HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dreger: Jake Gardiner for top center (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1454991)

Frodo Baggins 06-27-2013 07:51 AM

Jake Gardiner for top center

On TSN 690 this morning dreger states that the maple leafs will be all in at the draft and a name they are shopping is Jake Gardiner for a center they are targeting. Wasn't sure who but started discussing Edmontons willingness to make a splash as well and wondered if they'd be willing to move RNH

Garbage Goal 06-27-2013 07:53 AM

What the hell has gotten into Toronto?

PensBandwagonerNo272 06-27-2013 07:54 AM

I don't know what's up but Dreger has just been stirring the pot with random rumors lately. TSN must be pressuring him into doing so, because he and Bob used to only discuss concretely backed info.

Anyway, I don't need to be a "TSN insider" to know that there is no way in hell Edmonton would consider trading RNH in a deal based on Jake Gardiner.

Buckets and Gloves 06-27-2013 07:55 AM

You mean Gardiner++ for a top line center.

Jake the snake won't fetch a top line center on his lonesome... add this years 1st and a decent prospect/roster player

MRB 06-27-2013 07:55 AM

:naughty:I can not believe that the leafs are looking to trade a Dman for a centre

CB Joe 06-27-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 (Post 68065701)
I don't know what's up but Dreger has just been stirring the pot with random rumors lately. TSN must be pressuring him into doing so, because he and Bob used to only discuss concretely backed info.

Anyway, I don't need to be a "TSN insider" to know that there is no way in hell Edmonton would consider trading RNH in a deal based on Jake Gardiner.

Agreed. It would have to be based around Reilly.

Also, why would Edmonton trade a center. I could understand if it was one of their wingers.

OneMoreAstronaut 06-27-2013 07:56 AM

I'm sure Edmonton would love to have no centers.

Marvelous Manked 06-27-2013 07:56 AM

Well if you're talking about RNH, it's going to cost quite a bit more than Gardiner IMO.

Gardiner to me lands a very good #2 or a below average #1 guy. That's just my opinion of course.

Frodo Baggins 06-27-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 (Post 68065701)

The way he worded it, it was hard to tell whether he was linking the two teams together or if he was stating seperately about Edmonton making a splash. It was all under the same breath when he was mentioning a name like Phaneuf to Edmonton could make sense.

Either way Gardiner is in play which seems beyond silly to me.

NugentHopkinsfan 06-27-2013 07:57 AM

why would the Oilers move RNH and be left with no top line C?

And what else would Toronto add to make that happen, RNH has the potential to score 100 points in the NHL, elite vision and passing and incredible defensive ability already. Just wait until he gets stronger he'll be a top 5 center in the league for many years. They can find their Jake Gardiner down the road no need to trade a guy they just picked first overall.

This is just Cousin Darren throwing **** out there again.

PensBandwagonerNo272 06-27-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins (Post 68065847)
The way he worded it, it was hard to tell whether he was linking the two teams together or if he was stating seperately about Edmonton making a splash. It was all under the same breath when he was mentioning a name like Phaneuf to Edmonton could make sense.

Either way, I feel comfortable rephrasing myself and saying: there is no way in hell RNH considers trading RNH period.

drewski1988 06-27-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins (Post 68065847)
The way he worded it, it was hard to tell whether he was linking the two teams together or if he was staring seperately about Edmonton making a splash. It was all under the same breath when he was mentioning a name like Phaneuf to Edmonton could make sense.

Yeah I agree. I listened to it as well and he didn't directly link the two teams to talking, just that it could possibly make sense being Edm is looking for a dman and Phaneuf is from Edmonton.

Should get interesting!!

Hemsky4PM 06-27-2013 08:00 AM

Statsny
Gagner

Not exactly "top centers".

Toronto is better off to just keep Bozak, or look at Ribeiro or Weiss as a UFA.

RNH is actually beyond laughable. Dreger should be pretty ashamed of even throwing that out there. Silly.

Colorado Avalanche 06-27-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins (Post 68065603)
On TSN 690 this morning dreger states that the maple leafs will be all in at the draft and a name they are shopping is Jake Gardiner for a center they are targeting. Wasn't sure who but started discussing Edmontons willingness to make a splash as well and wondered if they'd be willing to move RNH

Their strategy might have changed, Lecavalier just became available.

Frodo Baggins 06-27-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 (Post 68065949)
Either way, I feel comfortable rephrasing myself and saying: there is no way in hell RNH considers trading RNH period.

I'm with you on that one. Curious what Edmonton will do since he thinks they'll make a big splash aside from hemsky and horcoff

Frodo Baggins 06-27-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewski1988 (Post 68065957)
Yeah I agree. I listened to it as well and he didn't directly link the two teams to talking, just that it could possibly make sense being Edm is looking for a dman and Phaneuf is from Edmonton.

Should get interesting!!

Glad someone else heard it. Phaneuf makes more sense to me

deuce457 06-27-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM (Post 68065993)
Statsny
Gagner

RNH is actually beyond laughable. Dreger should be pretty ashamed of even throwing that out there. Silly.

Dreger is an idiot, people should stop listening to him.

Colorado Avalanche 06-27-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Statsny
Gagner

Really, Weiss is option for top-6 center? Stastny isn't? or Gagner for that matter.. Ribeiro would be good, but he's getting there in age.

Hutz 06-27-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CB Joe (Post 68065781)
Agreed. It would have to be based around Reilly.

Also, why would Edmonton trade a center. I could understand if it was one of their wingers.

That's why the speculation is wrong. That part at least.

If he'd named almost anyone else on the team, it might have a modicum of plausibility. Don't see any way RNH goes anywhere unless it's for an even better centre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche (Post 68066345)
Really, Weiss is option for top-6 center? Stastny isn't? or Gagner for that matter.. Ribeiro would be good, but he's getting there in age.

I understood that to mean that they're all in the same league, none of them first line centres, but that since Weiss and Ribeiro would come for free, they'd be smarter to go that route.

Orca Smash 06-27-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan (Post 68065861)
why would the Oilers move RNH and be left with no top line C?

And what else would Toronto add to make that happen, RNH has the potential to score 100 points in the NHL, elite vision and passing and incredible defensive ability already. Just wait until he gets stronger he'll be a top 5 center in the league for many years. They can find their Jake Gardiner down the road no need to trade a guy they just picked first overall.

This is just Cousin Darren throwing **** out there again.

I like dreger when it comes to rumors not regarding the leafs, but when it comes to the leafs half the stuff he says sounds like it is being spread out for his cousins best interests and has been approved by the leafs themselves as something they want to throw out there. He gets the leafs scoops, and in return he will spread news/gossip/feelers approved by his cousin.

topchowda 06-27-2013 08:14 AM

Wont discuss trading RNH because I think he is next to untradeable. But like the poster above noted. Gardiner right now could land you a Statsny or Gagner, could very well change next year.

bobbyflex 06-27-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Statsny
Gagner

i'd take Stastny over Weiss easily

416Leafer 06-27-2013 08:15 AM

Gardiner for a top centre?

I would assume that means for a high pick with a chance to become a top centre... because Gardiner is not worth a proven top centre.

Valic 06-27-2013 08:18 AM

Gardner for Gagner makes some sense.

RNH for Gardner does not.

bobbyflex 06-27-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valic (Post 68066851)
Gardner for Gagner makes some sense.

RNH for Gardner does not.

not for the Leafs