HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anybody going to the Rangers Fan Fest? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=145691)

FLYLine24 06-06-2005 02:36 PM

Anybody going to the Rangers Fan Fest?

Anyone else going? Its at the Rangers training center so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get inside that place. I got the invitation for being a season subscriber im not sure if its open to anyone.

Barnaby 06-06-2005 03:30 PM

That sounds cool, did it say what exactly is going to happen there?

FLYLine24 06-06-2005 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
That sounds cool, did it say what exactly is going to happen there?

Activities to include:
-Open Skate and Locker room tour of the exclusive training center
-Street hockey clinics with Rangers alumni(street hockey equipment to be supplied)
-Silent Auction, Prize Raffle and tag sale to benefit Rangers cheering for children
-Interactive hockey games, carnival-like activities for fans of all ages
-Alumni autograph and photo sessions

Rangers Alumni to include: Rod Gilbert, Glenn Anderson, Nick Fotiu, Ron Greschner, Dave Maloney, Stephane Matteu, Brian Mullen, and Steve Vickets. In addition, Rangers head coach Tom Renney will host a Sate-of-the-Team sessions.

Fletch 06-06-2005 03:40 PM

You're going to see a scrimmage...

old Rangers vs. older Rangers, since there is no CBA and thus no roster.

Barnaby 06-06-2005 03:48 PM

Any chance Matteau would have been invited to any of this stuff if he never scored that game 7 goal? Too bad Kypreos isn't at this stuff, I always remember hearing what a cool guy he was. Tikk would also probably be a pretty funny guy to meet...

Barnaby 06-06-2005 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
old Rangers vs. older Rangers, since there is no CBA and thus no roster.

If there is no CBA can they do stuff with AHLers like bring out guys like Lundmark, Moore, and Ortmeyer? Or is that something frowned on by the NHLPA? I could certainly see that...

FLYLine24 06-06-2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
If there is no CBA can they do stuff with AHLers like bring out guys like Lundmark, Moore, and Ortmeyer? Or is that something frowned on by the NHLPA? I could certainly see that...

I think it would be frowned apon, they are still technically under contract with the Ranger organization. if they called i the Wolfpack Fan fest I could see them getting away with it.

RedLightDistrict 06-06-2005 04:47 PM

I'll be there, FLY! :)

Kovy274Hart 06-06-2005 07:26 PM

I'll be there. :)

RedLightDistrict 06-08-2005 03:55 PM

has anyone gotten a confirmation e-mail from the rangers? or do we just show up?

FLYLine24 06-08-2005 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerbunny1024
has anyone gotten a confirmation e-mail from the rangers? or do we just show up?

I got my tickets in the mail from them 2 days ago.