HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   about theodore (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14542)

RichardZednik#20 09-26-2003 01:45 PM

about theodore

On RDS they said that Theodore will only start about 55 games this season because they don't want to overwork him and REST HIM FOR POST SEASON :rolleyes: .

I don't want to start a big thing but I will. Could something be cooking upstairs?? Probably not but if he can'T play more than 55 games because he could be overwork, there is a problem.

RichardZednik#20 09-26-2003 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
That's still alot of games, it's good, Theo and Garon duo.. i can't wait! *drools* GO HABS GO!!!

;>

P.S I think Garon might steal the show this year.. breakthrough year for him.. thats my opinion on whats gonna happen.

I sure hope. Nothing against Theo but I'm a big Garon fan.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 09-26-2003 02:47 PM

it's good to see that I'm not alone to like Garon. Which has awesome technique and excellent size.

Munchausen 09-26-2003 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
On RDS they said that Theodore will only start about 55 games this season because they don't want to overwork him and REST HIM FOR POST SEASON :rolleyes: .

I don't want to start a big thing but I will. Could something be cooking upstairs?? Probably not but if he can'T play more than 55 games because he could be overwork, there is a problem.

It's been months now they've been saying Garon would likely play 20-25 games in the season. Nothing new or surprising here. Garon has earned that vote of confidence from management with his stellar play last year, both in the AHL and NHL.

Tricolore#20 09-26-2003 04:36 PM

I think that this will maybe irritate Jose... Do you think? Perhaps this is a good thing, it will force him to play better every night, to prove that he is without a doubt the number one goaltender.

danboulie 09-26-2003 05:08 PM

Quote:

On RDS they said that Theodore will only start about 55 games this season because they don't want to overwork him and REST HIM FOR POST SEASON

Now thats the kind of attitude we need here.
I think that Garon deserves to get about 25 starts this season. He played really well last season and showed he is worthy of starting several games.

tritone 09-27-2003 11:10 AM

Remember when

When Hackett was no#1 and everyone was saying Everything that all you guys are saying about Garon right now but they were saying it about Theo at that time. Hmmmmm. My how things have changed for Theo ...but never for the ever faithful fans who turn on a dime and constantly hope for the next hero . We are so thirsty for the next big star that we make mountains out of mohills . Garon was good, even surprising last year but please , one gets the impression he's the next Vezina trophy goalie and that Theo is just an average ho-hum all of a sudden .

RichardZednik#20 09-27-2003 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritone
When Hackett was no#1 and everyone was saying Everything that all you guys are saying about Garon right now but they were saying it about Theo at that time. Hmmmmm. My how things have changed for Theo ...but never for the ever faithful fans who turn on a dime and constantly hope for the next hero . We are so thirsty for the next big star that we make mountains out of mohills . Garon was good, even surprising last year but please , one gets the impression he's the next Vezina trophy goalie and that Theo is just an average ho-hum all of a sudden .

Are you telling me that I can't be a Garon fan. Nobody said he will be the next big star or win the vezina. Heck I don't even know if he will be a n1 oneday. I never was a big Theo fan. I love him for what he did and he is the n1 of the team but I'm a Garon fan since he is Junior in Victoriaville and I will continue supporte him and you have nothing to say about that.

tritone 09-27-2003 05:20 PM

Quote:

Are you telling me that I can't be a Garon fan. Nobody said he will be the next big star or win the vezina. Heck I don't even know if he will be a n1 oneday. I never was a big Theo fan. I love him for what he did and he is the n1 of the team but I'm a Garon fan since he is Junior in Victoriaville and I will continue supporte him and you have nothing to say about that.

Did i say anything about NOT being a Garon fan ? Be a fan great ...good for you , hey , I like Garon too . I think it's ridiculous to rest Theodore for the post-season when chances are already slim that we WON'T make the post season. Then again maybe re-read my post and I wouldn't have to explain myself

Continue to support him fine....tell me i have nothing to say about that ? last time I checked this was a message board for OPINIONS so I'll say whatever I want about what you think as long as it's being done politely I don't think you should be so defensive and paranoid , you gave your opinion and you are saying that i can't give mine ?

habitue* 09-27-2003 05:53 PM

The team is blessed to have two excellent youg goalies. If Theo is injured, they should not have any problems with Garon. Theo would normally play 55 to 60 games, amd he won't probably not play many back to back games like at the beginning of last year when he won against the Rangers on opening nite and was godawful the following against Buffalo in Montreal.