HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Speculation: 2013 Offseason Thread Part VI: Vinny Lecavalier chooses Philly (5 years, $4.5M per) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1456689)

Kahuna Nanu 06-29-2013 11:24 AM

2013 Offseason Thread Part VI: Vinny Lecavalier chooses Philly (5 years, $4.5M per)
 
Continue.

Tawnos 06-29-2013 11:33 AM

It looks to me like we're going to have $2-3m to add a depth D and/or another winger. Not a whole lot to work with.

Lundsanity30 06-29-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawnos (Post 68193209)
It looks to me like we're going to have $2-3m to add a depth D and/or another winger. Not a whole lot to work with.

depends if Sather can move any of Asham, Powe or Pyatt.. That would really help. let Haley center the 4th line with Boyle and Dorsett on the wing.. that would be alot of savings right there.

Tawnos 06-29-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 (Post 68193457)
depends if Sather can move any of Asham, Powe or Pyatt.. That would really help. let Haley center the 4th line with Boyle and Dorsett on the wing.. that would be alot of savings right there.

One of those three will be our 13th forward. Besides, no need to trade players that you can just demote.

I'm not a big believer it building a roster that forces you to make decisions on who makes the team based on the Cap.

BarbaraAlphanse 06-29-2013 11:46 AM

I really want Cal Clutterbuck. He's available. Great 3rd line addition in my opinion.

eyjee 06-29-2013 11:51 AM

I'm telling you guys, I say it every thread. Deal DZ for a first and a winger. Sign Nystrom. Sign Roszival. Let's go to work with that team.

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Brassard - Callahan
DZ Winger - Richards - Zuccs
Nystrom - Boyle - Dorsett
Asham

Staal - G
McD - Stralman
Moore - Rozy
Eminger

Hank

Waive or Deal Powe for a late pick or like a 6th in 2014. Let Haley battle Asham for the extra forward spot, and hope he wins it to save some money on the cap by losing Asham. Thomas and another forward (Jean? Newbury? Fast? Lindberg?) will likely start the year in NY due to injuries to Hags and Callahan. Will they play well enough to keep their spots? Also think the team might stick with Pyatt instead of opting for Nystrom, as Pyatt and AV have a history.

Not a lot of turnover. Look at Chicago. By my count, 13 players who played on opening night for them in 2011-2012 just won the cup. Thirteen.

By comparison, the Rangers team that opened in 11/12 had just 10 of the same players to the team that finished the season this past year. Too much turnover all the time with this team.

I liked our team on paper that ended last season. Let's give these guys a shot under a new coach. No need to add a big name FA this year. Let other teams bid themselves into cap hell.

MacTruck 06-29-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenjets36 (Post 68193857)
I really want Cal Clutterbuck. He's available. Great 3rd line addition in my opinion.

I don't see how we have any room for him cap-wise.

Although I think he would make our team that much deeper.

Kreider Stepan Nash
Zuccarello Brassard Callahan
Hagelin Richards Clutterbuck
Asham/Haley Boyle Dorsett

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Del Zotto
Moore Stralman

Punxrocknyc19* 06-29-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 (Post 68193457)
depends if Sather can move any of Asham, Powe or Pyatt.. That would really help. let Haley center the 4th line with Boyle and Dorsett on the wing.. that would be alot of savings right there.

other teams would trade Boyle and give Oscar Lindberg a real look to make the team. lets hope Sather dumps Boyle's salary. he is overpaid for what he does... Lindberg deserves a shot.. a lot of players come from the SEL and make the NHL without time in the AHL... let's see if Lindberg can do that..

eyjee 06-29-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacTruck (Post 68194281)
I don't see how we have any room for him cap-wise.

Although I think he would make our team that much deeper.

Kreider Stepan Nash
Zuccarello Brassard Callahan
Clutterbuck Richards Hagelin
Asham/Haley Boyle Dorsett

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Del Zotto
Moore Stralman

Switch Hags and Zuccs. No need to play them where they're not comfortable.

Lundsanity30 06-29-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 68194071)
I'm telling you guys, I say it every thread. Deal DZ for a first and a winger. Sign Nystrom. Sign Roszival. Let's go to work with that team.

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Brassard - Callahan
DZ Winger - Richards - Zuccs
Nystrom - Boyle - Dorsett
Asham

Staal - G
McD - Stralman
Moore - Rozy
Eminger

Hank

Waive or Deal Powe for a late pick or like a 6th in 2014. Let Haley battle Asham for the extra forward spot, and hope he wins it to save some money on the cap by losing Asham. Thomas and another forward (Jean? Newbury? Fast? Lindberg?) will likely start the year in NY due to injuries to Hags and Callahan. Will they play well enough to keep their spots? Also think the team might stick with Pyatt instead of opting for Nystrom, as Pyatt and AV have a history.

Not a lot of turnover. Look at Chicago. By my count, 13 players who played on opening night for them in 2011-2012 just won the cup. Thirteen.

By comparison, the Rangers team that opened in 11/12 had just 10 of the same players to the team that finished the season this past year. Too much turnover all the time with this team.

I liked our team on paper that ended last season. Let's give these guys a shot under a new coach. No need to add a big name FA this year. Let other teams bid themselves into cap hell.

I would like someone better than a 3rd liner for Del Zotto

Vitto79 06-29-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 (Post 68193457)
depends if Sather can move any of Asham, Powe or Pyatt.. That would really help. let Haley center the 4th line with Boyle and Dorsett on the wing.. that would be alot of savings right there.

reality is any 12/13 F likely makes 700K to a million. Another Rupp for Powe type deal involving Pyatt this time will save around 500K

Punxrocknyc19* 06-29-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacTruck (Post 68194281)
I don't see how we have any room for him cap-wise.

