HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Canucks announce John Tortorella as Head Coach ‎- Part II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1454599)

Nuckles 06-26-2013 05:29 PM

Canucks announce John Tortorella as Head Coach ‎- Part II

Last thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1452329

Continue

Virtanen2Horvat 06-26-2013 05:31 PM

First! can't wait to see him coach I hope it helps the team.

BC Boy 06-26-2013 05:39 PM

Watched a bit of that press conference clip. He's pretty direct and articulates well. We'll see how that translates into games. I liked the mention of the Sedins killing penalties as well. I think with the right trades a more well-rounded team will allow everyone to become complete players and get us back to the finals and hopefully a cup.

SighReally 06-26-2013 05:40 PM

Can we start banning the phrase "I heard from multiple sources Kassian isn't committed to fitness" or any combination of? This is actually getting ridiculous.

PeanutButterFingers 06-26-2013 05:42 PM

I'm pretty jacked up.

Timmer44 06-26-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SighReally (Post 68038741)
Can we start banning the phrase "I heard from multiple sources Kassian isn't committed to fitness" or any combination of? This is actually getting ridiculous.

If you or anyone you know has been in a club in Vancouver over the last year you don't need multiple sources...

I wonder if Torts will adopt AV's "special program", that he used for Shane OB, for Kassian.

KDizzle 06-26-2013 05:57 PM

I'm anxious to get the season going. Since I stopped paying attention to the playoffs a long time ago, I keep forgetting the season just ended 2 days ago.

Still have a long way to go before puck drop and more importantly, longer in getting to know the new coaching staff's tendencies.

It won't be until later in the season when we fully get an understanding out how Torts deals with in-game management, dealing with leads, not scoring enough, etc. that were all perceived issues with AV. If it stays exactly the same, the issue is clearly with the players... but if there's any sign of an increase in mental fortitude (i.e. bite/stiffness) then I think this hire will pay off at least in the near future.

We shall see.

canuck4life16 06-26-2013 06:01 PM

my favourite part is Kesler toughing higgins bread :laugh:

Moore Money 06-26-2013 06:07 PM

will be interesting to see the Sedins killing penalties again. They'll get into games now when we get screwed by the refs.. like all playoff games.

Petey Cee 06-26-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuck4life16 (Post 68039713)

Wow kesler takes teammates food

PRNuck 06-26-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuck4life16 (Post 68039713)

:laugh: Had to watch it twice before I realized there is no bread and you meant beard.

ddawg1950 06-26-2013 06:33 PM

Thanks for the link, Godless Servant.

And as you say, there are consequences for running your mouth.

Just ask the guy Scotty Pippen decked the other day. Called him a ******. [mod]

Last Scotty saw, the guy was taken away. in an ambulance.

And since Hodgy won't produce his multiple sources maintaining that Kassian is a head case, I'll presume he does not have any.

Hollywood Burrows 06-26-2013 06:39 PM

Some people saw Kassian around town. Apparently when a guy goes to the club that means he's automatically lazy and doesn't care. What BS. somebody should tell Lebron and the rest of the Heat. Those guys were taking trips to Vegas during the playoffs.

Oh and that Kesler/Higgins embrace and gentle beard-touch made my day.

Vankiller Whale 06-26-2013 06:45 PM

Patrick Kane's a lazy bum. He goes to clubs. I doubt he'll ever make a meaningful impact on his team, especially in the playoffs.

yoss 06-26-2013 07:08 PM

Everyone complains about the Canucks being soft, hoping Torts can ingest some toughness in the team and help with forming more of a team identity.

I am genuinely excited to see what happens. Be nice to resolve the Luongo situation as well.

Should be an fun ride this season, looking forward to it.

Stories Tales Lies 06-26-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoss (Post 68042737)
Everyone complains about the Canucks being soft, hoping Torts can ingest some toughness in the team and help with forming more of a team identity.

I am genuinely excited to see what happens. Be nice to resolve the Luongo situation as well.

Should be an fun ride this season, looking forward to it.

IMO there is going to have to be a massive change in order to achieve more "stiffness and bite" without increasing the ridiculous amount of penalties we take

yoss 06-26-2013 07:15 PM

^ By that I mean more so mental toughness, fortitude. They seem to be physical enough and hit when they need t for the most part.

yoss 06-26-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome (Post 68043031)
IMO there is going to have to be a massive change in order to achieve more "stiffness and bite" without increasing the ridiculous amount of penalties we take

I think just in the sense of a change in attitude may be beneficial. AV always looked too carefree and complacent for me towards the end of his tenure here, though generally speaking I was a fan of his.

Or so that's what I'm hoping for, whether it happens or not we'll see.

Stories Tales Lies 06-26-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoss (Post 68043153)
I think just in the sense of a change in attitude may be beneficial. AV always looked too carefree and complacent for me towards the end of his tenure here, though generally speaking I was a fan of his.

Agree, Im also looking forward to the lines not being on constant shuffle and Im interested to see where he plays Kesler.

Tanev 06-26-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Burrows (Post 68041351)
Some people saw Kassian around town. Apparently when a guy goes to the club that means he's automatically lazy and doesn't care. What BS. somebody should tell Lebron and the rest of the Heat. Those guys were taking trips to Vegas during the playoffs.

Oh and that Kesler/Higgins embrace and gentle beard-touch made my day.

Its funny, somewhere along the way people forgot these are just hockey players, they drink, fight and ****, Obviously this isn't true for all NHL players but for many it is, especially in their youth.

These people sacrifice almost everything to get into the NHL and most continue so they stay relevant, they should be able to blow off some steam without having some sexually repressed individual drag their name through the mud. That whole Pat Kane drama was a joke and lets give Kassian some time.

StringerBell 06-26-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome (Post 68043339)
Agree, Im also looking forward to the lines not being on constant shuffle and Im interested to see where he plays Kesler.

I don't think AV shuffled lines any more than the average coach. I expect Torts do as much, if not more shuffling.

racerjoe 06-26-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godless Servant (Post 68043371)
Its funny, somewhere along the way people forgot these are just hockey players, they drink, fight and ****, Obviously this isn't true for all NHL players but for many it is, especially in their youth.

These people sacrifice almost everything to get into the NHL and most continue so they stay relevant, they should be able to blow off some steam without having some sexually repressed individual drag their name through the mud. That whole Pat Kane drama was a joke and lets give Kassian some time.

Are you including the cab incident?

Stories Tales Lies 06-26-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerjoe (Post 68044141)
Are you including the cab incident?

Perhaps he is just talking about the alleged girl strangling thing :dunno:

mossey3535 06-26-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoss (Post 68043153)

I really think you have to split up AV's time here into three eras. It's the last two years that were where he started to get complacent.

Wisp 06-26-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godless Servant (Post 68043371)

Players should be criticized for breaches for character. Always. Pat Kane should be criticized mercilessly for some of the stuff he did.

I think of Steubenville in the states and think absolutely athletes SHOULD NOT be given a free pass because they need to 'blow off steam.'

That said, Kassian hasn't done anything egregious in Vancouver aside from clubbing around like a young person.