HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Coyotes Jersey Question (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1457371)

The Finnish MacInnis* 06-29-2013 11:20 PM

Coyotes Jersey Question
 
I recently bought off of eBay an authentic white Jeremy Roenick Coyotes jersey, I believe from the 97-98 season.

I have fallen in love with the colour scheme and design. I just want to ask you guys how you feel about the old jerseys vs. the current ones, and who in the blue hell didn't think the "southwest style" ones were unreal and changed them?

Don't get me wrong, I see the Coyotes' current get up as simple and classy, but you used to have a set of unis totally unique and with an identity.

Comments?

Kimahri 06-29-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR97A (Post 68237429)
I recently bought off of eBay an authentic white Jeremy Roenick Coyotes jersey, I believe from the 97-98 season.

I have fallen in love with the colour scheme and design. I just want to ask you guys how you feel about the old jerseys vs. the current ones, and who in the blue hell didn't think the "southwest style" ones were unreal and changed them?

Don't get me wrong, I see the Coyotes' current get up as simple and classy, but you used to have a set of unis totally unique and with an identity.

Comments?

Wayne Gretzky

XX 06-29-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR97A (Post 68237429)
I recently bought off of eBay an authentic white Jeremy Roenick Coyotes jersey, I believe from the 97-98 season.

I have fallen in love with the colour scheme and design. I just want to ask you guys how you feel about the old jerseys vs. the current ones, and who in the blue hell didn't think the "southwest style" ones were unreal and changed them?

Don't get me wrong, I see the Coyotes' current get up as simple and classy, but you used to have a set of unis totally unique and with an identity.

Comments?

Wayne Gretzky

ck26 06-29-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimahri (Post 68238165)
Wayne Gretzky

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 68238261)
Wayne Gretzky

One of only two positive contributions to the franchise. Don't know what anyone saw in that kachina jersey. Looked like a roller hockey jersey.

_Del_ 06-29-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ck26 (Post 68238531)
One of only two positive contributions to the franchise. Don't know what anyone saw in that kachina jersey. Looked like a roller hockey jersey.

:p:


Loved the old look, to be honest.

The Finnish MacInnis* 06-29-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Del_ (Post 68238673)
:p:


Loved the old look, to be honest.

I am with you. I cannot believe a majority of decision makers felt those unis shouldn't exist.

RemoAZ 06-29-2013 11:47 PM

They went from completely unique to completely bland. Kind of like what the Dbacks did. I would have liked for both teams to stop somewhere in the middle. Like lose the purple and add a bit more tan.

XX 06-29-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR97A (Post 68238841)
I am with you. I cannot believe a majority of decision makers felt those unis shouldn't exist.

There was only one decision maker. Gretzky signed on with the condition that he could change the jerseys.

Sinurgy 06-30-2013 12:30 AM

I loved the kachina jersey as well.

Vip 06-30-2013 01:19 AM

Old jerseys sucked. Pretty darn ugly. Maybe if they could go back to those old colors and logo but simplify them and clean them up a little. That would be awesome.

Sinurgy 06-30-2013 01:52 AM

I think a lot of hockey fans just really like bland no frills styling. All you have to do is pick 1 color in addition to white and then stick a giant letter on the front and they'll call the thing a masterpiece. Yuck.

CC96 06-30-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinurgy (Post 68243617)
I think a lot of hockey fans just really like bland no frills styling. All you have to do is pick 1 color in addition to white and then stick a giant letter on the front and they'll call the thing a masterpiece. Yuck.

Pretty much. I loved the old school jerseys.

huhwhtfkr 06-30-2013 08:53 PM

Back when we had style. love the old school sweater, new ones are just bland. so I wear the old school away on black nights and the brick on red nights.

rt 06-30-2013 09:00 PM

They may have been unique but the were vulgar, disingenuous, kitschy, and butt ugly.

huhwhtfkr 06-30-2013 09:18 PM

i get the feeling you wouldnt like my aloha shirt collection either
tomato tomato

The Finnish MacInnis* 06-30-2013 11:42 PM

Thanks guys for the input so far. I see there's definitely a divide.

Sinurgy 07-01-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 68381589)
They may have been unique but the were vulgar, disingenuous, kitschy, and butt ugly.

Yeah but this coming from a guy who absolutely loves as bland of design as humanly possible. Heck, I bet I could design your jersey of choice with this text editor...

'P'

Nailed it. :wally:

rt 07-01-2013 12:51 AM

I do like some plain uniforms. I like some pretty wild ones, too, though b

I LOVE The Chicoutimi Saguenéens uniforms...
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...jT2Xt/610x.jpg

I love The Brynäs IF uniforms...
http://huvudfoting.com/webblogg/imag...0905-sca06.jpg

Also love the Skellefteć AIK uniforms...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pqhLTXBUei...00/larsson.jpg

Sinurgy 07-01-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 68397987)
I do like some plain uniforms. I like some pretty wild ones, too, though b

My eyes, they're bleeding!!! Man rt, talk about all or nothing tastes. haha

rt 07-01-2013 01:11 AM

You have to imagine Skellefteć without all of the goddamned adds.

You are right, though. I prefer simple. Sterile, even. If I had complete control and it were actully up to me, we'd be sporting something like this...

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/v...onaCoyotes.png

ck26 07-01-2013 01:17 AM

You talked about Barcelona CF at one point so I understand the sleeve/color thing, but what do you like about the Skellefteć shirts? The stripes are too big and chunky to resemble the AZ state flag at all.

rt 07-01-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ck26 (Post 68398893)
You talked about Barcelona CF at one point so I understand the sleeve/color thing, but what do you like about the Skellefteć shirts? The stripes are too big and chunky to resemble the AZ state flag at all.

This was separate of the state flag thing. Those were just images of uniforms I really like. That's all.

XX 07-01-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 68399181)
This was separate of the state flag thing. Those were just images of uniforms I really like. That's all.

Simple works better when there is some sort of history behind it. It speaks for itself, it doesn't need a loud design.

Sinurgy 07-01-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 68398679)
You have to imagine Skellefteć without all of the goddamned adds.

You are right, though. I prefer simple. Sterile, even. If I had complete control and it were actully up to me, we'd be sporting something like this...

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/v...onaCoyotes.png

I could live with that, I do think the paw print is cool and it's a hell of lot better than the boring "hey let's just stick a giant letter on the front" design that seems to permeate the NHL.

yotesreign 07-01-2013 03:35 AM

The current unis have grown on me but I loved the original ones and still do. I also liked us wearing the white jerseys at home especially during white outs that just seemed to make more sense. I like the Coyote head in the current logo. But heck, they could just wear plain jerseys with the player's name & number on it as long as they're playing where I can go see them in person.

Of course, if they relocate, then I'd want them to wear a really really groovy jersey, ya know? If they're going to all that trouble, they'd better have the best damn jerseys in sports, otherwise they might just as well stay in Glendale!

:naughty:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.