HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 13.0 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1452565)

Crimson Skorpion 06-24-2013 12:45 PM

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 13.0

Last one hit 1,000.

Previous thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1449809

odishabs 06-24-2013 12:52 PM

My Absolute favourite slip candidate is CURTIS LAZAR, kid battles and has wicked hands, shot and chipiness to go along with it. IF SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY we end up with a draft like this, we're winners:

1- Curtis Lazar C/RW
2- Ian McCoshen/Steve Santini D
2- Justin Bailey
2- Hudson Fasching

QuebecPride 06-24-2013 01:01 PM

If Laplante would have played the whole season he would be a 2nd rounder.

And there's no effing way Paquin-Boudreau makes it through 3 rounds.

hogtownhabsfan* 06-24-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odishabs (Post 67899019)
My Absolute favourite slip candidate is CURTIS LAZAR, kid battles and has wicked hands, shot and chipiness to go along with it. IF SOMEHOW, SOMEWAY we end up with a draft like this, we're winners:

1- Curtis Lazar C/RW
2- Ian McCoshen/Steve Santini D
2- Justin Bailey
2- Hudson Fasching

Yea, I'd love Lazar. He could either end up a sniping power forward 2nd line winger, or a fantastic 3rd line center behind Galch and Eller. Fills a need either way and would definitely be BPA.

Marc the Habs Fan 06-24-2013 01:07 PM

Do we make it to thread #15 before draft day on Sunday? I say yes.

I wonder how many of the legion of McCoshen fans around here have ever seen him play more than 2 games? Or even 1?

Ezpz 06-24-2013 01:07 PM

If life had a sleep/meditate feature like most open world RPGs do I'd be using it right now.

S Bah 06-24-2013 01:09 PM

Here are four selections for the 2nd & 3rd rounds;

#34 - Justin Bailey
#55 - Nick Baptiste
#71 - Matt Buckles
#85 - Nick Moutrey

Any combination of three of these players in 3-4 yrs., will be a relentless line that won't relinquish possession of the puck. All of them have been mentioned in this thread or ones before this one, they are all fast skating talented players that can play all forward positions. Each can make plays, shoot and backcheck the type of players teams want in the playoffs and they all have NHL size as well.:nod:

That still leaves the #25 & #36 picks available for any other players that may fall.:handclap: Forgot the 6th & 7th round picks.

Depending on the players that fall of course here are some replacement players Poirier at #25, Diaby at #36, or Hurley and Sanford two of the fastest risers late in the season other than Poirier.

Whitesnake 06-24-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 67899871)

I wonder how many of the legion of McCoshen fans around here have ever seen him play more than 2 games? Or even 1?

3! I win!!!!! :yo:

He's really an interesting "report" prospect though...;)

Whitesnake 06-24-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuebecPride (Post 67899587)
If Laplante would have played the whole season he would be a 2nd rounder.

And there's no effing way Paquin-Boudreau makes it through 3 rounds.

Let just say that his U-18 wasn't exactly earth shattering, but I agree that he'd be much more talked about. On my list, I have both in the 3rd round with Laplante with our first 3rd rounder, and Boudreau with our 2nd. But truly, Laplante could indeed be a end of 2nd rounder. Paquin had great playoffs and very good season, hence also a possible end 2nd, somehow though, 3rd seems to fit more as the "prediction" would be that he would never be a top 6 forward in the end.

Fozz 06-24-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 67900147)
3! I win!!!!! :yo:

He's really an interesting "report" prospect though...;)

TV games only count for 50%.
Webcasts... 40%
:sarcasm:

Whitesnake 06-24-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz (Post 67900511)
TV games only count for 50%.
Webcasts... 40%
:sarcasm:

Aarghhhhh....okay...I lose.

yianik 06-24-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 67899871)

Never seen him play, just what I read, not one of the legion, what do you think of him and why ? He and Heatherington will probably be the two better rated big good skating, physical D guys left when we have our 1st 3 picks. Mueller could be around also but he is described as a skill, big minute eating guy. I like what I read about Heatherington, Mueller sounds like the BPA easily between them but I want a big, tough, crease clearer.

montreal 06-24-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 67900695)
Wow, that's great! I wasn't able to get a whole lot of them, I'll try to do what I can do have more of them in the future. What was your take on Hurley? Did you also happen to see Avery Petersen? Seems to me that while he's not a favorite of mine, if we liked Dustin Walsh in his draft year, Petersen seems like a player like Walsh. And what about Parker Reno?

I'll have to check to see what schools i have on the dvr, Avery Petersen I might have since I know Grand Rapids was on tv this year (GR is where Joe Stejskal played). Parker Reno I have at least one of his games on tape, haven't watched any of them just keeping them around in case we draft any of Hurley, Vannelli, etc..

Fozz 06-24-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 67900695)
Aarghhhhh....okay...I lose.

Sorry mate. Still better than 0%.

Whitesnake 06-24-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozz (Post 67902119)
Sorry mate. Still better than 0%.

