HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   OT: Calgary Based Avs Fans (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1451003)

SoundwaveIsCharisma 06-21-2013 01:08 PM

Calgary Based Avs Fans
 
Hey, I know there are a few of us in Calgary, just wanted to make sure everyone was good and safe with the crazy flooding going on.

Bonzai12 06-21-2013 01:17 PM

Hope you guys are ok - looks bad, and they are saying the Saddledome is really getting beat up there.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/to...n-852-8col.jpg

hockeyfish 06-21-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzai12 (Post 67781527)
Hope you guys are ok - looks bad, and they are saying the Saddledome is really getting beat up there.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/to...n-852-8col.jpg

Yeah, I heard the water was up to row 10! apparently the jumbotron is basically ruined along with all the stuff in the locker and weight rooms. a real mess.

TheFactor 06-21-2013 01:28 PM

Yeah I'm in the SW so we're safe here. Hope you're safe too buddy.

Saddlesore flooding is up to the 14th row now...

Freudian 06-21-2013 01:31 PM

Stay safe.

TheFactor 06-21-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfish (Post 67781967)
Yeah, I heard the water was up to row 10! apparently the jumbotron is basically ruined along with all the stuff in the locker and weight rooms. a real mess.

Apparently the championship photo from 1989 that's signed by all the players got ruined too. The jumbotron was just installed recently so that's a pretty big blow for them.

Foppa2118 06-21-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfish (Post 67781967)
Yeah, I heard the water was up to row 10! apparently the jumbotron is basically ruined along with all the stuff in the locker and weight rooms. a real mess.

I might be wrong, but I think it's the jumbotron control room. Still a lot of money probably, and a bunch of irreplaceable memorabilia to boot. Hope everyone is all good too.

SoundwaveIsCharisma 06-21-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFactor (Post 67782015)
Yeah I'm in the SW so we're safe here. Hope you're safe too buddy.

Saddlesore flooding is up to the 14th row now...

I'm in the SW too, sounds like Downtown is getting submerged right now.

S E P H 06-21-2013 01:37 PM

How much rain did you guys seriously get?

Give it to Colorado because every day it seems there is a new wildfire.

Lonewolfe2015 06-21-2013 01:39 PM

It's going to be a rainy summer... stay safe guys.

hockeyfish 06-21-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa2118 (Post 67782343)
I might be wrong, but I think it's the jumbotron control room. Still a lot of money probably, and a bunch of irreplaceable memorabilia to boot. Hope everyone is all good too.

I had heard that they had lowered it for the off-season. So, makes sense that it would be under water.

By the way, does anyone have a picture from inside the dome?

TheFactor 06-21-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 67782483)
How much rain did you guys seriously get?

Give it to Colorado because every day it seems there is a new wildfire.

We got really messed up weather here in calgary. For the past week or two Every few hours its rains really hard, gets sunny, and starts raining hard again. Eventually the rivers started overflowing and last night the flooding started.

GamingGiant 06-21-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 67782483)
How much rain did you guys seriously get?

Give it to Colorado because every day it seems there is a new wildfire.

Seriously. This has been the worst season for forest fires that I can recall.

Ivan13 06-21-2013 02:26 PM

Take care guys.

Landeslog 06-21-2013 07:37 PM

I wish everyone could get just enough rain :(
As of this morning we have 5 major fires going and drought and Calgary has so much rain it is catastrophic.
Mother nature is so dumb sometimes.

Foppa2118 06-21-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landeslog (Post 67797437)
I wish everyone could get just enough rain :(
As of this morning we have 5 major fires going and drought and Calgary has so much rain it is catastrophic.
Mother nature is so dumb sometimes.

So are humans. It's no coincidence that we're getting more and more weather related catastrophes every year.

Razor29 06-21-2013 10:01 PM

Boiler room at my work is under 3 feet of water. Been up for about 38 hours now, was at work for the last 17. Sucks but it's plenty worse in other spots.

Avs_19 06-21-2013 10:12 PM

Whoa. A lot of rain yesterday but all good in Edmonton. Be safe Calgary.

SoundwaveIsCharisma 06-21-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viking Mode (Post 67801945)
Boiler room at my work is under 3 feet of water. Been up for about 38 hours now, was at work for the last 17. Sucks but it's plenty worse in other spots.

Yea, sounds like Medicine Hat will be hit pretty hard, and the areas around town have been devastated. High River sounds like it may not even be there, Bragg Creek was obliterated, I feel fortunate that I've been good so far.

Razor29 06-21-2013 10:22 PM

Yep. I live in the boardwalk apartments so theres no chance of flooding there. So many along the river are just ****ed.

bohlmeister 06-22-2013 12:36 AM

I am in the SE so I am good. It is absolutely insane the amount of water in the city right now.

BrickAHL 06-22-2013 02:45 AM

Stay safe guys.

fcbarcelona 06-22-2013 03:07 AM

Just evacuated yesterday. I live right by the Bow River.

Hesher 06-22-2013 07:43 AM

Just seen some photos and vids, it really looks bad.

Stay safe guys.

Razor29 06-22-2013 11:54 PM

Worked 35 hours of OT since 22:30 on Thursday because of this, cha ching.

The water level on the bow river has dropped 5 feet between my two visits, one on Friday and one this evening. The clean up is going to be massive expensive, where the water has receded is just mud everywhere.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.