HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Prospect Info: Round 3, Pick #72: Tyrell Goulbourne, Forward, Kelowna (WHL) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1458265)

GKJ 06-30-2013 06:34 PM

Round 3, Pick #72: Tyrell Goulbourne, Forward, Kelowna (WHL)
 
Guess what.

Fightz


  • Name: Tyrell Goulbourne
  • WHL Number: 12
  • Position: Centre
  • Shoots/Catches: Left
  • Height 5'11"
  • Weight 195
  • Birthdate: 1994-01-26
  • Hometown: Edmonton, Alb

http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/851

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Ck...tty-Images.jpg

BillDineen 06-30-2013 06:48 PM

Rinaldo 2.0?

MichiganWolverines 06-30-2013 06:48 PM

He is a solid middleweight fighter.

Alchemy 06-30-2013 06:48 PM

We got another brotha. Hell yeah.

Craig MacAtaracts 06-30-2013 06:49 PM

Went to school with this guy.

Still remember him in grade 3 beating the **** out of a kid in grade 6 lol

sa cyred 06-30-2013 06:49 PM

ISS had him at 171.

I was missing the Klotz pick. Been way to long where we draft a goon in the 3rd

flybynite77 06-30-2013 06:49 PM

Holmgren likes to draft these type of overage guys with minimal skills and mainly grit who could just be signed as UDFA's.

freakydallas13 06-30-2013 06:50 PM

Remember Klotz jokes?

Now they are Goulbourne jokes.

3Fs 06-30-2013 06:51 PM

Having hard time seeing the use of this pick...someone help out with what I'm missing.

Thank you in advance....

LetsGoFlyers1825 06-30-2013 06:51 PM

Goulbourne-Mathers-Rinaldo future 4th line

FreshPerspective 06-30-2013 06:52 PM

Goulish ..pick :sarcasm:

sa cyred 06-30-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 (Post 68360939)
Goulbourne-Mathers-Rinaldo future 4th line

Well maybe if this was 30 years ago

Alchemy 06-30-2013 06:54 PM

I know nothing about this guy. So I'm not going to label him a "goon".

1865 06-30-2013 06:54 PM

Crap pick. Don't know why we do these.

Calderone 06-30-2013 06:54 PM

What's not to like? :)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=VIr_k...%3DVIr_kMM8Sis

GTopCheese 06-30-2013 06:54 PM

Holy reach?

DrinkFightFlyers 06-30-2013 06:55 PM

Meh, I mean how many of us honestly can say whether or not this is a good pick? I have never heard of him or half the guys taken in this round. These guys have like a 10% chance of making at as an NHLer to begin with. Ease up and see what he is doing in a couple years because there is very little you can say that could legitimately call into question a third round pick.

Even if you have seen him play before. Even if you have read his full scouting report. The Flyers scouts have 100x more information and expertise on the subject than you. You may not like the pick in terms of maybe you wanted a different player, but don't act like you know more than the team because it is so much more likely that you are wrong about whomever you would have chosen based on a tweet from Bill Meltzer back in February or whatever.

LetsGoFlyers1825 06-30-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 68361037)
Well maybe if this was 30 years ago

Someome tell our FO that :facepalm:

macleish1974 06-30-2013 06:57 PM

Dear Homer,

Lost interest in your version of the Flyers.......sorry buddy......but Goulbourne.......why don't you pick a paper cup, a paper clip and a rubberband for the 5th 6th and 7th picks

LegionOfDoom91 06-30-2013 06:57 PM

Judging by his tweet and him not being there, I think he's even surprised he was picked this early.

jr13 06-30-2013 06:57 PM

Really
 
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115717

best fight I could find.....he isn't too smart since he starts fights while the offense is skating up the ice....and he won 1 of 3 fights I saw......seriously, no better prospect at this point than this guy?

BillDineen 06-30-2013 07:00 PM

I would have preferred Subban.

Alchemy 06-30-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr13 (Post 68362273)
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115717

best fight I could find.....he isn't too smart since he starts fights while the offense is skating up the ice....and he won 1 of 3 fights I saw......seriously, no better prospect at this point than this guy?

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/Fig...5&Player=64238

Not defending or advocating the pick but he wins more than he loses.

GKJ 06-30-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 68361695)
Meh, I mean how many of us honestly can say whether or not this is a good pick? I have never heard of him or half the guys taken in this round. These guys have like a 10% chance of making at as an NHLer to begin with. Ease up and see what he is doing in a couple years because there is very little you can say that could legitimately call into question a third round pick.

Even if you have seen him play before. Even if you have read his full scouting report. The Flyers scouts have 100x more information and expertise on the subject than you. You may not like the pick in terms of maybe you wanted a different player, but don't act like you know more than the team because it is so much more likely that you are wrong about whomever you would have chosen based on a tweet from Bill Meltzer back in February or whatever.

Oh, look, it's 'they get paid to do this and you're on a computer' guy. Argument's over guys. We can close the thread since it's not really worth objectively challenging it.

3Fs 06-30-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillDineen (Post 68362695)
I would have preferred Subban.

amen to that wth?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.