HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Girardi to Edmonton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1451829)

hockeyjack89 06-23-2013 02:20 AM

Girardi to Edmonton

I think that Dan Girardi is the type of defensemen that Edmonton is looking for right now. What would EDM have to give up?

Dan Girardi:

$3,325,000 for one more year

BOLD MacT Trade 06-23-2013 02:23 AM

Your not going to like what you hear trust me. In b4 one of the big 5.

TwoPadStack 06-23-2013 02:27 AM

Yakkity Yak or don't come back.

JeffMangum 06-23-2013 02:28 AM

Eberle/Yak, or no deal.

BOLD MacT Trade 06-23-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoPadStack (Post 67845225)
Yakkity Yak or don't come back.

And boom goes the dynamite. :help:

Bourne Endeavor 06-23-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOilersDynasty2012 (Post 67845171)
Your not going to like what you hear trust me. In b4 one of the big 5.

Pretty much this. The Rangers only need better scoring depth and if they are unloading one of their best defensemen, it will be for a high tier forward. If Eberle or Yakupov are off the table no matter what, there is no deal to be made.

Petes2424 06-23-2013 02:31 AM

Edmonton really doesnt have the assets to make a deal. They're not going to move one of their "guys" and after that, they're pretty thin.

The Oilers need to make the most of the assets they're going to move. Guys like Horcoff and Hemsky arent going to land Girardi. Maybe they'd be able to land a guy like Jakub Kindl for a Hemsky but not a Girardi.

BOLD MacT Trade 06-23-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petes2424 (Post 67845287)
Edmonton really doesnt have the assets to make a deal. They're not going to move one of their "guys" and after that, they're pretty thin.

The Oilers need to make the most of the assets they're going to move. Guys like Horcoff and Hemsky arent going to land Girardi. Maybe they'd be able to land a guy like Jakub Kindl for a Hemsky but not a Girardi.

Not that I'm suggesting it but is the 7th overall for Girardi seem like fair value? I'm just asking don;t rip me apart for asking.

Oiltankjob Fail 06-23-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB v2 0 (Post 67845241)
Eberle/Yak, or no deal.

Its official no deal and as a Oiler fan elated.:)

BOLD MacT Trade 06-23-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 (Post 67845455)
Its official no deal and as a Oiler fan elated.:)

Maybe for McD we could give up Ebs, but even then I would still think long and hard.

Divine 06-23-2013 02:54 AM

Oilers 2013 first?

BOLD MacT Trade 06-23-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream (Post 67845585)
Oilers 2013 first?

Not unless he's resigned before hand.

hockeyjack89 06-23-2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOilersDynasty2012 (Post 67845499)
Maybe for McD we could give up Ebs, but even then I would still think long and hard.

Yeah that's one of the most even trades I've seen in a while value wise

thadd 06-23-2013 03:09 AM

One thing that needs to be understood is that the Oilers have had a million chances to sell the farm before and they're not about to do it now.

Boston reportedly offered the 2nd overall pick for Seguin and Hemsky in return before that draft day.

Given Eberle's experience at the time, Hemsky's injury history at the time (non stop) and the cap space Edmonton would have saved, a lot of people would have thought that to have been a great deal for Edmonton in the long run.

I think that's a pretty good sign of how much Edmonton covets their young players.

As for this proposal, Girardi would be attractive if he signed an extension, but I don't see him leaving New York in the coming years.

AngelDuck 06-23-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 (Post 67845661)
Yeah that's one of the most even trades I've seen in a while value wise

Eberle for McD would be completely awful for NYR. McD is a top pairing d-man. You don't trade those guys for fringe first line wingers.

Petes2424 06-23-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOilersDynasty2012 (Post 67845319)
Not that I'm suggesting it but is the 7th overall for Girardi seem like fair value? I'm just asking don;t rip me apart for asking.

Oh, absolutely. I just dont know why they wouldnt keep that and draft Nurse, etc. Im not sure the Rangers would do it just because of Girardi's value to them.

I think that's fair though.

What Edmonton should do is either draft Nurse at 7 (assuming he's there), or trade down and pick up a role player. Here me out on this. Let's say

Trade down with a team like the Isles for Frans Nielson and their pick.
Draft Pulock, Morin or even Morrissey with that pick. Preferably Pulock
Trade Hemsky for a 25-27 yr old D like Jakub Kindl
Sign a guy like Scuderi

That would go a long way into putting down a more stable team.

