HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   TSN: Cory Schneider is in play for Trade Discussion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1456647)

Mr. Canucklehead 06-29-2013 10:24 AM

Cory Schneider is in play for Trade Discussion

As per Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger:

Quote:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1h
It's getting interesting. 2 sources say Corey Schneider is in play. 1st and a prospect part of asking price. Suspect Oilers in on talks.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Quote:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1h
As per @DarrenDreger, VAN G Cory Schneider is in play and EDM is reportedly one of the teams interested.
Quote:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1h
Schneider news might simply be a back-up plan (no pun intended)...if they're unable to move Luongo. Check what other asset is worth.
That last bit makes far too much sense.

Anyway...have at it!

Nuckles 06-29-2013 10:27 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m48xv4svpG1qh19o2.gif

Gillis should write a "how to _____ for dummies" book regarding goalie controversies. :sarcasm:

John Bender* 06-29-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuckles (Post 68189961)
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m48xv4svpG1qh19o2.gif

Gillis should write a "how to _____ for dummies" book regarding goalie controversies. :sarcasm:

No, he should read one.

Mr. Canucklehead 06-29-2013 10:28 AM

The idea of Schneider suiting up for Edmonton (or Luongo for that matter) makes me feel ill. If they are indeed in on the talks, I hope Gillis is able to get a strong package in return. A 1st and a prospect are part of the asking price. One would assume a roster player would be as well.

John Bender* 06-29-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 68190013)
The idea of Schneider suiting up for Edmonton (or Luongo for that matter) makes me feel ill. If they are indeed in on the talks, I hope Gillis is able to get a strong package in return. A 1st and a prospect are part of the asking price. One would assume a roster player would be as well.

One of the big 4. Seriously. You have to overpay to make vancouver stomach trading him to a team that is such a rival and that they play so often.

VeteranNetPresence 06-29-2013 10:30 AM

i would seriously rather they buyout luongo and get nothing in return than give edmonton a goalie for some mediocre return

and i'm not kidding. i don't care how irrational that sounds

Mr. Canucklehead 06-29-2013 10:31 AM

Additionally - one would assume that the Canucks could only be entertaining this notion if they had spoken to Luongo and ascertained that he would be willing to stay on as a No. 1 if Schneider were dealt instead.

thepuckmonster 06-29-2013 10:31 AM

If we get rid of Cory I swear to god I'm going to punch babies.

Keeping Luongo at this point after the "I would tear up my contract if I could" ******** is on the same ****ery level as losing Pavel and signing Messier.

Like **** off just buy Luongo out Aquaman before you make the biggest mistake of your ownership tenure.

Wilch 06-29-2013 10:33 AM

So if we can't move Luongo we need to move Schneider?

That's like saying "Since I can't sell this 1995 Honda Civic, I should sell off the new Lexus IS 200 I just bought like two years ago for a higher price."

John Bender* 06-29-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence (Post 68190107)
i would seriously rather they buyout luongo and get nothing in return than give edmonton a goalie for some mediocre return

Edmonton fans are willing to give a 2nd rounder or maybe the 22nd pick. They cite his performance against San Jose. **** them.

Mr. Canucklehead 06-29-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanGrossman (Post 68190239)
Edmonton fans are willing to give a 2nd rounder or maybe the 22nd pick. They cite his performance against San Jose. **** them.

I'd laugh, but I remember a lot of laughter at offered returns for Luongo last summer.

Honestly, I don't feel 100% confident in Gillis at this stage. I have a lot of questions about this whole thing.

luongo321 06-29-2013 10:36 AM

I was so pissed off when they traded coho at the trade deadline. They should have sucked it up and traded coho and schneids in a package at the end of that 11/12 season. That would have been a massive return.

Nash 06-29-2013 10:36 AM

Oh great, another baseless Dreger trolling of Vancouver. To Edmonton you say. Yes that makes sense. We are each others favorite trading partners. :sarcasm:

Wilch 06-29-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 68190013)

Yakupov and the 7th OA this year is the minimum.

