HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   What are the chances of Crosby going to LA or NYR? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=145817)

Dave in LA 06-07-2005 01:07 PM

What are the chances of Crosby going to LA or NYR?
 
Sort of like how Patrick Ewing ended up in a NYK uniform.

The NHL has to survive in the USA. The 2 biggest markets are NY & LA. However, LA is not a major market when it comes to hockey. But seeing this kid shine in LA would do wonders for the sport.

What do you guys think?

Someone mentioned this before:

Frolov/Crosby/Brown :amazed:

D

Dave in LA 06-07-2005 01:09 PM

On second thought, why reward a crappy franchise that ultimately brought this situation the NHL is in right now?

LA is th only logical choice. :yo:

D

King Blazer 06-07-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave in LA
What do you guys think?

I think Boston would be a great spot for Crosby! :D

Bouchard 06-07-2005 02:17 PM

I would love to see him on Atlanta myself...put him with Kovalchuk and Heatley, that would be dangerous..

AnThGrt 06-07-2005 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouchard
I would love to see him on Atlanta myself...put him with Kovalchuk and Heatley, that would be dangerous..

Yes that would be the best line in the NHL for a long time and one of the best ever questionably

dafranchz 06-07-2005 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Yes that would be the best line in the NHL for a long time and one of the best ever questionably

That or between Zherdev and Nash in Columbus.

Dave in LA 06-07-2005 03:47 PM

Do you guys really think the NHL will allow Crosby to play in those markets? I don't think so. :shakehead

Remember, this kid is being compared to Gretzky. Moreover, the NHL has taken a huge hit by not playing this year. Everyone is bailing on this sport and rightfully so. There is no way they will allow him to play in Columbus or Atlanta.

He is going to a major market team, you can bet on that. It is either LA or NYR. Hopefully LA.

D

dafranchz 06-07-2005 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave in LA
Do you guys really think the NHL will allow Crosby to play in those markets? I don't think so. :shakehead

Remember, this kid is being compared to Gretzky. There is no way they will allow him to play in Columbus or Atlanta.

He is going to a major market team, you can bet on that. It is either LA or NYR.

D

Are you suggesting that the NHL is going to rig the Crosby sweepstakes?:D

Dave in LA 06-07-2005 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Dahlia
Are you suggesting that the NHL is going to rig the Crosby sweepstakes?:D
What do you think? It is going to be just like the Patrick Ewing situation.

D

Dave in LA 06-07-2005 03:57 PM

By the way Jeff, what is going on with Coach Gretzky? Is he or isn't he?

D

dafranchz 06-07-2005 04:00 PM

I dunno...but it is going to be very interesting how this all shapes up. As for Wayne being coach.....I haven't even really bothered asking. There is so much going on in the Yotes front office as well as on the player personnel level, so I haven't put much of a priority on finding out.

Old Hickory 06-07-2005 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Dahlia
I dunno...but it is going to be very interesting how this all shapes up. As for Wayne being coach.....I haven't even really bothered asking. There is so much going on in the Yotes front office as well as on the player personnel level, so I haven't put much of a priority on finding out.

Probably not a good idea either. That's isn't one of those things they want you to scoop. They would rather "shock and awe" something like that

Matt13 06-07-2005 04:17 PM

I say 2 in 30 chance

dafranchz 06-07-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Probably not a good idea either. That's isn't one of those things they want you to scoop. They would rather "shock and awe" something like that

Ah the life of journalism...if they told me, I would probably be sworn to secrecy! In all actuality and in this case....I really wouldn't say if I new. Because if I did....it would probably be the last time anyone looked my way.

Albi 06-07-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave in LA
Do you guys really think the NHL will allow Crosby to play in those markets? I don't think so. :shakehead

Remember, this kid is being compared to Gretzky. Moreover, the NHL has taken a huge hit by not playing this year. Everyone is bailing on this sport and rightfully so. There is no way they will allow him to play in Columbus or Atlanta.

He is going to a major market team, you can bet on that. It is either LA or NYR. Hopefully LA.

D

Why not Chicago? It's also a major market team. Or why not Boston? Same story. And what about Minneapolis?

Right now, I'm not betting on anything.

Capn Brown 06-07-2005 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Dahlia
Are you suggesting that the NHL is going to rig the Crosby sweepstakes?:D

Wait a minute! If we're talking "New York" and not necessarily the Rags, then Crosby has a 10% chance of winding up there! Hell, throw in the Devils and he's got over a 13% chance of playing on the north-eastern, coast. Wait a minute.....how close is Boston to New York/New Jersey?

....16.67%??????

Capn Brown 06-07-2005 05:41 PM

Oh, but by the same token, Crosby also has a 16.67% chance of playing down south:

Atlanta
Florida
Tampa Bay
Carolina
Nashville

Albi 06-07-2005 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Daleks
Oh, but by the same token, Crosby also has a 16.67% chance of playing down south:

Atlanta
Florida
Tampa Bay
Carolina
Nashville

If Crosby goes to the Canes, I'll hang up myself...

Reaper45 06-07-2005 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
Why not Chicago? It's also a major market team. Or why not Boston? Same story. And what about Minneapolis?

Right now, I'm not betting on anything.

Chicago and Boston's owners dont pay for ****. Minny is not a major market.
IF he does end up in Carolina, which I think is more likely than not, I wont hang myself, I'll laugh, cause they will still suck.

Albi 06-07-2005 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Chicago and Boston's owners dont pay for ****

True.
And ours?

Reaper45 06-07-2005 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
True.
And ours?

Isn't as bad as theirs.

McSorley 33 06-07-2005 06:50 PM

kings management pays for players every now and then. Not terrible with the wallet, yet not D.Trumping the market's players either like NYR or Leafs.

ReggieMoto 06-08-2005 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Chicago and Boston's owners dont pay for ****.

This will likely be a non-issue once the new CBA is signed. The question might be, who'll be able to afford him once the new CBA is in effect?

Dooney 06-08-2005 08:16 AM

I hear he will probably end up with the Rags. God I hate that thought. I'd much rather see him here.

King Blazer 06-08-2005 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
The question might be, who'll be able to afford him once the new CBA is in effect?

Or perhaps, under the new CBA, how long will his drafting club be able to underpay him until he's eligilbe to become a UFA? Will he be a player that as an RFA other teams beat his clubs offer driving his price way up? (I can't remember the last time this happened)

Maybe, how long before his drafting club deals him?

Then there's always, how much is a deal for the first pick this season worth? How much do teams want him? What will they trade/pay to the team that wins the lottery for the opportunity to draft Crosby? Is there any chance the team that wins the lottery would deal the pick?

Thanks for the set-up Reggie ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.