HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   2013-2014 Season Roster Part 2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1458721)

SniperHF 06-30-2013 11:47 PM

2013-2014 Season Roster Part 2
 
Continue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio (Post 68394751)
:), I wasn't referring to you but to the others who think he's "broken fruit" or not capable of being a first line forward.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Mosby (Post 68394739)
I've liked Connolly quite a bit since his draft year. But we need a player that can step in next season, play on the 1st line, and score 70 points. To my knowledge he's not ready to do that. We pretty much need guaranteed points, not a player who could hit that mark if given the opportunity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio (Post 68394653)
:laugh: gladly will because apparently getting 62 points in 71 AHL games as a rookie makes you "broken fruit". :shakehead

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPreferPi (Post 68394587)
I think Stone for Connolly is probably the best basis for a move between our teams. I would be willing to add maybe a 3rd or a 4th, but it wouldn't be much more than that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbk (Post 68394559)
His freakishly small hand is one concern.

Connelly is a very good prospect. As are a few of our own. Some of which we (and our scouting staff) rank ahead of Connelly.

IMO we are looking to move Yandle or Rundblad. We unfortunately can't take on much in terms of salary so that limits our enthusiasm for players like Purcell or Malone if we were going to move the more likely asset in Yandle (and even then I would want more to be honest). Really until we know if the organization is moving and/or potential impact to our budget I'm not sure we can really do anything for a couple more days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 68394557)
I've only seen him play internationally. He's a good prospect. I don't want to take anything away from Connolly. That's not my intent.


The Wyzerhood 06-30-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbk (Post 68394559)
His freakishly small hand is one concern.

Connelly is a very good prospect. As are a few of our own. Some of which we (and our scouting staff) rank ahead of Connelly.

IMO we are looking to move Yandle or Rundblad. We unfortunately can't take on much in terms of salary so that limits our enthusiasm for players like Purcell or Malone if we were going to move the more likely asset in Yandle (and even then I would want more to be honest). Really until we know if the organization is moving and/or potential impact to our budget I'm not sure we can really do anything for a couple more days.

I definitely understand what you're saying and the cap constraints your organization works under severely limits the returns or possibilities that may be there for trade. On paper, our teams look like good trading partners, but clearly it doesn't translate as well in actual proposals from a fan's standpoint.

IPreferPi 06-30-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz 5m
I lied. One more on the Mike Smith deal from Maloney: "Both sides were not overly happy with the deal so it’s probably fair."
Ugh, that irks me. Maloney's going to get his work cut out for him playing musical chairs just to accommodate that contract. Not saying that he can't make it work, but things could've been so much more straightforward...

XX 06-30-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPreferPi (Post 68395011)
Ugh, that irks me. Maloney's going to get his work cut out for him playing musical chairs just to accommodate that contract. Not saying that he can't make it work, but things could've been so much more straightforward...

Unless, you know, your whole point is made irrelevant in 48 hours. Just saying. No chairs need to be moved if the budget goes to $60m. Quite the opposite.

The Wyzerhood 06-30-2013 11:52 PM

In response to IPreferPi from the previous thread, I'm sure there's something that can be worked out in a deal between Connolly for Stone plus a pick. We'd likely push for a 2nd, but I could see us settling for a 3rd.

Sindiggy 06-30-2013 11:53 PM

One of the nice things about the roster is that we should be set up to take full advantage of the 'trading' deadline.

We've got Michalek, Klesla and DeMo who could be targeted to be moved and at the deadline, teams are always willing to trade for that last piece to help them, and the Coyotes could be right there to give them that piece and then fill in that piece with Rundblad and Gormley.

Michalek probably fetches a 1st at the deadline and Klesla or DeMo would return a 2nd at worst.

Mosby 06-30-2013 11:58 PM

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but McLellan tweeted this:

"Maloney said they had a few trades in the works today but nothing materialized. Could still happen this week."

rt 06-30-2013 11:58 PM

I like Vladislav Namestnikov a great deal.

The Wyzerhood 07-01-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 68395471)
I like Vladislav Namestnikov a great deal.

Am not sure how our fans would feel about trading him, especially after we just bought out Vinny but personally, I'd trade him for Stone straight up.

However, from management's perspective it could be more of an issue since we're fairly light at center after Stamkos and TJ.

ck26 07-01-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sindiggy (Post 68395169)
One of the nice things about the roster is that we should be set up to take full advantage of the 'trading' deadline.

We've got Michalek, Klesla and DeMo who could be targeted to be moved and at the deadline, teams are always willing to trade for that last piece to help them, and the Coyotes could be right there to give them that piece and then fill in that piece with Rundblad and Gormley.