Although I think he would make our team that much deeper.

Kreider Stepan Nash
Zuccarello Brassard Callahan
Hagelin Richards Clutterbuck
Asham/Haley Boyle Dorsett

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Del Zotto
Moore Stralman


Clutterbuck makes the same as Brian Boyle... Boyle is gonna make 1.8 next year :shakehead let's hope Sather trades him at the draft. :yo:

Lundsanity30 06-29-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 68194283)
other teams would trade Boyle and give Oscar Lindberg a real look to make the team. lets hope Sather dumps Boyle's salary. he is overpaid for what he does... Lindberg deserves a shot.. a lot of players come from the SEL and make the NHL without time in the AHL... let's see if Lindberg can do that..

possible.. either way, we just need a competent bottom 6. that goes along way in being a contender.

eyjee 06-29-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 (Post 68194403)
I would like someone better than a 3rd liner for Del Zotto

Don't discount the value of the first. Also assume that winger is good enough to be interchangeable with Hagelin.

Lundsanity30 06-29-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 68194435)
Clutterbuck makes the same as Brian Boyle... Boyle is gonna make 1.8 next year :shakehead let's hope Sather trades him at the draft. :yo:

is Boyle really making almost 2M next year?

Vitto79 06-29-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 68194283)
other teams would trade Boyle and give Oscar Lindberg a real look to make the team. lets hope Sather dumps Boyle's salary. he is overpaid for what he does... Lindberg deserves a shot.. a lot of players come from the SEL and make the NHL without time in the AHL... let's see if Lindberg can do that..

they dealt a 3rd for Boyle when he was not established so if they can somehow get a 2nd or even the 3rd back in this yrs draft I agree its a good move.

Cant really bank on Lindberg but he may be ready. Worst case is sign a 4th liner like Lapierre or Hendriks for less than the 1.7 Boyle made and its a good deal. They have Richards, Stepan, Brassard down the pipe anyway. Just get a cheaper faceoff/PK guy

nsvoyageurs 06-29-2013 12:02 PM

Some rumours from tsn.ca

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426595

Punxrocknyc19* 06-29-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 (Post 68194495)
is Boyle really making almost 2M next year?

yea sadly he is http://capgeek.com/player/1020 :help:

Punxrocknyc19* 06-29-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 68194553)
they dealt a 3rd for Boyle when he was not established so if they can somehow get a 2nd or even the 3rd back in this yrs draft I agree its a good move.

Cant really bank on Lindberg but he may be ready. Worst case is sign a 4th liner like Lapierre or Hendriks for less than the 1.7 Boyle made and its a good deal. They have Richards, Stepan, Brassard down the pipe anyway. Just get a cheaper faceoff/PK guy

sign Lapierre trade Boyle. Lapierre brings more energy, Rangers seem to need that at times last year.. Lappy Haley Dorsett on the team at certain times can help the Rangers... Boyle slows the pace too much. Rangers need more speed in the lineup that can put up pts not guys like Powe. Powe will make $1,150,000 next year :help: trade him too please http://capgeek.com/player/753

Lundsanity30 06-29-2013 12:05 PM

What do you guys think it would take for Clutterbuck?

Vitto79 06-29-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 68194435)
Clutterbuck makes the same as Brian Boyle... Boyle is gonna make 1.8 next year :shakehead let's hope Sather trades him at the draft. :yo:

Is Dorsett not the same as Clutterbuck, some team will have a great player in Clutterbuck but I dont think the Rangers need to go there since they have a similar player

Bolye is tradeable even at 2 million actual bucks, less on the cap.

As for DZ if they move him they need a RD and an offensive guy, Free Agents get overpaid so I would expect a young offensive RD back in a DZ deal even though yea they need a top 6 winger. Good change DZ is gone or again a balzy Staal deal

Kahuna Nanu 06-29-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 68194435)
Clutterbuck makes the same as Brian Boyle... Boyle is gonna make 1.8 next year :shakehead let's hope Sather trades him at the draft. :yo:

Boyle is a better player than Clutterbuck.

Punxrocknyc19* 06-29-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 68194869)
Is Dorsett not the same as Clutterbuck, some team will have a great player in Clutterbuck but I dont think the Rangers need to go there since they have a similar player

Bolye is tradeable even at 2 million actual bucks, less on the cap.

As for DZ if they move him they need a RD and an offensive guy, Free Agents get overpaid so I would expect a young offensive RD back in a DZ deal even though yea they need a top 6 winger. Good change DZ is gone or again a balzy Staal deal

no Clutterbuck is more skilled and more of a 3rd liner than Dorsett.. Clutterbuck scored 19 goals a few years ago...

BarbaraAlphanse 06-29-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 68194869)
Is Dorsett not the same as Clutterbuck, some team will have a great player in Clutterbuck but I dont think the Rangers need to go there since they have a similar player

Bolye is tradeable even at 2 million actual bucks, less on the cap.

As for DZ if they move him they need a RD and an offensive guy, Free Agents get overpaid so I would expect a young offensive RD back in a DZ deal even though yea they need a top 6 winger. Good change DZ is gone or again a balzy Staal deal

Clutterbuck is a lot stronger on his skates, a lot stronger along the boards.

Punxrocknyc19* 06-29-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB v2 0 (Post 68194907)
Boyle is a better player than Clutterbuck.

:help: :shakehead this is a joke right






id deal Thomas and the rights to Ryan Clowe for 2ed in 2014 and Clutterbuck


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.