HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Replacement for Gionta as Captain (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1454545)

mattyboy 06-26-2013 02:59 PM

Replacement for Gionta as Captain

First post/thread.

Title says it all.

I'm thinking Gorges if he stays, which i hope they do. his leadership qualities cannot be traded away especially with so much young Dmen coming up.
Thoughts?

ZARTONK 06-26-2013 03:01 PM

Let's replace Gionta as a player first, then we'll talk about replacing the teams captain.

Ezpz 06-26-2013 03:03 PM

Eller.

BigDaddyLurch 06-26-2013 03:04 PM

Prust

Coldplay 06-26-2013 03:04 PM

Great way to start off your membership here, pining to replace the captain. How original.

You and WhiskeySeven oughta get along just fine (I kid, I kid). ;)

TT1 06-26-2013 03:07 PM

bring back dagenais

mattyboy 06-26-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARTONK (Post 68033703)
Let's replace Gionta as a player first, then we'll talk about replacing the teams captain.

Sorry, i meant to say, since I highly doubt we'll be resigning Gio that would mean no more Captain. Thats where My thread stems from.

Coldplay 06-26-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyboy (Post 68034203)
Sorry, i meant to say, since I highly doubt we'll be resigning Gio that would mean no more Captain. Thats where My thread stems from.

Aha, I rescind my jab at you for being unoriginal.

If Gio leaves, Gorges is a candidate for sure.

Habaneros 06-26-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyboy (Post 68033589)
First post/thread.

Title says it all.

I'm thinking Gorges if he stays, which i hope they do. his leadership qualities cannot be traded away especially with so much young Dmen coming up.
Thoughts?

It will be Vinny L......

Kriss E 06-26-2013 03:17 PM

Gionta is still on our team, he's still our captain, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was re-signed at a much cheaper price to play a smaller depth role on 3rd line.
In any event, we will see what happens in due time. For now he's our Captain.

I have no interest in seeing Gorges captain.

ZARTONK 06-26-2013 03:18 PM

Ryan White

habs03 06-26-2013 03:29 PM

Highly unlikely Gionta will be re-signed after his deal, and Gorges will be named Captain, dude stepped up and took Gallagher into his home, during the 24CH show, Therrien would also look to Gorges when asking the room questions. IMO it's pretty clear, a lot of ppl are not gonna like it, because he didn't he a good year, but if you asked this last year, everyone would be saying "Gorges AINC".

Price My Man Crush 06-26-2013 03:37 PM

The logical choices would be: Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Gorges and Subban.

Eller and Galchenyuk are our next two first centres when Plekanec is out. Galchenyuk will be our best player. But they are still young and we need to see more of them before we can say if they have leadership.

Gallagher reminds me A LOT of Gionta. Isn't Gallagher the one who said Gionta was his idol and he tries to follow him because he's a hard worker? And Gionta is the captain right now, why not? Gallagher even lives with Gorges right now. :laugh: He might be the next captain, maybe.

Gorges. Well, everybody knows why he could be the next captain and I still wonder why he's not the captain right now with the team. He has always shown leadership and the guy gives everything when he's on the ice. Just a little bit overpaid...:D

Subban? Simple, he's our best player. Everybody loves him and he showed this year that he matured a LOT. He is the face of the franchise IMO. But many people will say Subban isn't a leader for "X" reason. Haters.

habs03 06-26-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mover (Post 68035659)
The logical choices would be: Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Gorges and Subban.

Eller and Galchenyuk are our next two first centres when Plekanec is out. Galchenyuk will be our best player. But they are still young and we need to see more of them before we can say if they have leadership.

Gallagher reminds me A LOT of Gionta. Isn't Gallagher the one who said Gionta was his idol and he tries to follow him because he's a hard worker? And Gionta is the captain right now, why not? Gallagher even lives with Gorges right now. :laugh: He might be the next captain, maybe.

Gorges. Well, everybody knows why he could be the next captain and I still wonder why he's not the captain right now with the team. He has always shown leadership and the guy gives everything when he's on the ice. Just a little bit overpaid...:D

Subban? Simple, he's our best player. Everybody loves him and he showed this year that he matured a LOT. He is the face of the franchise IMO. But many people will say Subban isn't a leader for "X" reason. Haters.

Hmm good choices but all too young, Eller Gallagher and Galchenyuk maybe after whoever is named Captain after Gionta.

I like Subban but I don't think he has enough respect around the league yet, it's it's actually not his fault just bs, but point remains, I wouldn't be surprised to see him with an A but no C not atleast until when he is 30ish, reminds me a lot of how Chielos came about in the league.

Chris Cutter 06-26-2013 04:00 PM

I'd be happy with any of the following: Max Pac, Subban, Gorges, Eller, Prust.

ForeverHabs97 06-26-2013 04:00 PM

I think Prust deserves to be captain until either Eller or Galchenyuk are ready, but his skillset isn't good enough to be our captain. It just seems odd to have a 4th liner as your captain. 3rd liner maybe

GrindNMuck 06-26-2013 04:03 PM

It's pretty obvious that they will have Andrei Markov, or Tomas Plekanec wearing the C.

JayKing 06-26-2013 04:18 PM

Subban or Plekanec

Habs 06-26-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyboy (Post 68033589)
First post/thread.

Title says it all.

Thoughts?

Don't forget his shot blocking ability... worth every penny of that contract...
http://i.imgur.com/Z4YOy.gif

CaptainBenn 06-26-2013 04:37 PM

Pk Subban

Stive Morgan 06-26-2013 04:37 PM

Would be happy with any of

Subban
Pacioretty
Gorges
Plekanec
Prust

H.M. to Markov

Although later down the road I would like to see Galchenyuk with an A or C.

CoconutHockey* 06-26-2013 04:39 PM

You might have to give him a couple of years to develop, but the future captain of this franchise is named Tinordi. His progression as a player will dictate how quickly he will get the C on his jersey.

I really don't see Gorges being a captain, he seems to talk way too much, try too hard to be a leader and he's not a game-changer on the ice. Gallagher/Galchenyuk/Eller/Prust would be great assistant-captains in the future, but I don't see any captain potential in them either.

Let's please not even talk about Subban...

Chris Cutter 06-26-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverHabs97 (Post 68036839)
I think Prust deserves to be captain until either Eller or Galchenyuk are ready, but his skillset isn't good enough to be our captain. It just seems odd to have a 4th liner as your captain. 3rd liner maybe (see Winnipeg).

Are you suggesting that Ladd is a 3rd liner? :whaaa?:

overlords 06-26-2013 05:05 PM

Funny to see a few mentioning Eller. When I named him as a darkhorse for captaincy a year or two ago people looked at me like I was a ******. I can see him getting an A eventually.

I think markov or pleks gets the C when/if gionta leaves.

68* 06-26-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 68039843)
Funny to see a few mentioning Eller. When I named him as a darkhorse for captaincy a year or two ago people looked at me like I was a ******. I can see him getting an A eventually.

I think markov or pleks gets the C when/if gionta leaves.

Look at your signature. Guy is a boss. 6 ft 2 master race. I see captain potential.