HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Eyelet problem (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1452241)

jj234 06-23-2013 08:42 PM

Eyelet problem

1 Attachment(s)
I recently picked up a pair of Tour EXT 550 inline hockey skates. After about a day of semi-hard skating, I have noticed that the top eyelets have torn through the fabric and are close to coming out completely. See the attached picture to see what the issue looks like. This disturbs me because this damage usually happens to skates reaching the end of their lifetime, and my pair are only a day old! Could someone tell me why this is happening and what I can do about it? Take into account that I tie my skates extremely tight. Thanks for your time!

Crosbyfan 06-23-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj234 (Post 67876669)
I recently picked up a pair of Tour EXT 550 inline hockey skates. After about a day of semi-hard skating, I have noticed that the top eyelets have torn through the fabric and are close to coming out completely. See the attached picture to see what the issue looks like. This disturbs me because this damage usually happens to skates reaching the end of their lifetime, and my pair are only a day old! Could someone tell me why this is happening and what I can do about it? Take into account that I tie my skates extremely tight. Thanks for your time!

Take them back?

AIREAYE 06-24-2013 06:33 AM

Yeah, I would take them back. Warranty.

jj234 06-24-2013 02:56 PM

Should I just get the pair replaced or do you think I should invest in a different pair?

lilphill23 06-24-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj234 (Post 67905813)
Should I just get the pair replaced or do you think I should invest in a different pair?

Invest in a new pair. I had those as well and they did the same thing. I took the holders and put them on an old Bauer ice boot i had lying around.

jj234 06-24-2013 04:13 PM

Is it just that Tour sucks or is it that the specific model is bad? Because I am thinking of buying Bauer Vapor XR1s, but the cheaper alternative would be Tour Thor 909s. Which one would last longer and what is your recommendation?

DustersAnonymous 06-24-2013 04:36 PM

I personally love my ice to inline conversion. Might be something to consider. I took my old Reebok 11ks and threw labeda frames (same frames on your tours) and I love them for when I play inline. The tour skates/boots don't lend well to longevity, at least not in my personal experience.

jj234 06-24-2013 04:43 PM

That would be a great idea if I had ice skates to convert. I am just buying inline skates so I can play street hockey with my neighborhood friends. So, which should I go with, Bauer Vapor XR1 or Tour Thor 909? Thank you all for replying though!