HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Compliance Buyout Discussion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1453657)

Homeland Security 06-25-2013 01:24 PM

Compliance Buyout Discussion

Let's keep all this talk in here.

Homeland Security 06-25-2013 01:25 PM

https://twitter.com/real_espnlebrun/...76428637003777

Real_ESPNLeBrun: Flyers announce compliance buyout on Bryzgalov. Lotsa internal dialogue on this but in the end, not a surprising decision.

SLAPSHOT723 06-25-2013 01:28 PM

You have to think Bryz goes back to Phoenix.

Jeez, they Flyers are so stupid. Trading away Richards and Carter to make room for Bryzgalov, only to [compliance] buy him out in the end. Meanwhile, there's a Stanley Cup in Los Angeles thanks to Richards and Carter.

Oh and Bryzgalov is pissedddddddd.

2ndGenIslander 06-25-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 67969771)

Jeez, they Flyers are so stupid. Trading away Richards and Carter to make room for Bryzgalov, only to [compliance] buy him out in the end. Meanwhile, there's a Stanley Cup in Los Angeles thanks to Richards and Carter.

Those are some milbury-esque moves

Degeneration Rex 06-25-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 67969771)

On TSN radio in Toronto they said Bryzgalov is hanging up the phone on media.

Homeland Security 06-25-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex (Post 67970087)

Do you blame the guy? Since the season ended its been a circus for him in regards to the compliance buyout.

kasper11 06-25-2013 01:37 PM

Congrats to the Isles. No longer hold the record for biggest buyout in NHL history.

At least, unless Dipietro gets bought out this summer.

PWJunior 06-25-2013 01:40 PM

All I care about is that we will soon see a 'Isles buyout DiPietro' in this thread. That's all I want, the rest is all noise.

Do it WangSnow, pull that trigger and put him and the rest of us out of our misery.

Homeland Security 06-25-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWJunior (Post 67970669)
All I care about is that we will soon see a 'Isles buyout DiPietro' in this thread. That's all I want, the rest is all noise.

Do it WangSnow, pull that trigger and put him and the rest of us out of our misery.

As much as it needs to happen, I don't think it does.

Strome18 06-25-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeland Security (Post 67970729)
As much as it needs to happen, I don't think it does.

I agree, he will not be bought out until Yashin is out in 2 years.

Renbarg 06-25-2013 02:06 PM

We might have to go down to the wire with the ricky decision. With the reports that snow is trying to trade him i doubt they announce anything (if they decide to buy him out) until they are sure a trade is not a possibility.

Isles Junkie 06-25-2013 02:06 PM

Getting rid of Rick NEEDS to happen. it's great they seem willing to just let him get paid while in the AHL, but it's not enough. They just need to be rid of him once and for all. Do it not just for the fans, but for the organization. It will send a clear message that the Isles are doing things right from now on.

With that said, I have zero faith he is bought out. Not when the team will still likely struggle to reach the cap floor.

Poliz24 06-25-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPurthe1 (Post 67971113)

In another two years, when yashin's buyout is up, how many years will DP have left on his contract?

seafoam 06-25-2013 02:11 PM

DiPi needs to be bought out using the AMNESTY buyout. An extra 1.5M could be the difference between adding the final piece to a cup contender or not.

seafoam 06-25-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPurthe1 (Post 67971113)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the amnesty window be closed by then?

boredmale 06-25-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seafoam (Post 67972965)
DiPi needs to be bought out using the AMNESTY buyout. An extra 1.5M could be the difference between adding the final piece to a cup contender or not.

If the Islanders buy out Dipietro they won't use Amnesty, I am pretty sure that is the case with this team(they won't let that 1.5M not help them get over the cap min). In the big picture 1.5M won't make much difference when the cap starts to reach 70M+ if the Islanders become a cap max team

As for DP getting bought out this year I have a feeling they are going to hold on to him till next summer to see if they can work out a deal for teams that have a "last chance" to buy out players. If they don't buy him out this year, his buyout value drops to 21M next summer

Darth Milbury 06-25-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasper11 (Post 67970453)
Congrats to the Isles. No longer hold the record for biggest buyout in NHL history.

At least, unless Dipietro gets bought out this summer.

Actually, when you consider issues related to term, the real world dollar value of Bryz's buyout is probably on the order of twice what it will cost the Isles to move the Rick.

Bunk Moreland 06-25-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Well judging by his actions afterwards the guy sounds like a real baby and deserved it:

http://deadspin.com/lets-watch-a-fly...ium=socialflow

Real class act

Strome18 06-25-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poliz24 (Post 67972721)
In another two years, when yashin's buyout is up, how many years will DP have left on his contract?

His contract is up in 2021.

RichOnTheLI 06-25-2013 02:37 PM

Without making fun of me, could someone please explain to me if Briere and Bryz will have a cap-hit for the remainder of their contract?

I understand the whole buy-out process, but got confused between a buy-out and a compliance buy-out.

Thanks!

boredmale 06-25-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichOnTheLI (Post 67974825)
Without making fun of me, could someone please explain to me if Briere and Bryz will have a cap-hit for the remainder of their contract?

Each team is allowed to buy out 2 players either this summer or next without it counting towards the cap. In the case of the 2 guys you mentioned those will be the Flyers 2 buyouts so no penalty as far as their cap is concerned

blitzkriegs 06-25-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Did the Flyers do their due diligence on Bryzgalov before buying him? PHO is run very, very different than PHI. Tippet is a very different coach than Lavy. Same with Maloney and Holmgren. Add in the lightning rod about being a goalie in PHI and both sides failed on that one. Bryzgalov took the money probably because nobody else was putting up that dough. In the end, he wins. He got paid.

If Ray Emry can come back from tumultuous days, then turn into a saint, Bryzgalov, in the right situation may do the same. Someone will bring him in.

JeffNYI 06-25-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichOnTheLI (Post 67974825)

I understand the whole buy-out process, but got confused between a buy-out and a compliance buy-out.

Thanks!

In the new CBA, the salary cap will start out lower than last year..

So in order for teams to be able to be in COMPLIANCE with the new, lower, cap .. they allowed each team to use two "compliance buyouts" that won't count against the cap.

But if you want to use a normal buyout and have it count against the cap, you can.

Tavaresfan91 06-25-2013 03:20 PM

I think a briere signing is right up snows alley, (Boyes) take him on a 1 year deal and watch him put up 50-60 point numbers with JT, yes I know Briere is a center but I'm sure he won't mind moving over to get top line min and play with JT ;)

IslesRock4 06-25-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 (Post 67977933)
I think a briere signing is right up snows alley, (Boyes) take him on a 1 year deal and watch him put up 50-60 point numbers with JT, yes I know Briere is a center but I'm sure he won't mind moving over to get top line min and play with JT ;)

He's played RW the last couple years anyway.