HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   News Article: THW Two-Round Mock: Flyers get Ristolainen, Bigras (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1457265)

StevenToddIves 06-29-2013 09:30 PM

THW Two-Round Mock: Flyers get Ristolainen, Bigras

I recently published a two-round mock draft on thehockeywriters: http://thehockeywriters.com/ives-moc...hl-mock-draft/

I was wondering what the Flyers fans out there thought of the Philly picks, and what they think will actually ensue in tomorrow's draft.

Thanks!

Curufinwe 06-29-2013 09:37 PM

Ristolainen is a popular choice around here.

CS 06-29-2013 09:38 PM

I'll take Bigras in the second. Solid.

Wiqkid* 06-29-2013 09:42 PM

like both picks. dont see Nichushkin falling to 8. Not sure Carolina will take Monahan. Nice Flyers picks tho.

Haute Couturier 06-29-2013 09:54 PM

I'd be really happy with that draft although Lehkonen is my personal fave in round 2.

CS 06-29-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haute Couturier (Post 68232727)
I'd be really happy with that draft although Lehkonen is my personal fave in round 2.

Theodore is mine, honestly.

SeanCWombBroom 06-29-2013 10:20 PM

I have the same two picks in my unpublished mock. Weird. Bigras gives you another d-man that can be "2 way" -- and can be used in a lot of situations. Is a bit of a Renaissance defenseman or jack of all trades. Always seems to be racking up the + as well.

Jtown 06-29-2013 10:29 PM

id love that draft.

LegionOfDoom91 06-29-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Shafer (Post 68232935)
Theodore is mine, honestly.

I'll throw McCarron in there.

StevenToddIves 06-30-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiqkid (Post 68232159)
like both picks. dont see Nichushkin falling to 8. Not sure Carolina will take Monahan. Nice Flyers picks tho.

Well, I do the best I can but I'm not perfect.

With Carolina, I went by precedent: Jim Rutherford generally doesn't like drafting D in the first round, and hasn't taken a Euro in round one since 2001. Using those indicators, I went with Monahan. Strong chance they trade down, with NJ, BUF, DAL, CLB all lusting over Nichushkin.

As a matter of fact, I think that if Nichushkin falls to #7 Lamoriello flips picks with the Oilers to get him. Keep in mind the draft is in NJ, and the Oilers reportedly want either Zadorov/Nurse or Horvat, at least two of whom would still be around at #9.

Wiqkid* 06-30-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenToddIves (Post 68240365)
Well, I do the best I can but I'm not perfect.

With Carolina, I went by precedent: Jim Rutherford generally doesn't like drafting D in the first round, and hasn't taken a Euro in round one since 2001. Using those indicators, I went with Monahan. Strong chance they trade down, with NJ, BUF, DAL, CLB all lusting over Nichushkin.

As a matter of fact, I think that if Nichushkin falls to #7 Lamoriello flips picks with the Oilers to get him. Keep in mind the draft is in NJ, and the Oilers reportedly want either Zadorov/Nurse or Horvat, at least two of whom would still be around at #9.

No, its great work. Just my two cents. I think the Carolina pick is where things get interesting. What they do will change the way the draft goes. I think their is a very strong possibility they trade as well.

StevenToddIves 06-30-2013 02:18 AM

Thanks, Wiqkid

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiqkid (Post 68242409)
No, its great work. Just my two cents. I think the Carolina pick is where things get interesting. What they do will change the way the draft goes. I think their is a very strong possibility they trade as well.

I will be at the draft, so feel free to follow me on Twitter: @StIves72

StevenToddIves 06-30-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener (Post 68234053)
I have the same two picks in my unpublished mock. Weird. Bigras gives you another d-man that can be "2 way" -- and can be used in a lot of situations. Is a bit of a Renaissance defenseman or jack of all trades. Always seems to be racking up the + as well.

Great minds must think alike. Hopefully Holmgren, too.

Wiqkid* 06-30-2013 02:48 PM

I hope your right and we get Risto!