Well I kept saying that to all my chemistry and physics teachers back in the days but somehow they felt it still wasn't enough...

Draft 06-24-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 67902313)
Well I kept saying that to all my chemistry and physics teachers back in the days but somehow they felt it still wasn't enough...

"Something about a fish climbing a tree" - Albert Einstein

No worries, man.

Whitesnake 06-24-2013 01:57 PM

In the category of "really skilled"....please add Arturi Lehkonen. Wouldn't be surprised to see us all over this smallish but really skilled forward in the 2nd round. Need some major strength though.

Marc the Habs Fan 06-24-2013 01:57 PM

I'd be surprised. 2 concussions for Lehkonen this year...TT made it clear a year ago that concussions are the injury that scare him the most in the draft process.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yianik (Post 67901125)
Never seen him play, just what I read, not one of the legion, what do you think of him and why ?

Maybe I'm reading too much into the posts by firstroundbust in the McCoshen thread on the prospects board, but I am a bit skeptical. The lack of video on McC doesn't help.

That's why I can't wait for McKenzie's list this week to see where he is. Because if you just looking at the size and the numbers, you would think he'd be viewed as a concensus top 20, if not first rounder in the rankings. Well he isn't.

I've brought up Colby Cohen in the past on the McCoshen front...Cohen, a 6'3'' defenceman, had 60 points in 57 USHL games in his draft year as a rookie USHLer (McCoshen just finished his 3rd year). Despite those numbers, he went mid-2nd in that pretty average 2007 draft. And he's done little in the pros.

McC's offensive numbers are nice, but he played on a team with 4 excellent USHL level forwards - 2 of them who turned 19 during the season. All 4 were well above a point per game. That can't be discounted.

Analyzer 06-24-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 67902621)
I'd be surprised. 2 concussions for Lehkonen this year...TT made it clear a year ago that concussions are the injury that scare him the most in the draft process.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the posts by firstroundbust in the McCoshen thread on the prospects board, but I am a bit skeptical. The lack of video on McC doesn't help.

That's why I can't wait for McKenzie's list this week to see where he is. Because if you just looking at the size and the numbers, you would think he'd be viewed as a concensus top 20, if not first rounder in the rankings. Well he isn't.

I've brought up Colby Cohen in the past on the McCoshen front...Cohen, a 6'3'' defenceman, had 60 points in 57 USHL games in his draft year as a rookie USHLer (McCoshen just finished his 3rd year). Despite those numbers, he went mid-2nd in that pretty average 2007 draft. And he's done little in the pros.

McC's offensive numbers are nice, but he played on a team with 4 excellent USHL level forwards - 2 of them who turned 19 during the season. All 4 were well above a point per game. That can't be discounted.

Cohen was also dealt for Hunwick I believe when Colorado was in a crisis for dman.

I just really want the draft to be here.

Whitesnake 06-24-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 67903187)
Cohen was also dealt for Hunwick I believe when Colorado was in a crisis for dman.

I just really want the draft to be here.

And then Monday...we start talking about draft 2014...okay? :naughty:

Don't worry...not even me. Love the draft so much, but concentrate on what we just acquired and i usually take a 3 months break till we start seeing some 2013-2014 games...

Analyzer 06-24-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 67903501)
And then Monday...we start talking about draft 2014...okay? :naughty:

Don't worry...not even me. Love the draft so much, but concentrate on what we just acquired and i usually take a 3 months break till we start seeing some 2013-2014 games...

This year I'll have to watch all the compilations of players we've drafted and compilations of players signed until August. Then I'll get anxious again.

I'd say their post draft media scrum I'll watch about 3-4 times each. Their interviews at the rookie camp I'll watch a couple of times, too.

I'm on vacation, but even so I kinda wish it would go faster...

Frozenice 06-24-2013 02:43 PM

I'm leaning more towards getting 4 types of players in the draft:

(1) a skilled scoring winger - Klimchuk or Lehkonen type

(2) a bigger but not huge d-man - Heatherington or Eric Roy

(3) a stronger but not necessarily power forward type - DLR, Dickinson or Erne

(4) a goalie - only because it looks like we're getting one whether we want it or not.

Marc the Habs Fan 06-24-2013 02:47 PM

Sleepers and risers: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/2...eepers-risers/

WTK will approve the Bartosak mention.

Mouth watering Poirier report too.

Habsfan18 06-24-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 67905349)

Nice to see 2 of my guys mentioned, Emile Poirier and Remi Elie..the latter of which I scooped up in the annual mock draft. :nod:

edit: Austin Lotz as well, another one of my mock draft picks. I think in a few years, he has the potential to come out of the draft as one of the top goalies.

Whitesnake 06-24-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 67905349)

Happy to see that MY boy Poirier has been hyped by everybody since a few months now....

Poirier in the 1st people????? I didn't even suggest that myself and I'm a big fan, just thought that he'd easily be available beginning of 2nd...but if he's a riser and sleeper with a lot of people...he might go earlier than expected....