And I'm sure the Oiler fans won't entertain that idea, so I can see this thread being invaded shortly and infractions handed out subsequently.

Mr. Canucklehead 06-29-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilch (Post 68190217)
So if we can't move Luongo we need to move Schneider?

That's like saying "Since I can't sell this 1995 Honda Civic, I should sell off the new Lexus IS 200 I just bought like two years ago for a higher price."

Luongo is not a 1995 Civic. Contracts excluded, both he and Schneider are excellent goaltenders. The thing that makes Schneider more appealing in that regard is his age. But if we can deal one of them for a strong return that helps our team, I don't think we're that much worse off retaining the other as our goaltender, whoever it may be.

thepuckmonster 06-29-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilch (Post 68190369)
Yakupov and the 7th OA this year is the minimum.

And I'm sure the Oiler fans won't entertain that idea, so I can see this thread being invaded shortly and infractions handed out subsequently.

Pretty much.

I've never had more irrational hatred for Luongo than I do now.

ddawg1950 06-29-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence (Post 68190107)

Does not sound irrational at all.

If we were to move Corey to the Oil, and fnally give them quality galtending, I want a roster player ((not Horcoff), a 1st rounder and good prospect.

Nash 06-29-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 68190385)
Luongo is not a 1995 Civic. Contracts excluded, both he and Schneider are excellent goaltenders. The thing that makes Schneider more appealing in that regard is his age. But if we can deal one of them for a strong return that helps our team, I don't think we're that much worse off retaining the other as our goaltender, whoever it may be.

I agree. I want the best return. I'm comfortable with Luongo. He might even be better with a coach who doesn't leave him in for 8 against to tarnish his image.

John Bender* 06-29-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash (Post 68190351)
Oh great, another baseless Dreger trolling of Vancouver. To Edmonton you say. Yes that makes sense. We are each others favorite trading partners. :sarcasm:

Say what you want about dreger, bug he does not float baseless reports. I am hoping that gillis is intentionally floating this out there to try and prop up luongo return. I do worry that maybe aqualung has become involved and that money may be a driving factor though

thepuckmonster 06-29-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

The difference in return is not great enough to make up for the downgrade for us. Yeah Luongo was a ****ing stud but Cory is younger, more talented and has a better contract now.

I will lose all faith in Gillis if he moves Schneider for a late ****ing first that won't help us for another 3 years and some tweener prospect like MPS.

Wilch 06-29-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

I think Schneider has been the better player here. My analogy is an exaggeration, but you get the point.

As I've mentioned in my other post, this year's 1st and an impact player on ELC will be the minimum requirement if I was Gillis.

That player on ELC is either RNH or Yakupov. Since their center depth sucks, it won't be RNH.

John Bender* 06-29-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddawg1950 (Post 68190441)
Does not sound irrational at all.

If we were to move Corey to the Oil, and fnally give them quality galtending, I want a roster player ((not Horcoff), a 1st rounder and good prospect.

Justin Schultz and the number 7.

VeteranNetPresence 06-29-2013 10:41 AM

doesn't pittsburgh need a goalie? i know they have some cap problems but surely edmonton can't be the only team interested

John Bender* 06-29-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepuckmonster (Post 68190505)
The difference in return is not great enough to make up for the downgrade for us. Yeah Luongo was a ****ing stud but Cory is younger, more talented and has a better contract now.

I will lose all faith in Gillis if he moves Schneider for a late ****ing first that won't help us for another 3 years and some tweener prospect like MPS.

Ill be done as a fan until gillis is gone.

thepuckmonster 06-29-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence (Post 68190577)
doesn't pittsburgh need a goalie? i know they have some cap problems but surely edmonton can't be the only team interested

Letang or GTFO. I'm not even kidding.