be very hard to fill, especially if we're not even sure that RNH can start the season on time, we are getting set for a drop back down to lottery territory with Bolland as #1C...

We need more of a vet D than Gardiner and/or Leddy even if they are nice pieces to have.

jhoops89 06-21-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enthropi (Post 67768379)
The thing that is backwards is that you are not only trading out current 2C, but also trading the pck that could land us the future 2C with size and 2-way acumen.

That leaves a gigantic hole on 2C that likely will be very hard to fill, especially if we're not even sure that RNH can start the season on time, we are getting set for a drop back down to lottery territory with Bolland as #1C...

We need more of a vet D than Gardiner and/or Leddy even if they are nice pieces to have.

What about Hjalmarsson instead of Leddy and no first from CHI?

Hertl Power 06-21-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 (Post 67765241)
Okay, from what I've seen on other threads I've pieced together two trades of my own that I wouldn't mind seeing the Oilers make come Draft Day:

I'll also mention who I think they should select with these picks...

FIRST TRADE:
:leafs
7th Overall Pick
Musil
Hemsky

:edmonton
Gardiner
Scrivens
21st Overall Pick

I like this trade because Edmonton has plenty of prospects on defense so we can trade away one of them. In this case it's David Musil. Also with Dallas Eakins as our new head coach next year, I think Gardiner and Scrivens will fit right in. Edmonton gets the defense that they need and Toronto gets a Top 10 Pick.

SECOND TRADE:
:hawks
Gagner
Paajarvi
2014 2nd Round Pick (Edmonton)

:edmonton
Bolland
Leddy
2013 First Round Pick (Chicago)

This deal probably wouldn't go through as easily because of the fact that Bolland and Leddy are worth more to Chicago than their trade value probably says but if you tweaked it a little it might go through while still keeping both core rosters intact. Again Edmonton would get the defense they need and Chicago gets a second line center to play with Kane and continue the magic Gagner and Kane had in juniors. Keep in mind that Leddy is not a prospect, that's why I put him in this deal and didn't trade away any prospects on D.

First Trade Draft Selection:
With the 21st Pick Edmonton Should Select: JT Compher
This may be a bit early to take him but Compher is a decent 2way center of the future that could replace the need for Monahan or Lindholm at #7. He has said that he is committed to College next year I believe with the Michigan Wolverines.


Second Trade Draft Selection:
With the 7th Selection Edmonton should select: Darnell Nurse
Nurse is a strong defenseman who has top pairing potential and could be a steal at #7.

With the (29th or 30th Pick) Edmonton should select: Zachary Fucale
Since Edmonton would not be getting a goalie in this trade they should select Zachary Fucale because he would fill the backup or starting need within 5-6 years when Devan Dubnyk begins to decline.




Again these are just my thoughts so please evaluate these trades and selections and tell me what you think, Thanks!

I like how you have the Oilers trade away the 7th pick to Toronto and use the 7th pick on Nurse.

Archangel 06-21-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiddenpsyche (Post 67771267)
I like how you have the Oilers trade away the 7th pick to Toronto and use the 7th pick on Nurse.

maybe TO was nice enough to let them keep it?

Oiltankjob Fail 06-21-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiddenpsyche (Post 67771267)
I like how you have the Oilers trade away the 7th pick to Toronto and use the 7th pick on Nurse.

Read it again he does not pick nurse in that 1st proposal. And he is offering 2 different proposals

Cor 06-21-2013 07:16 AM

If Monahan is available at 7, the Leafs and Oilers make a deal. I guarentee it

BackhandToeyJoey 06-21-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 (Post 67771519)
Read it again he does not pick nurse in that 1st proposal. And he is offering 2 different proposals

And boom goes the dynamite.

McSuper 06-21-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova III (Post 67765485)
Edmonton could get a top defenseman with that package.

Chicago gets wrecked in that other trade.

A top defence man , sorry i do not see one in this deal . Are we talking about the Defence man that been sitting against Boston . Well at least he 1000X better then Barker ,who both teams had the bad luck of having in their line up . I am sure Leddy will get better ,but to call him a top defence man is a bit of a reach , don't you think ?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.