Michalek probably fetches a 1st at the deadline and Klesla or DeMo would return a 2nd at worst.

You might get a better return at the deadline, but if Gormley and Rundblad are ready to roll by October, I want both of them in the lineup opening night. Gormley being the #7 or in Portland waiting for a trade has no appeal whatsoever.

XX 07-01-2013 01:47 AM

Something has to give. There are too many D that need NHL minutes on the roster right now. The psyche of this team is also fragile. Sending them on their way with a patchwork roster that is worse than last year, somehow, is a recipe for disaster. But then so would potentially trading away one of your big leaders like Doan or Yandle.

Sindiggy 07-01-2013 01:47 AM

That's the nice thing, whenever Gormley and/or Rundblad are ready, they can play...doesn't mean that Klesla, Michalek or DeMo are worth any less.

...and let's face it, with the way last year went, we're probably likely to have at least 1 injury on the back end.

O23L 07-01-2013 02:04 AM

Ideally, I'd like to trade Rundblad and Klesla.

Yandle - Morris
OEL - Michalek
Stone - Gormley
Schlemko

Boom. Done.

Mosby 07-01-2013 10:34 AM

The Habs were in on yesterday's discussions for Alex Edler.

So they're looking for an offensive D. Would you guys do Yandle for Plekanec?

Plekanec has three years on his contract, each at $5 mil. He's 30 and another Czech for our team. In the last four seasons, he's scored 33 points (47 games), 52 points, 57 points, and 70 points.

_Del_ 07-01-2013 10:53 AM

Personally, no, though he'd be a great Tippett player. Yandle's transitional game is worth more to the offense than Plek would be, imo. Would I consider a deal with Plekanec and another large piece, yes, but there is no way the Habs would do that.

IPreferPi 07-01-2013 11:01 AM

Plek is an excellent 2C. But I wouldn't trade Yandle for him. Would rather try to somehow package Vermette + Klesla/Morris for him.

IPreferPi 07-01-2013 11:26 AM

Missed in the hubbub of the draft:

Quote:

Sarah McLellan @azc_mclellan
Also, all RFAs in organization will be offered qualifying offers before tomorrow's deadline except Scott Arnold.

Mosby 07-01-2013 12:09 PM

Sounds like Toronto won't re-sign Clarke MacArthur. Could be an option for us.

I also really like Michael Ryder as a free agent.

IPreferPi 07-01-2013 12:25 PM

Ack, I'm going to hold off from further attempts at Moneypucking as I simply don't know which of our high-salary pieces are being shopped, or our budget. Also don't know which RFAs will be qualified to one-way deals, since apparently almost all of them are going to be qualified.

Mosby 07-01-2013 12:35 PM

Reports here in Toronto that Tyler Bozak is looking for 8 years at 5 mil per. Good luck to him!

hbk 07-01-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Mosby (Post 68411093)
The Habs were in on yesterday's discussions for Alex Edler.

So they're looking for an offensive D. Would you guys do Yandle for Plekanec?

Plekanec has three years on his contract, each at $5 mil. He's 30 and another Czech for our team. In the last four seasons, he's scored 33 points (47 games), 52 points, 57 points, and 70 points.

No. I wouldn't even consider Plekanec for Yandle.

mouser 07-01-2013 03:27 PM

Poor Keith Ballard, put on waivers by Vancouver today. Obviously just interested in clearing cap space for him.

Bandit34 07-01-2013 04:48 PM

Just a rumor but I've heard Hendricks has asked for around 2.5 million from Washington (which is why he'll be a free agent even though Washington loved him).

Rumor found in Caps fans comments: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-agent-market/

I think it's safe to say that re-signing Chipchura is a good bet to be our 4th line center.

IPreferPi 07-01-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandit34 (Post 68432971)
Just a rumor but I've heard Hendricks has asked for around 2.5 million from Washington (which is why he'll be a free agent even though Washington loved him).

Rumor found in Caps fans comments: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-agent-market/

I think it's safe to say that re-signing Chipchura is a good bet to be our 4th line center.

Crazy if true. At least the Gaustad contract can be rationalizible because he's an elite defensive forward. Hendricks is a very good 4th line center, but he's not elite in anything and certainly doesn't produce offensively to be worth above $1M.

IPreferPi 07-01-2013 05:05 PM

And it's a done deal. :help:

Quote:

Sarah McLellan @azc_mclellan
As expected, #Coyotes make Smith signing official.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.