BOLD MacT Trade 06-23-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petes2424 (Post 67845767)
Oh, absolutely. I just dont know why they wouldnt keep that and draft Nurse, etc. Im not sure the Rangers would do it just because of Girardi's value to them.

I think that's fair though.

What Edmonton should do is either draft Nurse at 7 (assuming he's there), or trade down and pick up a role player. Here me out on this. Let's say

Trade down with a team like the Isles for Frans Nielson and their pick.
Draft Pulock, Morin or even Morrissey with that pick. Preferably Pulock
Trade Hemsky for a 25-27 yr old D like Jakub Kindl
Sign a guy like Scuderi

That would go a long way into putting down a more stable team.

I agree, I was just asking value wise.

AngelDuck 06-23-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOilersDynasty2012 (Post 67845817)
So I guess Bobby Ryan is a fringe first line winger then too huh?

No, he's a 2nd liner. I don't like Bobby Ryan (have wanted him traded for the last three years), and I think Eberle is pretty similar to him except a little smaller and softer, but will put up a few more points per season. McD is a legit guy for NYR to build their defense around. Eberle, like Ryan, is a complimentary player to RNH, Hall, Yakupov, hell, I might even take Gagner over Eberle (I think it's close). No way in hell NYR would even consider that. Eberle will never be the best player on a contending teams forward group. McD can be the best player on a contending teams defense group IMO. Plus, as a general rule, 1st pairing defenseman >>> 1st line wingers (debateable that Eberle is even a 1st line winger but I digress....)

BOLD MacT Trade 06-23-2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 67845899)
Cute.

I don't want anything to do with Justin Schultz. Saw him play this year, not impressed. Ducks have a much better future than the laughable Edmonton Oilers do...Going to be funny as hell when Justin realizes he'll never win **** in Edmonton :laugh:

Like calling Eberle a fringe first line winger when he had 76 points in his second year on a 29th place team? Not to mention both Hall and Hopkins missed significant time so he was on his own.

AngelDuck 06-23-2013 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOilersDynasty2012 (Post 67845949)
Like calling Eberle a fringe first line winger when he had 76 points in his second year on a 29th place team? Not to mention both Hall and Hopkins missed significant time so he was on his own.

Might want to check his completely unsustainable shooting percentage...

I think he's more of the player you saw this year than in 2011-2012. This year, he had a shooting percentage that you'd expect from him. He had some insane puck luck in 2011-2012. I really wouldn't be surprised if he never has another season like that again.

BOLD MacT Trade 06-23-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 67845977)
Might want to check his completely unsustainable shooting percentage...

I think he's more of the player you saw this year than in 2011-2012. This year, he had a shooting percentage that you'd expect from him. He had some insane puck luck in 2011-2012. I really wouldn't be surprised if he never has another season like that again.

Hard to say, this season was too short to use as an example of what the rest of his career will be like.

AngelDuck 06-23-2013 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOilersDynasty2012 (Post 67845999)
Hard to say, this season was too short to use as an example of what the rest of his career will be like.

That's fair.

For the record, I think he's a good player. Just not a fan of that value for NYR.

HankTheTankYoLo 06-23-2013 03:42 AM

Eberle is good yes, but he is not a TRUE 1st wing.

your argument with that he has 76 points in a bad team is just ****..

Clarke MacArthur was 2 points from winning the leafs points in one season, doesnt mean he is amazing just becuase of that.

Eberle is good, but he is small and imo he will be around 70 points mark, not over 80

BOLD MacT Trade 06-23-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 67846003)
That's fair.

For the record, I think he's a good player. Just not a fan of that value for NYR.

You may be right but the value is closer then what you gave it credit for imo. Edmonton would have to add a smaller piece probably(prospect or 2nd rounder maybe).

BOLD MacT Trade 06-23-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HankTheTankYoLo (Post 67846013)
Eberle is good yes, but he is not a TRUE 1st wing.

your argument with that he has 76 points in a bad team is just ****..

Clarke MacArthur was 2 points from winning the leafs points in one season, doesnt mean he is amazing just becuase of that.

Eberle is good, but he is small and imo he will be around 70 points mark, not over 80

76 points on a good team would make him a worthy first line player, doing it on a bad team is just more impressive. He's only played 2 1/2 seasons, to write him off as a 70 point max player is jumping the gun a bit don't you think?