HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Thank You, Nathan Horton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1456821)

qc 06-29-2013 12:40 PM

Thank You, Nathan Horton
 
First Ference leaves, now Horty is gone too.

Such an important player and a great guy; it's sad to see him go :cry:

Happy trails and thanks for everything!

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pu...tanley-cup.jpg

zaYG 06-29-2013 12:43 PM

He was great to watch. I was so worried about him leaving after this postseason but honestly, I don't think I could take another season of me bashing my head against the wall for him.

I think it is for the best. I hope he has some success wherever he may go. Realistically I think Montreal is the best place for him to end up though and that would make me :cry:

13Hockey 06-29-2013 12:43 PM

Thanks for 2011 Nate

Game 7 vs Montreal is one of my favorite moments of all time

Dellstrom 06-29-2013 12:43 PM

7-1 in the playoffs and some unforgettable memories.

Thanks for everything and nothing but luck whether you go.

William Faulkner 06-29-2013 12:44 PM

Is this... official?

Morris Wanchuk 06-29-2013 12:45 PM

Hope he follows the money to a crap team and is back wallowing in misery like he was in Florida.

Guy can do what he wants. Doesn't mean you got to be happy for him.

Rubber Biscuit 06-29-2013 12:45 PM

2011 was going to have to end at some point.

Thanks for everything Nate. Best of luck.

I'll be rooting for him wherever else he plays.

Bruwinz37 06-29-2013 12:45 PM

Pretty much official.

In spite of his improved play in the playoffs the inconsistent play and injuries are a real concern.

Time to find a new piece...a tougher piece. Clarkson?

BruinsPortugal 06-29-2013 12:46 PM

Not financial, just moving on? wow i tought we had "something" Nate...

Too bad, i liked him. Moving on then!

N o o d l e s 06-29-2013 12:47 PM

Enjoy your money Horton, maybe you can make $6m and go back to irrelevance in Florida :yo:

Twisted Tales 06-29-2013 12:49 PM

I always liked him, but ever since he came back from his concussion he lost his physical play - this is what made him good. Sure, he was great in the playoffs (if you look at his numbers), but he coasted way too much. All the best to him.

He says he loves Boston and wants to stay there, and now THIS?? Damn, just say something like Ference (at the very least). This whole "wanting a New Beginning" thing is kind of an insult. But, whatever.

BklyNBruiN 06-29-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal (Post 68201241)
Not financial, just moving on? wow i tought we had "something" Nate...

Too bad, i liked him. Moving on then!

:laugh: I wish him all the best with much success.. Nate Nasty :laugh:

Chris7 06-29-2013 12:51 PM

Wonder why he wants to move on. I thought he wanted to stay. Are they that far apart?

Ten Thousand Hours 06-29-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk (Post 68201165)
Hope he follows the money to a crap team and is back wallowing in misery like he was in Florida.

Guy can do what he wants. Doesn't mean you got to be happy for him.

Seriously? Why so bitter?

I hope the best for him. He's done nothing wrong.

UsernameWasTaken 06-29-2013 12:53 PM

do you know why he decided to move on? his agent said he/boston didn't even exchange proposals.

was he unhappy? you guys were so close to the cup - i'm surprised he wouldn't want to come back.

neelynugs 06-29-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 (Post 68201221)
Pretty much official.

In spite of his improved play in the playoffs the inconsistent play and injuries are a real concern.

Time to find a new piece...a tougher piece. Clarkson?

wouldn't be surprised if iginla was back in play. or lecavalier. maybe clarkson or clowe but think they'll get overpaid as secondary offensive guys who are tough.

ronwm 06-29-2013 12:56 PM

Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 15m
Spoke w/Nathan Horton's agent, Paul Krepelka: he informed Bruins he's moving on & wants "a new beginning" at another NHL spot #BruinsTalk

Maybe he a Lucic had a spat? :sarcasm:

Culture of Hockey 06-29-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken (Post 68201729)
do you know why he decided to move on? his agent said he/boston didn't even exchange proposals.

was he unhappy? you guys were so close to the cup - i'm surprised he wouldn't want to come back.

Who knows?

It's pretty clear that signing Tuukka to a long-term deal is priority #1, and the B's are pretty tight up against the cap. Team/Player might never have been close.

I honestly never got the sense that a "hometown discount" would be in play for 18. Based on his playoff performance (disappearing act against your Hawks not withstanding) he can get paid more elsewhere.

A Bruin fan really should thank him for his playoff efforts, especially game 7 2001 against MTL. But I'll be honest; Ference moving away stings more than this does.

Confound 06-29-2013 01:00 PM

Letting go of Horton and possibly trading Seguin? That's horrible... Im a big fan of PC, but he better not screw this off season up.

Morris Wanchuk 06-29-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronwm (Post 68201877)
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 15m
Spoke w/Nathan Horton's agent, Paul Krepelka: he informed Bruins he's moving on & wants "a new beginning" at another NHL spot #BruinsTalk

Maybe he a Lucic had a spat? :sarcasm:

Sounds like he wants to be the star like he was in fl. Except post concussion he is closer to Ryder than a star player.

Turk 16 06-29-2013 01:02 PM

Wow. Surprised. Will his miss PO production, not his in-season unauthorized absences.

Makes it much less likely Seguin goes, imo.

qc 06-29-2013 01:02 PM

I heard on TSN radio that Bergy's deal may be around 8yr/64m which is a bit more than I expected, though he's worth it. Maybe Bergy and Rask's deals play a role in Nate's decision.

Dellstrom 06-29-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QC (Post 68202241)
I heard on TSN radio that Bergy's deal may be around 8yr/64m which is a bit more than I expected, though he's worth it. Maybe Bergy and Rask's deals play a role in Nate's decision.

8m a year??!! Bergy is my favorite player in the league, one of my favorites all time, but that's basically Crosby money!

No way that's true. Won't be more than 7.

Confound 06-29-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QC (Post 68202241)
I heard on TSN radio that Bergy's deal may be around 8yr/64m which is a bit more than I expected, though he's worth it. Maybe Bergy and Rask's deals play a role in Nate's decision.

Wow... More than Stamkos? Wtf Bergy, him and Rask want 15 million combined? :amazed:

Nose Face Killah 06-29-2013 01:08 PM

Thank you Nathan Horton!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.